It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:05 am

Free Newsletter

Implanon to Pill

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Implanon to Pill

Postby shelbel » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:07 pm

I know there is a topic about implanon already and i did have a look at it, but ive got a few questions! Im having mine removed tomorrow and going back on the pill as i want more control over my monthlies. My questions are:

:arrow: Does it hurt to after its removed? If so how long for? Can i use it as an excuse to be on light duties at work! Haha

:arrow: Will i gain weight going from implant to pill?? This almost enough for me to just shove another implant in!

Thanks heaps and any feedback would be most helpful!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Re: Implanon to Pill

Postby Ses » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:25 pm

:arrow: Does it hurt to after its removed? If so how long for? Can i use it as an excuse to be on light duties at work! Haha

:arrow: Will i gain weight going from implant to pill?? This almost enough for me to just shove another implant in!

The weight gain some people get from the pill is just fluid gain, and usually minimal. Pain after removal will depend on how much tissue your body has put around the implanon, and how easily it pops out. Usually you are advised to not lift anything heavy for a week after removal (until the stitch is removed).
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:15 pm

hey shel when i had mine removed the doctor guided it through the hole and the nurse pulled it out with the tweezers. it didnt need stiches just one of those tape stitch things. it probably hurt as much as when they take blood for a blood test after its out. i was able to do everything normally without being in pain.

secondly i didnt really notice any different weight wise when it came to going back on the pill. it took a cycle to get my periods back to being a bit more regular and it stopped the moods and so on but didnt really make a difference to the weight.
kate_turner2000

Postby grugwashere » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:31 am

i found it hurt to get it out.. but thats because the local didnt work.. hehehehe

a few days after it was very tender to touch...

im not sure about the weightgain as i didnt want to take the pill.. i dont think i will ever go on hormone based contraception again... good old condoms for me i think lol
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby Chelle » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:26 pm

I've never had one, but I know two people who have. my sister-in-law gained 10Kg with it in. & my other friend had a bad reaction & had to have it taken out.

Everyone is different. So talk to your doctor about side effect & see if it is right for you.
Chelle

Postby yummymummy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:25 pm

It hurt about as much coming out as it did going in for me, the injection of local was the worst bit, and unfortunatly was not given the options of light duties I went straight to work after having it out (BUMMER!)

Everyones bodies react differently to pills/implantons Its diffucult to say what willhappen to you, some pills are known for having less side effects than others,not sure which ones tho
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby shelbel » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:30 pm

Thanks heaps for your imput, its all done now and the local is wearing off, but it feels ok, i can tell its there but it doesnt hurt (yet) if that makes any sense! The doc gave me a sample nuva ring, so i'll try that for a month and see how it goes, if no good its back to the pill for me!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Ses » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:06 pm

I quite like the concept of the Nuva ring - but many GPs think it is too hard for people too use. I am interested to hear what you think after trialling it Shelbel.....
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

Return to Just Chatting