It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Stay at Home Mums and housework- what do you think?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Should stay at home Mums be responsible for all housework?

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes : 17

Postby chubba momma » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:07 pm

I am a full time stay at home mum and i do most of teh cleaning etc but we take turns cooking and he helps me out on the weekend. I see it as majority of my resposibility but it is great to have a hand once in a while to get on top of things.

My motto though is :be a mum first, clean the house later"
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby yummymummy » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:20 pm

I think hubby should be involved but I really do believe that if you have decided to be a SAHM then housework and general running of the house is a part of your role and whoever is staying at home with the kids and family should do the housework. When you do a bit each day it doesnt take that much time to do. I wouldnt want to work all week then have to clean all weekend that would suck.
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:37 pm

I have a friend who lives interstate, and her partner is in the Army. She doesnt work, but she also doesnt have kids, and she isnt studying, so mainly she's just lazy! She does nothing. He works a MASSIVE week, not only working 7-5 (physical work in the army) in the heat, he also does guard duty some nights, going out bush for weeks at a time, often works weekends and has to attend functions.. and HE still has to do all the cooking and cleaning! :shock: I think its disgusting! She gets out of bed at 11am, stays in her pyjamas, watches dvds all day, eats and wastes her days...when he gets home at night, he cleans up her mess from that day, cooks dinner, does washing, ironing, general cleaning, including mowing the lawn ect..I think its just wrong! SLACK SLACK SLACK! :roll:
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby yummymummy » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:55 pm

thats terrible, but, why is he doing it?? he should tell her to bugger off silly boy
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:20 pm

Playboy_bunny wrote:I have a friend who lives interstate, and her partner is in the Army. She doesnt work, but she also doesnt have kids, and she isnt studying, so mainly she's just lazy! She does nothing. He works a MASSIVE week, not only working 7-5 (physical work in the army) in the heat, he also does guard duty some nights, going out bush for weeks at a time, often works weekends and has to attend functions.. and HE still has to do all the cooking and cleaning! :shock: I think its disgusting! She gets out of bed at 11am, stays in her pyjamas, watches dvds all day, eats and wastes her days...when he gets home at night, he cleans up her mess from that day, cooks dinner, does washing, ironing, general cleaning, including mowing the lawn ect..I think its just wrong! SLACK SLACK SLACK! :roll:

he must really love her to put up with it!
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:58 pm

:roll: yeah the worst part is she treats him like cr*p (as in 'where the f*ck is my DINNER! She screeches it from the other room) and puts him down, calls him names and embarrasses him and stuff...I think he has low self esteem and thats why he is with her... but hey, what can u do? :shock: Its nuts anyway
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:48 pm

LOL and she is a friend of yours?!
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:26 pm

well...she was :roll: lol we went to school together (from kinder right through to end of high school) so we keep in touch, but we're not buddy buddy or anything anymore ;)
Playboy_bunny

Postby Chelle » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:57 pm

I have a friend just like that except she has 4 kids, her husband just had enough & has just resenlty just left here the other week because he hated the way she treat's him, he was only there becuase of the kids at the end.
Chelle

Previous

Return to Just Chatting