It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:18 pm

Free Newsletter

How do you stop the eating when your sad and stressed

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

How do you stop the eating when your sad and stressed

Postby yummymummy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:14 pm

So much is wearing me down at the mo, hubby is so mad at me and we are just not getting on, the car blew up and is costing us $4000 to fix, Im trying to get my son into a special language school for is speech delay and other probs and the assessment process is intence and I just wanna cry when we leave our sessions because he needs so much help and I feel useless. I know in the large sceme of things our probs arnt huge but Im just feeling so down about it all and Im not sure how to make it all better .
when Im down I want to eat and drink all the wrong things because Im over it all- so far Im doing OK on the eating front but Im terrified of regaining everything Ive lost.
Sorry for the crappy post I just needed to get some of this crap out of my head Im sick of pretending everything is OK with family and friends.
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby yummymummy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:15 pm

sorry my spelling is terrible!!
Jody

[/url]
yummymummy

Postby emma21 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:50 pm

Sorry to hear that you are having problems at home.

Its a hard thing to not turn to food when things go back. My only advice really would be to try and focus your attention on something else if you are finding yourself turning to food - just something to keep your hands busy and to keep your mind off food.

I hope things start looking up soon :)
emma21

Postby Ses » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:19 pm

Sometimes just getting out and walking can make a huge difference to my outlook when things seem to be piling up. I agree with Emma, you should find something to do - go clean the linen cupboard, or another such job that will have a positive end.

Hope you feel better soon ... (((HUGS)))
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:58 pm

hey jody

things are tough i agree. we have had nothing but poor luck for the past 4-5 months. my niece was ran over this week by a car, my car played up, micks car wont work again, we owe tax this year etc etc. it is tough i agree and sometimes it feels like everything builds up and you cant control anything. you seem to be doing really well with your eating mate, keep doing what you are doing and it will be the one thing in your life that you do have control over. chin up.
kate_turner2000

Postby Jannie » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:07 am

Hi Jody,

I'm afraid my reaction to stress is just the same as yours and I am trying to find other ways to deal with it. One of the things I have found helps me when I get very down is just to go for a walk in the fresh air - by myself is best, but I take the kids if necessary. Sometimes if I can just walk for a while, the sadness and fear becomes manageable.

Well done on your weight loss, you have achieved so much. I know how hard it is, but don't let things get on top of you.

Good wishes,
Jannie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBcrzqc/]
[/url]
Jannie

Postby vanessa0305 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:59 am

OH honey I know what you mean. I have two sons with problems, one with aspergers and the other with autism. To get them assessed was hell. So much testing, it really does wear you down all by itself, never mind if anything else is going one. I also blew my car up recently! But instead of fixing it we traded both cars for a nicer one and bought another tiny car. But 4 weeks stuck at home has really taken its toll on me.

Head up, tomorrow is another day...we just have to take a day at a time till the crisis is over!!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby shelbel » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:08 pm

Life seems to have a way of throwing it all at you at once hey! But without going through bad times, you'd never know what good times were. Sometimes its damn hard to pull yourself out of that hole. I cant really offer all that much to help with the emotional eating because im one of them, to be honest, i think i will always be, i just have to make what i do inbetween count!

Is there some way you could have a time out day for yourself?
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby yummymummy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:17 am

Im ususally a pretty positive person but Ive dug myself a big hole of pity at the moment which I need to get my shite together and get myself out of it. My eating over the weekend was riduculas lollies pizza and junk you name it I ate it! not a constructive way to deal with myself at all.
Riley has started wetting himself big-time after 2 years of being toilet trained, now Im starting to worry that me being a stress head is emotionally affecting him or there is something a little more sinister behind his leaky willy :?
Thanks for the advise girls I will try and take it onboard and stop feeling so damm sorry for myself
Jody

[/url]
yummymummy

Return to Just Chatting