It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:28 am

Free Newsletter

Where will you be?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Where will you be?

Postby Bread-Monster » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:28 pm

Hey guys, where do you picture yourselves in 10 years time? I have three predictions, one for if I did everything right, and one for if I carried on the way I am now and one for if eveyrthing went wrong.

Prediction 1: The ideal condition.

Will not only do extremely well at university, but will attain honours in engineering as well as science, may even go on to a PHD. Move to Japan or Germany to complete PHD. Return to Australia, fit, healthy and a Doctorate, change corps into RAEME and do a promotional course to be a captain. All of this by the time I'm 30. I should be married by 27 and be a full bonafide engineer.

Prediction 2: The steady state condition.

Will pass everything at university and go off to join the engineering work force at 23. No honours, no PhD. Get married at 25. Be pregnent at 27 and will be a stay at home mum. Glamorous.

Prediction 3: The worst case scenerio

Fail everything. Lose boyfriend. Return to England to spend the rest of my miserable existance working in a take away shop somewhere where I shall gain 150kg and die from an obesity related illness by the age of 30.

You know what...I think I'll go and study for the next 10 hours... :lol:
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby electrongirl » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:37 pm

Prediction 1:

Be 41, have 2 more kids. Be still living in Australia but visiting my hubbys family every year or so in the US. Probably still working part time at least.

Prediction 2:

Be living in the US if hubby gets his way. No idea what life would be like if we do. Probably also have more kids.

I really have no idea........ I do know I want a baby soon!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:53 pm

i have no idea. im just going with the flow :) in 10 years though ill be sending my girl off to high school! argh!
kate_turner2000

Postby shelbel » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:05 pm

Im with you on this Kate, i float along and take whatever life throws at me, its been pretty good to me so far! LOL

Life has a way of not turning out the way you plan, so i live in the now, save money for a rainy day and enjoy the time i have on earth!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby lng86 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:10 pm

'In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes' - Benjamin Franklin... But hopefully I will be married with children! As long as I am happy... who cares!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Bread-Monster » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:55 pm

The fear of prediction 3 coming true has spurred me on to finish this crappy math assignment...now...for the other 600 bajillion assignments. :evil:

I wouldn't mind going with the flow so much if I knew that life had my best interest in mind but I've recently noticed that if I don't keep it in check, it veers off in to horrible directions.

I do NOT want to die weighing in at 200kg. :cry:
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

Bread-Monster

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:48 pm

I don't know where I'll be in ten years time. I don't want to plan that far ahead.

I'm in my last semester of a 5 year uni course and applying for jobs so I'm focusing on finding a job and the rest will fall into place.

I do know that I want to be happy in ever area of my life :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby oostevens » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:14 pm

In 10yrs I hope to have:

Travelled Europe (for a month) having a white chrissie :)

Had 2 kids

Recorded something musically

Moved to the sunny coast

Bought a place

Maybe have our own business (hubby and i)

ummm at the moment, thats all i got
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Bread-Monster » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:27 pm

Those are admirable dreams, Rachel. Mind you, though, last year we had a white chrissy in victoria but not in England. It was scary...snow...in the middle of summer...what is it with this climate? :?

What kind of business are you hoping to set up?
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

Bread-Monster

Postby oostevens » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:31 pm

not sure really, my husband is very smart in the area of IT and web/programming, he is also quite a musician and has many bright ideas about well everything.

so its up to him really :p
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Bread-Monster » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:39 pm

Really? My boyfriend's an IT/web guy as well. He's also a talented artist and one of his great uncles was Arthur Boyd (not sure how many people have heard of him). Not bad for someone who never went to uni or even finish high school.

I've always wanted to start my own business. Wanted to design and produce medical diagnostic tools...but now I've decided that I quite like cars so I'm torn. :(
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

Bread-Monster

Postby Ally » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:07 am

I am with the majority.....what ever happens will happen.....however in 10 years time I will be 43 and my wonderful hubby will be 45, my children will have all finished school (22, 20, 2 x 18 year olds :o ) we will be free of debt, I will be working in a school somewhere in Rockhampton and will by then hopefully be looking at some long service leave!! :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby yummymummy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:23 pm

In 10 years I will have a 21, 17 and 14 year old EEEK! and I willbe on the way to being morgage free. I will be a midwife. I will be taking more overseas holidays-something Im missing at the moment :D
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby BusyMum » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:58 pm

I dont even know where I will be in 10 days lol. I will be another year older though - it is my birthday on saturday and I will be 22. :D
Angela.
Mum to 2 girls, 22months, and 6 months.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiWIiQF/]
BusyMum

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:21 pm

yay happy birthday angela!!
kate_turner2000

Return to Just Chatting