It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Free Newsletter

What would you do if you had time?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

What would you do if you had time?

Postby milkyway » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:49 pm

My new motto is 'just keep moving' but unfortunately, I seem to have fallen flat on my face this past week.

I've been working really hard since Jan and I'm now in a position where I only have about 5-10% of my usual workload to do and I'm winding down to when we go on holidays in 9 days ... so you'd think with all this time on my hands, I'd being doing so much other stuff - fun stuff, exercise, working on my novel in progress, shopping, catching up with friends etc.

But instead, I can't be bothered doing ANYTHING and if I do something as simple as going to the bank, I give myself a huge pat on the back, like I've done a really good job :shock:

I'm watching DVDs until all hours of the morning, sleeping late and not getting moving until mid afternoon.

It's a bit of a pattern of mine... I work at 150% or I do nothing. I wish I could find the balance in between and be more productive in down time, but it's like once I stop, I find it sooo hard to find the motivation to build momentum again.

So inspire me with my next week off ... what would you do with the unexpected gift of a day or even a few hours for yourself?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:02 pm

its unheard of in my household that i get time to myself. i usually have a 20 month old watching me when i duck to the loo! lol

i try and have bubble baths. i love them. i found that once i went on maternity leave and was 38 weeks pregnant and then heidi didnt come til i was over 42 weeks pregnant so i had 4 weeks at home and i had lots of baths, did heaps of yoga and meditation, watched dvds, slept, cleaned, walked, caught up with friends and family... ate food... ate more food... and drank lots of milk (damn heartburn)

go with the flow san and enjoy the time you have mate.
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:33 pm

Oh time off!!! If I had a week...

day 1 - sleep in till 10ish then get up and potter round house. Probably wander round garden and do some gardening and read

day 2 - go for a walk somewhere nice for a few hours, go out shopping.

day 3 - time to get out of the house, if the bloke is off too maybe go camping for a few days!! or if not spend the next few days doing stuff that needs doing - painting house, building fences etc.

day 5 - time to spend the next 2 days relaxing again. get some early nights and get up early. Potter in the garden, read some more. go walking

day 7 - I'd be itching to get back into it by now, probably would have at least gone for 3 rides in the past week if I hadn't been away and doing other active stuff. Prepare to return to work.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:51 pm

Gosh - I wouldn't know what to do with myself :!:

I've actually taken the rest of the afternoon off so I can catch up on some worky without interruptions, plus I wasn't feeling very social and didn't feel like attending social hour with the rest of my colleagues (I know party pooper....but I'll see them tomorrow night)

If I had time to chill I would go out and about, in the next couple of months I'm going to buy an investment property so I've been scouting the papers- so house hunting would be at the very forefront on my to do list.

In November I'll have to lie down, rest and take it easy. I won't be able to do any sort of physical activity whatsoever, even drive a car :shock: because of my surgery. So I'm planning on catching up on my reading. I'm actually going to read the Harry Potter Books. I've never read any of them and have only seen the 3rd movie (my friend was getting very annoyed with me cos my ex was constantly messaging me and I was always asking her questions lol) and I'll watch the movies too.

Sandra you've been working so hard, on top of that you were doing full-time uni :!: Hun I say enjoy your lazy week off and as soon as your back you'll have more projects and will be busy, busy, busy.

Don't feel bad, enjoy :D :D

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby corolla_chick » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:35 pm

im the same!! if i have a day off, i tend to be a bit lazy. ive got holidays in a few weeks, so i have started to make a list of things i want to get done in my time off. some outside jobs, inside jobs and i included exercise on my list!!
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby shelbel » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:55 pm

Im lucky enough to get days off quite regulary and im abit of a mixed bag, somedays i wont/cant be bothered doing anything. Even showering can seem like a chore! But then on other days im in a frenzy and catch up on housework, and cook dinners to freeze, clean out cupboards, etc, blah blah.

I think you should just go with your mood, if want to rest, then do it! Afterall those DVDs arent going to watch themselves!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Susanne » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:19 pm

I would either relax on a spa or sleep for a whole week! :D
Susanne

Postby yummymummy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:26 pm

:arrow: read a book
:arrow: walk, walk and walk
:arrow: do some gardening
:arrow: watch a movie(at the movies)
:arrow: go to the beach
:D
Jody