It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:34 pm

Free Newsletter

Runner's

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Runner's

Postby Chelle » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:36 pm

What kind of running shoe's do you reccondmend??

I have a pair of nike's I bought 6 month's ago they only lasted just under 2 month's before they broke, but I didn't want to go out & buy a new pair because I only had they for a short time. So I keep wearing them. Both shoes have come apart from the front & back (I have superglued they together but have come apart again) & the laces have given way two day's ago. I go to the gym alot with running & do alot of push-up's so I need a pair that can handel alot of pressure I gather from the amount of exercise I do throughout most week's. I've never had a pair that lasted not long, the last pair I had was newbalance they lasted 11 month's & the time before that I hadley exercised so 4 years.
Chelle

Postby milkyway » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:01 pm

I use Asics and they seem to last forever! Other good running brands includes New Balance (and seems like you've already had a good experience with those) and Brooks. Asics really suit my feet.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:04 pm

Aiscs are good. Remember though if you do get specific running shoes they are not designed to last a long time (they're supposed to be replaced regularly apparently). Cross trainers last longer and are good if you do a range of different exercise, but they are heavier, so if your primary exercise is jogging, you will probably want to stick with the runners.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Ses » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:18 pm

Many runners advocate changing shoes every 2 months, and buy the best shoes you can afford.......

I am using a pair of asics, that I try to use only for jogging, and have had them for about 12 months. I would guesstimate that they have travelled over 500 km so far, and are probably due for replacement, but while they are still comfy they will do.
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

Postby milkyway » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:01 pm

It's not how old the shoes are but how many kms they've done. If you're only running or walking 20km per week, you won't need to replace them every 2 months. 800km is a good effort in running shoes and they can be lovingly retired after then, but I have done waaay more kms in than that in my last pair of Asics (walking, not so much running).
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:11 pm

I have 3 pair each for different use.

Running - I have Adidas supernova control. They are so light weight. Especially designed for running. When I run longer than 5K's my feet swell and I find that my big toe stubs I was advised to go up a size and wear thicker socks which has worked a treat.

Aerobics - I have Adidas again, but with the spring (can't remember the name)- it helps with all the jumping about but a lot of people I know say they are shite. I think it's more the look that I like and they are very comfy.

Other gym - I have Nike running. I find that the sole wears out quickly and you need a good grip when doing weights. THese used to be my old running shoes...I don't really like them though, I've had them for 5 months and already they are needing replacement.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Chelle » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:51 pm

I'm going tomorrow to go & buy some shoes there is a big sale on, so hopefully I get a good buy. Thank's girl's for your imput I think I will be looking for Asics or New Balance.
Chelle

Postby Roar2Life » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:01 pm

I'll second Asics, they're a great brand. My only irk (is that a word) with them is that the sole on mine is badly worn. The colour of my soles is orange and in some places i've completely worn through the orange. I've had them about 7 months and they have been used for school, running and the gym so I guess they've done pretty well.

My asics would have to be the most comfortable pair of joggers I have ever worn. Just a warning though-they're not very good in the rain! Very, Very wet feet. :lol:
In a world full of people only some want to fly...
Roar2Life

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:25 pm

I have:
- 1 pair crappy New Balance (only crappy cause they're old) which I wear for cycling - when they finally kick the proverbial bucket I will get proper cycling shoes
- 1 pair court shoes which I got for badminton but since I don't play that anymore (too far to travel so with cycling I don't have time) they are relegated to skipping shoes
- 1 pair runners (that need a wash just now) that have not had much wear despite being probably 2 years old, they will probably get a replace about a fortnight from the Burnie 10.
- 1 pair walking shoes that could be mistaken for work shoes, but as soooooo comfy
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Chelle » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:14 pm

I ended up buying Asics X trainer grabbed a bargain they were $150 but I ened up getting them for under $100 :D :D
Chelle

Postby milkyway » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:43 pm

Good score Chelle :)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:59 pm

did you grab me a pair whilst you were there? i cant even afford a kmart pair of joggers :( lol
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:52 am

Thank's Sandra

Sorry Kate I didn't but next time i will think of you
Chelle

Return to Just Chatting