It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:43 pm

Free Newsletter

Kid's

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Kid's

Postby Chelle » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:59 pm

I think eating healthy & talking to hubby about healthy eating options has rubbed off onto my 5 year old son. Josh now when he drinks milk or water comment's on that "drinking milk is healthy & will make my bones stronger" & he try's to show off his muscles or "drinking water is better for you". Or even food he will comment if thing's are healthy or not. Even he will get down to the ground & do pushup's & situp's because he watches me at the gym or at home & of course the biggest looser. It's good that he has picked up on it & himself making better food choices but I feel a bit strange about it because he is only 5 years old. Do you guy's think it is a good thing or a bad thing that he is already talking about good food choices with eating & drinking at his age.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:17 pm

nah i think its a good thing. theres so much focus on obesity in children these days but i think its encouraging to see those ads on tv where it tells kids to drink water and eat fruit and veg and exercise. again though because is so young its probably just a stage he is going through in regards to getting down and doing push ups etc. but i think its a good thing that he is conscious of what he is eating :)
Last edited by kate_turner2000 on Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:16 pm

I think it's brilliant Chelle. It just goes to show what a positive role model you are for your sons :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Ses » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:50 pm

He will remember this all his life! Most schools are teaching healthy eating to pre-school/Y1 kids anyway, so if it is reinforced at home too that can only be positive.
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:40 pm

so long as it's not overly obsessive and he recognises chocolate, chips etc as "sometimes" foods not "never touch them or your head will explode" foods (although as a Mr 5 with very literal rule interpretations he might have a bit of trouble with this concept). As with everything related to kids, it's all about teaching them to make healthy and safe choices as adults.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:55 pm

yeah I agree with Teagan, as long as it isnt too full on, its great that he is aware of these things :) Connor is 4 and he is the same...'milk is from cows, and milk is healthy and good for my bones' 'carrots are not just for bunnies mummy they are healthy for strong boys too' :) I think its great :D
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Return to Just Chatting