It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Ipods

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Ipods

Postby Iwillbefit » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:13 pm

I've got an $80 voucher from Harvey Norman and I want to use it towards an Ipod. The only thing is that I've heard soooo many bad stories about the Ipod about the screens or not working properly and I need something apart from the music download on my mobile to keep my going at the gym.

Any recommendations?
I cracked the 90kg mark for the first time in two years, I'm happy!!
Iwillbefit

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:15 pm

my brother had an ipod and the battery went in it after about 8 months. theres a place in sydney that you can buy batterys from and we brought one to fix it and although the battery went in it wont work because the hold button is retarded on it.

apparently the little ipods that clip onto your clothes are good
kate_turner2000

Postby Iwillbefit » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:26 pm

Yeah I'm also interested in different brands, I guess I should have said something along the lines of mp3 players :?
Iwillbefit

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:43 pm

I have an Ipod, the new slim line ones. Honestly I think it is the hardest device to use. Not user friendly at all. The instructions that came with it are C##p. I have so many mp3 files on my computer (in media player) that I can't import into my Ipod.

The only way I've managed to put music in it is through actual CD's. Does not tell you how to store music in to different files, actually if your not Apple savvy it makes it hard.

Also, the charger is a USB cable so if you need to charge it you need to plug it in to your computer, which is a pain in the bum.

Second time round I wouldn't go for Apple.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Becksta » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:23 pm

I have a 2 gig ipod nano and I love it.

I have about 185 songs on it and it's not even half full.

I can either plug it into my pc or I have a clock/radio docking station beside my bed that I can plug it into to charge or use it as speakers.

I have a rubber case and an arm strap for when I'm out and about :)

I know there were quite a few problems with the early models but the 2nd gen ones seem quite robust to me.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wF2P4eK/]
[/url]
Becksta

Postby milkyway » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:26 pm

I have an iPod nano and I HATE HATE HATE it.

I HATE the software that you HAVE to use to get the songs onto your iPod. I find it completely unworkable (and hey - I've worked in IT and software usability for years!) and I always end up throwing a hissy fit so I rarely update my music - must've been about a year, now. Whereas my other mp4 player is sooo easy - I can just drag and drop songs from Windows Explorer onto the MP3 player. It also needs to charge through a USB cable, but that's alright, just as long as I remember to do it.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Iwillbefit » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:08 pm

Yeah so I wasn't too far off with it not being all that popular - so what would you guys recommend then?

What's an mp4 player?
Iwillbefit

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:09 pm

I bought a cheap one from aldi, dont know what brand it is...they are still available though, I think it cost me $45 its really simple to use, with easy software (drag and drop) and mine is full now and holds 300 songs... It came with 2 sets of headphones and a lanyard (so u can hang it around your neck) and its great...it doesnt jump or anything, and I use it all the time...they are still there at the moment :) It was my chrissie present to myself last year and its the best thing I ever bought ;)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Iwillbefit » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:56 pm

oooh I have to check out aldi then....but I'd like to use the voucher at harvey norman...the things is there is nothing else I need to buy from there....or maybe a breadmaker lol.
Iwillbefit

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:16 pm

LOL you can buy me a blender with the voucher ;)
kate_turner2000

Postby Iwillbefit » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:29 pm

lol no worries, it all depends on the change I get :lol:
Iwillbefit

Postby Chelle » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:48 am

Milkyway wrote:
I HATE the software that you HAVE to use to get the songs onto your iPod. I find it completely unworkable (and hey - I've worked in IT and software usability for years!) and I always end up throwing a hissy fit so I rarely update my music

With iTune once you have purchased the song's go back to your libary, All you need to do is go into file & find scroll down till you find the word "sync ipod" & it does it automatically it is quite easy to download to an ipod It took me a while to work it out aswell, as I can be a bit computer alleriate somtimes

I have 4gb Nano. the new generation model & I haven't had any problem's with it yet. I use it for running & weight training. I have a sport's wrap around my arm, made out of wet suit material which is best because it hold's the sweat & it wont fall out either like some of the plastic arm band holder's.
Chelle

Postby milkyway » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:57 am

But the trouble with that Chelle, is that you always have to update from the same computer or you overwrite your songs. I ran into problems when my old laptop died and got a new one, reinstalled the software and added new songs to it and when I put them on the iPod, it wiped all the old ones. If I want to grab some from my husband's PC or someone elses, I can't just drag and drop them via explorer in about 10 seconds as what it takes with my other player :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

I won't even go near it now and will never buy another. I think iTunes has got some serious usability issues.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Chelle » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:05 pm

I can see your problem sandra. It would be a bit hard on another computer. I can see why you can't do anything about those songs. What a bummer hey!!
Chelle

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:01 pm

milkyway wrote:But the trouble with that Chelle, is that you always have to update from the same computer or you overwrite your songs. I ran into problems when my old laptop died and got a new one, reinstalled the software and added new songs to it and when I put them on the iPod, it wiped all the old ones. If I want to grab some from my husband's PC or someone elses, I can't just drag and drop them via explorer in about 10 seconds as what it takes with my other player :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

I won't even go near it now and will never buy another. I think iTunes has got some serious usability issues.

That's the problem I get too. Every time I go to import new music I lose my play list so I have to start afresh. I don't think the software is user friendly at all.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Next

Return to Just Chatting