It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Chasere War on Everything

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Chasere War on Everything

Postby Fireball » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:51 pm

What do you think of the stunt by the folks from Chasers War on Everything? I love the crazy dudes. :twisted:

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:30 am

its funny in a way but i think its really immature and dangerous when it comes to snipers being around the city and everything. the thing they did the kevin krudd was funny with the strippers haha
kate_turner2000

Postby lng86 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:01 am

They thought they wouldn't be allowed in... So the prank wasn't meant to go as far as it did. However, the police waved them through... So they kept going. Supposedly when they realised where they were, they stopped... and Osama presented himself! It's very strange to know the $160US million has been spent on security at APEC and look what just happened!!!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby HappyBella55 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Lauren don't you mean O-pec (LOL :lol: :lol: ). Stupid Goerge W Bush and his Bushisms :lol:

I think it highlights the wasted resources spent.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby lng86 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:25 pm

HappyBella55 wrote:Lauren don't you mean O-pec (LOL :lol: :lol: )

Hahahahaha

That's an awful lot of money to waste! I wish it was spent more wisely. Being from Sydney, driving around has been a nightmare. George Bush was actually 2 minutes away from me the other day going on a bike ride - they closed one of the main streets because of it!!!!!! And one access to the Harbour Bridge has been closed since Thursday... Was so difficult to get home from dropping Jye off at the airport. Took me over an hour - cos I had no idea where to go! Forgive my ranting... I'll stop!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby HappyBella55 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:14 pm

You can rant I don't mind :D

I can't believe they have to shut a whole city down. It's a bit of over kill I think.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby JL77 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:12 pm

I think it is pretty funny, but I got to say it doesnt say much for our security :shock:
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:04 pm

i thought it was funny they spend heaps on security and a TV show breaks them lol
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Fireball » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:01 am

I'm still laughing :lol: I do feel sorry for people who live in Sydney. Mind you I do think APEC is a great idea - just not impressed how they managed the money they spent. :lol: :twisted:

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:45 am

I thought it was just stupid...I agree with Kate, its dumb when they had snipers around! :shock: I thought it was funny that they got caught though ;) hahaha
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Fireball » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:48 pm

I'm still laughing...

I think the comments about the snipers were extreme comments made by embarrassed security. If there was any doubt, security couldnt just open fire on them, after all what if it was the Canadian leader or silly tv people playing a prank? They cant take that chance! The Chaser team were not being evasive, resisting arrest or doing anything other than their presence in that zone. They made it plain that they were from Chaser's war - it was written on their car etc. And as we now know they realise they made a misjudgement as they didn't expect to be let in.

Armed security staff in that high level secure environment are well trained and able to make competent decisions about when to use their weapons as they are trained to "shoot to kill". If they are careless with who they may shoot they should have their weapons removed as they are either undertrained or not suited to the role.

In reality the security in that area did, on realising the error, which was not their fault but a hole in the system, apparently respectfuly and sensibly dealt with the situation which is what we would expect from our trained professionals - a credit to them how well they did respond. And may I add a reason that such a classy stunt can be pulled off in Australia because you are unlikely to be shot. The fact that they could get through the security cordon was a great warning to the security people - instead of being annoyed they should just be grateful that it wasn't a genuine security threat or there would have been a real problem - they got through!

So lighten up and enjoy the silly prank!

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:21 am

I agree. The only reason they were at risk of being shot (which really is a bit of an exaggeration given that the chaser boys wouldn't have been aggressive or resisted once in or confronted - and weren't) was because the security people let them through in the first place. They didn't charge the gates or drive up in a tank or anything. They just drove up and were waved through. I wouldn't mind betting that someone at the gate knew who they were and knew they wouldn't be any real trouble so let them through to see what sort of prank they intended.

The only reason people are het up about it is that it showed up the people on the gate for letting them through. If you can't manage to get the people on the gate to know who's on the invite list for 160 mil then you're in a bit of poo.

But that's just my opinion. They are definitely a show with the intention of pushing boundaries though.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Just Chatting