It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:30 am

Free Newsletter

not smoking

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

not smoking

Postby milo » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:09 pm

I thought I would start a non smoking thread. I seem to think about everything I put in my mouth because of you guys so I thought it might work with smoking. I just threw a packet away so i will begin my entries tommorrow... Lets hope I am strong and not have any :?
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:44 pm

best wishes mel. i dont know how hard it is to give up as i never took smoking up and cant stand the smell of it but i know how hard it is to give up foods that i shouldnt have so im sending lots of encouragement and best wishes your way!

mick (fiance) is on his final step of the nicabate patches. this is his 9th week.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:33 pm

Congrat's Mel. That's a great idea, if it help's you to not smoke. We are all here top give you support, & if you think of us everytime you go to smoke it telling you somthing that you can quit & give them up for life, think of your health Darl. Well done you can do it.
Chelle

Postby milo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:45 pm

Today I had 4 and I feel so guilty but I only have 1 then I have none left... So it will be interesting. I didnt go out at lunch today to have one well I usually have 2. I felt really adjictated but I did it. I got past it.
When I had them i felt so sick but still did it anyway. So tommorrow I will have one and then no more. I will be strong and not buy a packet.
I only brought a pack coz me and hubby had a fight on sat night but everything is cool so theres no need to do it anymore.

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Chelle » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:14 am

Stay strong Mel you can do it!!
Chelle

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:22 am

Giving up the fags is the hardest thing hun, I feel for you! :( Ive been 13 months smoke free now, and I was a pack of Horizon 50s smoker a day (yeah feral, I know! :oops: ) it was soooo hard and I think I attempted to do it about 20 times before i finally gave up...it was the hardest thing, but it has also been the most rewarding....to not need a smoke first thing in the morning, to no sore chest and lungs, no more gunky cough, smelly hair and clothes, no more headaches and dizziness....milo, I can smell my perfume now, I am far less stressed out (surprisingly!) and I can walk for hours without chest pain or feeling puffed....its so rewarding mate, and you will do it too, I promise, if you keep at it :D Im totally anti smoking now, the smell of it gives me an instant headache and makes me want to vomit.....when i successfully gave up this time around I used the patches, and my god did they make ALL the difference to me! They really take the edge off, then all you need to deal with is the 'habit' (smoke while having coffee, on the phone, on your break etc....I broke this by sitting in a different seat, drinking water, sucking on a lollipop, sugarfree gum, etc I didnt go out on my back veranda for 6 weeks as this was where i would sit for ages and smoke and i knew just being out there was too much temptation....you need to replace the old habits with new ones ;) ) You can do it mate! If you slip a bit, who cares, just keep at it and you will get there! :D ;) good on you milo!
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby yummymummy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:12 am

GODDLUCK BABE! I havent had a smoke for 5yrs now(wow time has flown) it was hard but soworth it in the end
:D :D :D :D :D
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby milo » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:27 pm

I brought some today :( I dont know why I am doin it again. I stopped for 5 years

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Chelle » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:54 pm

It's just false of habbit Mel. Don't smoke them or try not to anyway.
Chelle

Postby milo » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:35 pm

It is habit, and thats it

I had a few today but threw them away at lunch time... So I got to be strong now. I am not going to the shops alone for a while or on my lunch breaks so I cant buy any

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:44 pm

hey mel

i think you should focus on one thing at a time. sit and make some decisions-

a. stop smoking or
b. lose weight

i think you are trying to concentrate on too much and its why you keep going back to smoking. if it were me id concentrate on the weightloss first only because if you can see the weight going down on the scales and feeling better about yourself inside as well as out, i reckon you will find that later on down the track the smoking will ease each day. when you see the success of one thing happening you will gain the confidence you need to see the other goal within reach.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:00 pm

Just an idea write out a shopping list when you go to the shops & only buy the thing's on the list & stay clear of any registers near where you can purchased smokes that way it not as much temptation to buy.
Chelle

Postby Fireball » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:06 am

Good on you Mel. Gracie is so right. I used to smoke 60 a day but using patches I found it relatively easy to quit. As long as you're committed you can do it. I don't feel like having a smoke. I don't miss it at all.

I once asked my kids, would you like to live in a 2 story house near the beach? They enthusiastically said yes and I said, "Well don't be stupid and smoke like your dad & I. If we didn't smoke we could be living there now."

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby hazel99 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:53 pm

good luck, i havent put myself to do it either. maybe through you ill have the confidence as well.
hazel99

Postby milo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:29 pm

Well still doing it but I only had 3 today and thats fantastic for me. I dont even feel like one. I am sick though so maybe that way but hey its a good start

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Next

Return to Just Chatting