It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:19 am

Free Newsletter

Finally on the move

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Finally on the move

Postby Chelle » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:03 am

As most of you know I have to move rental house in 6 1/2 week's time before our lease runs out. I applied for one house in a different area, 2 weeks ago I didn't hear back so I thought that I didn't get it as I keep ringing & they said they can't get in touch with the landlord. I recieved a phone call 6 in the afternoon on friday of the real estate saying that I have been accepted so finally I know what I'm doing & I can start packing. I save money too practiclly a brand new a 4 bedroom house with en-suite. Compared to where I live now in a 3 bed for $10 less. I just cant believe it took so long for a replie.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:07 am

wow what luck you have chelle. now you have to pack all over again though which sucks but once you are settled in hopefully you are there for awhile :) what suburb will you be moving to?
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:11 am

Congrats Chelle.....it may have taken a long response time, but at least it was a great outcome for you!! It is always good to find somewhere that is cheaper, but suits your needs more..Happy packing/unpacking....that is the worst bit, but you will soon be settled in.

Rents up here are jolly ridiculous....they charge $220 a week for a crappy house that you can spit in the next door neighbours window!! The rental market has just exploded up here and people really struggle even on reasonable incomes....If we wanted to move from where we are we would be paying anywhere from $290 per week and up!! It is crazy!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby milkyway » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:22 am

Phew! I'm so glad to hear that's been sorted out for you - I know how stressful it is to move (I tend to do it almost annually :roll: ) but with kids, it's gotta be sooo much harder. All the best with your preparation!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Chelle » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:16 pm

Thank's it is hard with the kids, but hopefully mum can come up to mind them or I can get the removelist to move on the friday when the kids are at school so they arn't in the way & I don't have to keep my eye on them. I'm going to be paying $280 a week saving of $520 a year perfect the extra money can go on top of the home loan money that I got back from selling my house in Port Macquarie.

Kate i'm moving to Rayond Terrace, which is a pitty I really wanted to stay in Thornton, dosen't matter it done now.

I hate packing I only moved here 4 1/2 month's ago. :(
Chelle

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:21 pm

congrats on the move . I hate packing too but its getting reorganised that the hard bit specially with kids
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Chelle » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:15 pm

It alway's happen when we move, the dog need to go vet that end's up being a lot of money. Sandra I think you jink's me lol. It cost $360 so far today have to go back next week to find out the verdict from her blood test that had to be taken from her chest, so she has a shaven chest. Plus get more tablet's & what ever else that need to be done. They seem to think it could be diabeties or to do with her kidney's who know's. Plus she has an infection under her armpit that has turned green so she's on antibiotics for that.

So next week's going to be busy in between braydon's birthday moving & taking zoe to the vet.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:23 pm

far out! hope everything turns out ok chelle, what a busy week!
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:39 pm

Thankyou I will let you know how it all goes
Chelle

Postby Chelle » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:57 am

Getting closer now to the move, thursday arvo we pick up the key's to the house, I can't remember what it look's like it has been 4 week's since I viewed the place. Found out yesterday that optus dosen't do broardband where i'm moving to. So i'm going to have withdraweral's from the internet & this site. Which suck's it is probly going to take 1 - 2 week's before I find a different broadband company & get it up & running again. And I wont find out who were the lucky 5 who won the compertition either :(

Bloody Dog
Zoe blood test & blood count come back fine, medication seem to healing her armpit & helping her chest/neck where they had to shave her to take her blood test. Most likely have to take her back to get more antibiotics to fix the other problem with her.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:45 am

glad to hear zoe is getting better chelle, thats one less thing you have to worry about during your move. wow the move has come around really quick. when do you have to be out of your current house by? when we moved to our new place from our old one we are within 5kms of the old house and we checked with telstra that we could get broadband here before we moved and they said yes and when we moved it wouldnt work! they lied!! so we were stuck on dial up for a few months and telstra charged us for 'breaking the contract' when in fact they broke it their end. we refused to pay it and in the end they got telstra to come out and hook up broadband to our street hehe. once micks mobile plan is paid off we are taking all our business to another service provider~!
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:03 am

Till Monday, i'm getting the carpet's cleaned & pest done on the day.

Lucky I'm not in any contact with optus i been with the company for 3 - 4 year's. I have changed phone company because optus changed there plan's without telling you so I wasn't happy at the begining of the year, but I couldn't changed broardband company I tried to but it wouldn't work where I live, so I just stayed with optus. But was going to change broardband company anyway but it's the fact of not knowing how long I can get it connected again & hopefully I can get the same phone company with broardband.

I Hate telstra, they keep trying to ring me to go back with them when I changed from telstra to optus I saved $70 - $100 on my phone bill. I will never go back with them again even though they claimed that they have changed there pricing & it will never be that high again. I don't trust them. But I'm afraid I might have to go with them when it comes to broardband.
Chelle

Return to Just Chatting