It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Free Newsletter

not smoking

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Chelle » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:50 pm

That's exercellent Mel, keep up the good work.

There was somthing on TV the other day promoting some website I didn't get to the tv in time, where is didn't involve money, or any type of partches they rekon that they could make you quit smoking in 7 day's somthing along those lines but I though of you, I haven't seen it since so i can't tell you what they are called.
Chelle

Postby milo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:07 pm

Dam that would have been great :? oh well
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby milo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:48 pm

Today I had 4 and hubby has gone to footy so I would normally smoke my brains out. I had one before work, lunch, after work and now

Tommorrow I am not going to have one at lunch time.

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby tamlee » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:16 pm

Hi Milo how is it going? I gave up 3 weeks ago its been hard but I am already feeling so much better for it :)

I started using the nicotine gum and it worked like a dream now I can chew any gum and it relieves my cravings not that they are bad any more I probably only get one a day and I normally jump on my exercise bike till the craving passes. Drink tons and tons of water it helps too :)

Hope all is going well for you.

cheers
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlFCALM/]
[/url]
tamlee

Postby milo » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:58 pm

tamlee wrote:Hi Milo how is it going? I gave up 3 weeks ago its been hard but I am already feeling so much better for it :)

I started using the nicotine gum and it worked like a dream now I can chew any gum and it relieves my cravings not that they are bad any more I probably only get one a day and I normally jump on my exercise bike till the craving passes. Drink tons and tons of water it helps too :)

Hope all is going well for you.

cheers

:roll: still going. But hubby is off with me for the next 2 days so i am determained not to have any. I seem to keep failing at it. But you know what I am not really trying. Each time I have one its like yep thats the last one but the next morning i go and buy a packet. My husband would get soooooo angry if he found out i promised him i had stopped.

I can do it, just got to get in the right frame of mind and not think about them

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby tamlee » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:30 pm

Yeah you really have to want to quit, i totally understand that.
I really revved myself up for it for ages really and it wasn't till I got a bad chest infection that I really took control of the situation. The quit coach website helped me a lot before i quit, here's the link (I hope its allowed sorry to admins and mods if it isn't :) )

http://www.quitcoach.org.au/default.aspx

I just kept going in there and answering their questions and reading the information over and over again to make sure I knew what I was getting myself in for LOL, but it did help.

Take care don't be hard on yourself :)
[/url]
tamlee

Postby Susanne » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:29 pm

I wish you all the luck. For each pound/kilo I loose I just want to loose more, and more... i love it!
Susanne

Hi milo!

Postby fairyweighty » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:43 pm

Ive just given up too!I was really sick last week and was barely able to breathe...it scared me into finally doin what ive been saying i was goin to do for the last three years(though i have been smokin for 10)..though i was cutting down for my deadline of 20th september to quit but sickness interviened! :shock:

I haven't smoked in 8days and Ive bought myself an ipod and i go for a walk when the craving hits.I know its hard at lunch time but even walk around your building or something.A craving lasts three minutes so if you can busy yourself for that long then it will pass! :P

When you really need a ciggy wait an extra ten minutes n then have one!Keep trying to prolong the waiting time bump it up to 15/20 mins dont smoke until u REALLY have to...this way you will prob skip a few cravings and cut down further! :lol: :lol:

Your doing really well keep on at it! :wink:
fairyweighty

Postby tamlee » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:53 pm

Congrats fairyweighty hows it all going?
[/url]
tamlee

Previous

Return to Just Chatting