It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Free Newsletter

So Upset!!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

So Upset!!!

Postby ali » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:49 pm

I bought a gorgeous pair of sass and bide jeans yesterday and I was so excited! I havent bought anything in ages, especially jeans, and these are so nice! But too long, thats the problem with being short and fat!

So I took them to this alterations place my mum suggested, to get them taken up. I just picked them up and they are too short!!!! I cant believe it! They did a terrible job! They are about an inch and half too short at the front, the backs are ok... Im just so upset!

What a waste! They were so expensive as well. I dont know what to do!

Does anyone know if there is anything you can do for jeans that are too short? I guess I cant really take them to another alterations shop and get them to add some denim, because it would look stupid and wouldnt match...

What should I do?! Im so upset!!!!!! Grr!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby Roar2Life » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:01 pm

For starters i'd take them back to the alterations place and make a complaint. :twisted: Then maybe you could get them converted to 3/4 pants or shorts.
In a world full of people only some want to fly...
Roar2Life

Postby Ally » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:04 pm

I agree Roar....they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it...I can understand your dissappointment ali.....gosh that is terrible....Getting somewhere else to add denim would be one suggestion, but I have to again agree with Roar....maybe it would be better to get them converted to 3/4 pants....Let us know how you go and what you decide to do with them
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby ali » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:06 pm

yeah my bf thinks i should complain, but i wouldnt know what to say. Im also a softy so I dont know how mush i could stand up for myself! Lol. Besides, the guy there that served me could barely understand english!

I just dont see the point of complaining anyway, unless they want to fork out the money for a new pair! Which i highly doubt. Im so upset!!!!! :cry:
[/url]
ali

Postby ali » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:09 pm

I dont want to convert them into 3/4 pants though... The jeans are too nice and im not a fan of 3/4... Im so annoyed! What a shame. They are so nice! Grr.

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I just needed to vent my frustrations!
[/url]
ali

Postby Ally » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:13 pm

that is understandable ali...vent away mate....I just can't get over the fact that they stuffed them up like that....maybe you should get your BF to go in with you and demand that they do exactly that...refund you the purchase cost, I think that is fair, you took your jeans to them in good faith and they stuffed them up. As you said they weren't cheap!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby ali » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:17 pm

Hmm, yeah I should definitely bring along my bf, he definitely has the confidence to complain about something! Im hopeless at it. But my bf is away atm and I wont be able to go in until next weekend. Do you think that is too long to wait to complain about it?

Otherwise I might go in tomorrow with my mum. Im nervous. I hate complaining, but they were so expensive...
[/url]
ali

Postby sassi » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:27 pm

i'd go sooner rather than later - maybe take your mum? but i would definitely take them back. the only option would be if they'd left any hem or something to play around with but with the finish on jeans there usually isn't.

take them back - with the receipt for the purchase of the jeans. you could do some browsing on the web as well to see what your rights are as a consumer in this instance.

i'd be wanting the value of the jeans but worse case scenario, you should absolutely get a refund on the price of the alteration & you might be able to sell them on ebay to someone with shorter legs!
sassi

Postby ali » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:31 pm

Aagh! I have just been taking a closer look at my jeans and I have realised that the leg lengths are different by about 1/2-1 cm. Not much but still! You can tell when they are on! And the colour of the cotton they used doesnt match the colour of the stitching on the rest of the jeans, something I asked them to do! Also, the hemming is crooked! Like they cant sew in a straight line! Grr.

I wish I had gone to the place where I know they are good, but this place was really close and mum said they were good. But it was different ppl there than when she went.

The guy spent about two seconds and then walked off and the other guy was on his mobile, talking on that and to me at the same time. He also tried to rip us off when we payed! It cost $16 and mum gave a $50, but he asked if she had an extra $6 so she gave it to him, then he gave her $30 change. But we were both like, that should be $40. He didnt believe us and it took ages to convince him to give us the extra money! Grr.

Ok. Enough ranting for the day. Im just so upset. The jeans are gorgeous and I havent treated myself to a new pair of jeans in over a year! Im so upset! :cry:
[/url]
ali

Postby shelbel » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:21 pm

All the more reason to take them back because if they arent the same length then they are really in the wrong and should have to do something about! I really hate bad service as well, id be majorly peeved too seeing that not only were they expensive but special to you as well.

Maybe if you feel arkward about complaining you could make a list of the things you want to say then use that, i know whenever i have to do these things i get flusted and muck it up!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby ali » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:29 pm

Thanks for all your help, support and advice, its really great to have people to talk to about all your stupid little problems!

I havent bought a new pair of jeans in over two years so I was so stoked to get these... Thats why its so upsetting! My bf said he would help me, so hopefully he'll be able to argue a good case for me! Ive been going over in my head what I would like to say but I know once I get there I will freeze and forget everything! Lol.

My bf also suggested sticking the tags back on and taking them back to dj's where I bought them, if all else fails! Lol. But I could never do that, after taking them up! Thats so wrong! He said he could do it because he doesnt have a conscience, lol. But I couldnt let him! Lol. Oh well. I'll let you all know how it goes when I get the nerve to go back to the alterations shop! Lol.

Thanks again.
[/url]
ali

Postby ali » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:19 pm

UPDATE:

I took my jeans back today with my mum, I couldnt wait any longer! I spoke with the guy in charge and he was so apologetic. He added a false hem, which you cant even see, so they are slightly longer and both legs are the same length!

He did it in 30 mins free of charge. Im so happy now! They could still probably be a little bit longer (im used to wearing my jeans long) but that was the best that they could do and im happy enough. At least now I can wear them without looking stupid. Yay! Now I just need somewhere to wear them to! Lol.

Thanks for all your advice guys, it was great! *hugs* :D
[/url]
ali

Postby madeline » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:31 pm

hehe yay! i'm so glad your S&B saga worked out, ali :D
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby ali » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:35 pm

Thanks! Im glad too, otherwise I would have been moping for weeks to come! Lol. As it was I binged when I found out about my jeans.

I was able to resist all the bad food in the shopping centre and went straight home. Then at home I was desperate for food to "make me feel better" but I dont keep bad food in the house, for this exact reason, so I binged on grapes. So I guess that wasnt too bad, lol.

Still, I will have to work on the whole "food for comfort" issue... Its a struggle!
[/url]
ali

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:28 pm

Take them back and demand they replace the jeans. they have done an inferior job which has resulted in a pair of jeans being unwearable and unfixable. Unless of course they got you to ok the length before they cut and you changed your mind about the length - in which case they won't and don't have to replace them. Take photos before you give them the jeans though.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Next

Return to Just Chatting