It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Joey John's

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Joey John's

Postby Chelle » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:51 pm

What is your out take to Andrew taking drug's??

I was a bit shocked I knew of his drinking & depression through sport & his marriage break-up, but I didn't know about the drug's. I don't think it is right, it wrong for the game & it is wrong as a role model to children to look up to to find out that there idol has been taken drug's. but I do give him credit for speaking the truth.
I'm no angel myself I can confess I have taken drug's when I was younger a few times, but that was a long long time ago, when I was in High School +.

Actually a couple of week's ago warren was at work & they were talking about drug's as living near newcastle one of the guy's there said that there friend is Joey's drug dealer & he has been taking drug's for year's. Everyone thought that he was lying. As soon as it come across the tv he turned around to everyone said see I was telling the truth.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:00 am

being a relative of joey via mick, it was all kept hush hush due to the fact that he has heaps of fans- a lot of kids look up to him and it would tarnish his reputation. everyone in nrl knew about it and his own family, there are a lot of people like him that do take drugs and get away with it. i like how on the news they said 'at least he is facing up to it and admitting it' the only reason he had to come forward about it was because he was caught! and to say that the tablet was put in his pocket in london without his knowledge made me laugh. a lot of it has to do with the pressure he was under to perform at a certain level during his games- especially home games where the novacastrians are very 'knights happy' and if they lost a lot of the times they would get boo'ed by their own supporters. however as i said to mick, no one is forced to take recreational drugs, it is a persons decision alone and they should suffer the consequences of their actions. however, i still believe he is an excellent player, they should just leave him alone and let him get the help he needs :) thats just my opinion on it all :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:37 pm

Exacetley, well said
Chelle

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:39 pm

i think that they do have heaps of pressure put on them and it must be hard to keep the happy face on all the time
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Maraver » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:15 am

Well look how much help they gave the guys from West Coast Eagles, wasn't Cousins his name and he has been accepted back.

There is drug use in most sports and I think its swept under the carpet at times.

Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Jisgone » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:33 pm

yeh the eagles spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on ben's rehab, but one of the condition of his return to the club was he had to reimburse the club, he always has to have regular drug tests now too
it must be hard tho, growing up in the spot light and not being able to make all the mistakes normal teenagers do
Jisgone

Postby JL77 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:33 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:being a relative of joey via mick, it was all kept hush hush due to the fact that he has heaps of fans- a lot of kids look up to him and it would tarnish his reputation. everyone in nrl knew about it and his own family, there are a lot of people like him that do take drugs and get away with it. i like how on the news they said 'at least he is facing up to it and admitting it' the only reason he had to come forward about it was because he was caught! and to say that the tablet was put in his pocket in london without his knowledge made me laugh. a lot of it has to do with the pressure he was under to perform at a certain level during his games- especially home games where the novacastrians are very 'knights happy' and if they lost a lot of the times they would get boo'ed by their own supporters. however as i said to mick, no one is forced to take recreational drugs, it is a persons decision alone and they should suffer the consequences of their actions. however, i still believe he is an excellent player, they should just leave him alone and let him get the help he needs :) thats just my opinion on it all :)

How are you realted. I mean a mad fan of joey
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:37 pm

he is my mother in laws cousins husbands nephew - not blood relation just marriage relation.
kate_turner2000

Return to Just Chatting