It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:19 am

Free Newsletter

rant and rave about movies

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

rant and rave about movies

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:16 pm

as you all know, i went to the movies this morning to see harry potter and the OOTP

(it was really good, i found that they left a lot of parts out however i think that is ok because if they added everything then the movie would have gone on way too long)

i got a choc top so i felt good by that because i still got 'movie food' but it wasnt as bad as a large popcorn and coke. i didnt have breakfast and micks mum and dad came late so we didnt get to have a look around the shops for something to take in in regards to snacks.

anyway about 10 minutes into the harry potter movie this young couple came in and sat in the row behind us. they would have been about 19, 20 years old. and they were talking and laughing and stuff. both mick and i turned around at the same time and mick used a few choice words *cough cough* and i said 'can you shut up!' so they did after that. but i thought, wait a minute, we just paid $44 to come here and see a movie (including the popcorn drink and choc top) we come to the movies once a year if we are lucky and i am not going to have someone ruin it for the rest of us.

so we did our groceries afterwards and that was good :) then the shopping centre was packed so i told mick we would go to kfc on the way home and get some lunch

so we go through the drive through and i ordered 3 boneless chicken pieces and a regular chips. they told me it would be a 3-4 minute wait for the chicken or if not they will swap it for something else. i wanted the boneless cos its the only chicken pieces i eat at KFC. so they told me to wait in the car park and they would bring it out. meanwhile my light vanilla ice cream is melting in the boot because it was so hot and 20 minutes later we didnt have our food. so mick went in there. by the time he got to the counter they had served 3 other people boneless chicken and we hadnt got ours. when he told them they said it will be another wait because they were now out of boneless AGAIN. mick told them it wasnt good enough and that he wanted it now or wanted a refund. they ended up getting it for him then and there and upsized micks combo for nothing because of the hassle. as we were driving home ( our home is about 25 minutes from kfc) i got mick to pass me my chicken pieces. when i took it from him it was sloppy and i thought 'hmmm thats a bit strange' i take a bite and nearly vomited. the chicken was all pink in the middle and not cooked! so im going off my head in the car cos it was 3.45pm and all i had had was a choc top all day. so he passed me another piece to see if it was the same. this time it was decent so i ate it. it was firm, crispy and white in the middle. the third piece was exactly like the first. i was going off my head and i have since kept the chicken in my fridge and i have emailed kfc about it. i told them that if i dont receive a satisfactory explanation about why 1. we received such poor customer service and 2. why our chicken was the way it was and if i dont receive that explanation then i will be calling the health authorities and handing over the chicken for them to test (this is what my friend did about the cows hide in her meat pies). im not doing this for 'free food' from kfc id be happy with my money back from them. i didnt bother calling the store because they would tell me to take it back and with a 50 minute round trip i think thats a bit stupid.

so all in all i had one piece of boneless chicken, a regular chips and a choc top and half a fing bar (saved the other half for tomorrow)

heidi had a great time with micks mum and dad as they came to our house time mind her. they spent all day outside and since she was up since 6am this morning and went to bed at 6.30pm she was a very tired girl full of lots of treats!
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:51 pm

Glad you enjoyed Harry Potter, Kate :D

Ooh I hate people that don't shut up in the movies, it's sooo frustrating!

And as for KFC - ARGH!! How incredibly annoying! They have such bad service usually but that is just appalling! How disgusting that they served you undercooked chicken!!! Let us know if you get a reply from them. Yuck!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Chelle » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:26 pm

Just what you need you finally get some time with mick alone without heidi. I know what it is like as my familly use to live 5 hours away now 2 hours away so we never have any time away from the kids & it get's rouined by people & talking through the movie & to top it off KFC fcuked you up. Sorry to hear that, hope you get a reply from KFC that nasty service.
Chelle

Postby BrokenAngel » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:30 pm

OMG! I would still ring the store and tell them you weren't going to make another trip out there and see what they say! We went to red rooster not too long ago and got a family roast dinner and th vegies were still frozen!!! Grrr...

Other than that, glad to hear u had a good day(I liked the HP movie too, but was a bit annoye at some of the things that they changed).
BrokenAngel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:51 am

i received and automated response from jfc last night to say that they received my complaint and it would be addressed in 2-3 working days. this morning i got an email from a real person who said that it has been forwarded on to the area manager and a written response outlining the outcome will be sent to me within the week. ewwwww!! yucky raw chicken
kate_turner2000

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:54 am

ALSO!

here are my criticisms of the movie:

they didnt show the reason why percy weasley was not on his familys side anymore

they didnt show enough of bellatrix lestrange or tonks :P

i was more interested in the growing mistletoe above harry and chos heads instead of the actual kiss :P

they didnt show st mungos hospital when they got and visit mr weasley and they see professor lockhart and nevilles parents. nevilles parents are alive but it made it seem as though theyre not.

hmmm thats about it i think :P but as i said i know they had to leave a heap out due to time etc.
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:23 am

oh god Kate thats no good at all! :shock: Crappy service from fast food places sometimes isnt it? I got connor a happy meal yesterday and he HATES mustard, like it makes him physically sick, so I said to them I want a happy meal, with cheesburger (no mustard) and a diet coke...anyway, when we got it home I realised that he only got about 10 chips, the burger had mustard and the coke wasnt diet! :shock: SO irritating! I was the same as you though, it would take me at least 30 mins to get there and its just not worth it....so I svraped off the mustard, but he said he could still taste it so didnt eat it :roll: Im glad that you are doing something about it, imagine if the uncooked chicken had of gone to an elderly person or a child who could get seriously ill from it????
I HATE talking ppl at the movies too! :twisted: rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr so rude! Im glad u told them where to go though! ;) hehe
Im glad the movie was good in then end...it would have been nice to get away with mick for a bit :) Was the choc top deeelish?? :D
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:33 am

lol love your ticker gracie :)

the choc top was ok, better than the popcorn which has been sitting under a heating lamp for 5 days lol :shock:

yeah the chicken was so gross, and because i was eating and driving its lucky i just didnt eat it and be done with it because i wasnt looking at it but as soon as it felt it in my hand i thought 'oh oh this is wrong!' lol.

will keep you all updated as to what happens :)
kate_turner2000

Postby BrokenAngel » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:18 pm

I was annoyed that they left out the part where they were springcleaning Sirius' house and found the locket, that is a HUGE part of the rest of the story....

They should have made 2 movies out of the one book...or a 6hr long movie...I wouldn't have minded LOL.

I wonder if KFC expect u to hold onto that yucky chicken lol.
BrokenAngel

Postby loveat116 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:05 pm

I hate KFC with such a passion! The food is ALWAYS a dissapointment, which is good cause its one less take away place I have to worry about.

Choc Tops are good! I always crave them when I go to the movies!

And Harry Potter is awesome, but I was really disappointed in the fifth movie - the acting was appauling.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby loveat116 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:06 pm

BrokenAngel wrote:I was annoyed that they left out the part where they were springcleaning Sirius' house and found the locket, that is a HUGE part of the rest of the story....

They should have made 2 movies out of the one book...or a 6hr long movie...I wouldn't have minded LOL.

I wonder if KFC expect u to hold onto that yucky chicken lol.

Yeah I agree! 2 Movies would have been WAY better. I still think they should have made Harry Potter into an old school British mini series lol.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:13 pm

we have a friend who gets awful vomiting (and problems out the other end too) whenever he eats KFC. Dunno if it's actual food poisoning and he's just got a sensitive stomach, but he refuses to eat it. I've never been huge on it either.

I once had a raw chicken breast served at a restaurant. They were so apologetic and insisted I could order whatever I wanted, desserts, drinks anything. I wasn't hungry so I got the bloke a beer.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:25 pm

serving chicken they should be making sure its properly cooked. you can get away with raw-ish beef but you cant with chicken.

yeah i could have sat there happily for another 3 hours if they included more in the movie :) i was shocked they actually didnt show more of the cleaning up at sirius's house because that went on for awhile in that book and it is relevent further on down the track.

poor sirius :(
kate_turner2000

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:45 pm

does anyone know who i actually have to contact in regards to my kfc issue? ive emailed them again to say i still havent received any contact from them in regards to my complaint but i am trying to work out who i should contact about the chicken? who is in charge of cases like this? i cant get a hold of my friend who had the pie incident to ask her
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:04 pm

Your best bet is to ring KFC Head office & speak personally. If you cant find the phone number ring the store & ask them for the number. Or just keep sending a letter off to them & be a pain in the butt so they will eventually get the idea.
Chelle

Next

Return to Just Chatting