It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:08 am

Free Newsletter

I just want to scream!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

I just want to scream!!

Postby KarinAnn » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:40 pm

Okay im going to rave on here, but need to get it off my chest..

I spoke to my ex the other day, whom i haven't talked to in awhile. I was happy to talk to him as he was always a great person to laugh with and easy to talk to.
I told him about all the horrible things that has happened of late and he told me we should meet up just to catch up properly. This was a guy i was with for many many years. I concidered him a good friend even after we broke up.
But then yesteday i was out walking in the park. Mainly due to the fact that when i jumped on the scales last week i was 98.2 kgs.. More than i have ever been. Which of course anyone knows, when you get on the scales and they tell you, you are more than what you were before it's upsetting. Then while out walking i recieved a text message from him saying. "Don't wanna catch up, didn't realize how fat you have got". Which hurt more than anything. I broke down crying and didn't stop most the night.
But when i went to have a cry to my friend about it. I decided that i am now more determind to lose the weigh. Not for him, for me. But i bonus to rub it in his face when he see's me again and see's i have lost the weigh and don't care for him and his cruel words anymore.
Im almost convinced mean people know when your down so kick you down that bit more.

On a brighter note... My friend and i have decided to do a weekly weigh in. Every monday i go over there and we jump on the scales to see how we are going. Last weeks weigh in i was 98.2 and last monday i was 95.4.. So while i fell off the diet exercise wagon or awhile i am jumping back on with both feet. Gotta change my ticker to MORE weigh but hey i hope in no time i will be down past the 91kgs that i was a few months ago..

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:47 pm

oh karinann that is horrible for your ex to say- its horrible for anyone to say something like that. that has made me really cross and will definately help me with my workout im about to do in a few minutes! Image

well done to you though, you have taken your weight by the horns and you are doing something about it. i know you were sick there for a while with the flu and then you had some personal things happening at home, so i know its hard to be out of control of your eating and exercise. it seems to me like you are on the right track now and that your friend is helping you out with the weigh ins :) very motivating!

as for your ex, he can rot for all i care lol. you are beautiful inside and out and dont let someone like him- who is obviously trying to make himself feel better, bring you down. get out there and do it for yourself and also for all the other women and men out there that have been dissed in the past for what their appearance is like on the outside.

xoxoxImage
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:59 pm

I can sympathise with you - once when I was out walking a car load of young boys pulled up beside me and said "Now we know why the Titanic sank - because you were on it you fat b&#$^". People can be so horrible it annoys the shite out of me.

Use his comment as an incentive to lose your weight and show him exactly what he is missing out on.

We are here for you if you ever need to talk.

**HUGS**
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:08 pm

ahhh poo to him. I fart in his general direction, as Monty Python would have it.

You might be fat (now) but you can lose weight and he will always be an a**hole.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby shelbel » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:32 pm

I second everything Tegan just said! :D (love search for the holy grail BTW)
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Chelle » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:22 pm

What a absolute jerk KarinAnne, you don't need to hear that crap, I believe in Karma & deffinately bad luck will follow him around. When you loss the weight like sassygirl said throw it back in his face & he will regreat that he ever said that. You go girl. (Hug's)
Last edited by Chelle on Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chelle

Postby sassi » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:51 pm

i'm *almost* speechless & that's a bloody miracle. i cannot believe someone would say something like that? especially someone who you considered a friend (despite breaking up).

i agree with chelle - what goes around, comes around.

clearly his opinion is not worth taking any notice of. focus on all the positives in your life - sounds like you have a good weight loss buddy there as well :)

use it as an epiphany - don't let anyone ever make you feel like this again!
sassi

Postby milkyway » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:52 pm

Hey KarinAnn - you don't need people like that in your life. I feel pity for your ex that he has to use a cheap shot like that to feel better about himself in some small, petty way :(

Surround yourself with nice people who think you're gorgeous regardless of what the scales say - stick around this forum :P

You can do this!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:23 pm

Oh my dear lord.
You poor thing hun *Hugs*
That is absolutely HORRIBLE, what a total *#(&$!! I would seriously be hunting him down and chopping off a certain much-loved (by him) part of his anatomy!
How can some people be so cruel!?!?
zeedeveelgirl

Postby chubba momma » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:31 pm

zeedeveelgirl wrote:Oh my dear lord.
You poor thing hun *Hugs*
That is absolutely HORRIBLE, what a total *#(&$!! I would seriously be hunting him down and chopping off a certain much-loved (by him) part of his anatomy!
How can some people be so cruel!?!?

so agree with that!!

Big hugs.. i hope his comments make you stronger and fight harder ! What a #%^%$@#
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby KarinAnn » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:02 pm

Grr i hate when i go to post something and IE crashes

thanks for all the replies and kind words. It helps to know that people care. I just wish people would stop and think about how it feels when they get hurt by words before they open there mouths. I also believe in Kharma!!
I went for a walk on the treadmill today instead of going for a walk around the park. But decided that tomorrow i will walk around that park again. I won't care if he or anyone else see's me. I will walk with my head held high and know i am doing it for me to be happier and healthier. Ok and to giggle at my ex when i look great after i have lost all the weigh..

KarinAnn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:24 am

hey karinann love the new ticker!

also i reckon you look better than your ex already ;) dont worry about who see's you mate. its hard not to be self conscious i know because i am too but at least you are out there doing something about your weight :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:03 am

hey Kariann.....I am glad you are not letting this a$%hole get you down...sorry, but what a mongrel to say something like that....true friends don't treat you like mate......no wonder he is your "ex" husband!!

rant over......you hang in there mate and don't let anyone (including Mr Superficial) get you down......you lose that weight for you and you alone and then as you say have fun in rubbing in his nose later...that is just desserts!!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KarinAnn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:40 pm

Glad you like the new ticker kate.. I stole the idea off someone lol

KarinAnn

Postby Donk » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:16 pm

I bet you felt like replying back "And I didn't realise you'd become such a *#$&@(!" Wouldn't want to stoop to that level though.

Good on you for taking a positive spin on this, you may well look back on this moment as a big turning point in your life.
Donk

Next

Return to Just Chatting