It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:46 am

Free Newsletter

New Lives

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

New Lives

Postby shelbel » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:11 am

My boy and i were talking tonight and its being a long burning desire to move else where and see more of what this country has to offer. So im putting a question to you all, where is a good place to move to? We want to get rid of the mortgage so would have 150000 to spend on a house/apartment to be rent free. The places on top of our list are:
:arrow: Coober Pedy, yes i know, the novelty would probably soon wear off!
:arrow: Darwin, tho i dont know if i could stand the heat!
:arrow: Queensland, anywhere in queensland actually!

Or pretty much anywhere that is warm! LOL

It might just be a pipe dream, but your suggestions would be helpful! :D Here is the chance to talk up your state!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:42 am

i really want to end up in queensland eventually so i should talk up that state haha. i just found queensland to be such a clean place! i love the laid back attitude, the weather and the different places you can go. its like having a holiday lifestyle for the rest of your life :)
kate_turner2000

Postby oostevens » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:33 am

i live in queensland :) and its great :)

only prob is the water restrictions, but qld aint the only place that has it hehe

yeah its nice, sunny, and not too moody in the area of weather :)

i love queensland :)

and if you ever travel up north, and actually drive up there, the outback is amazing!

so beautiful

thats my wrap.

queensland, the sunshine state
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Ally » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:03 am

Water restrictions??? well I guess that is where you live in Queensland depends on your water restrictions....Central Queensland is a great place to live (contrary to popular belief there is actually life above the south east corner of queensland!! LOL) We have NO water restrictions here!! It is plenty HOT enough in summer and our winters are reasonable mild, house prices in Rockhampton are crap though, you will be lucky to pick up a house for reasonable dollars thanks to the mines! (honestly they think that because the miners have money, we all should :roll: ) but there are still a few around.....If you are looking for a complete change though try north of us again and hit places like Mackay, Townsville, and Cairns....there are heaps of small towns in between that are lovely too and really friendly.....

I have lived in Queensland all my life and have no intentions of living anywhere else in Australia....not that I have anything against the rest of our country, I just love where we live!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby oostevens » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:46 am

well there are water restrictions in brisbane and surrounding suburbs, sunshine coast (but not as bad there) um, chinchilla has low water i believe ha ha

if u got a tank then its all good :p

we cant wash our cars anymore....i am just north of brisbane
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby loveat116 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:24 am

Tasmania!

hehe. No water restrictions!

I would like to move from 25-50, then come back here to retire or maybe even raise kids. I would love to live in Queensland.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby tamlee » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:25 am

Move to FNQ never worry about water problems LOL beautiful weather, awesome sights!
But on the flip side, cyclones, floods, bad roads, lacking infrastructure hehe! I wouldn't live anywhere else though :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlFCALM/]
[/url]
tamlee

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:51 am

we have level 4 water restrictions on the central coast NSW, we are getting a desalination plant to help
kate_turner2000

Postby oostevens » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:17 pm

we might steal water :p ha ha ha stupid government and water and crap
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:20 pm

How about Perth?????
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby yummymummy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:24 pm

If I was to leave Perth I would go to tassie :D
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby shelbel » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:41 pm

Perth is ok and i do like it here, but we've been so restless since we got back from our holiday we want to do something more. The discussion is progressing to maybe buying a B&B or a small caravan park somewhere. Or maybe buying a cheap 1 bedroom flat in Ballarat (my hometown) Then buying a campervan and travelling some more. I dont know, we might move to queensland yet! LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:38 pm

opps sorry daft me - you already live in Perth (still getting over weekend away!!)
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby lng86 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:35 pm

Sydney! :wink:
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:06 pm

I love Tassie. Peace, quiet. If you don't like hustle and bustle and think the best day out involves seeing some speccy natural sights on a bushwalk with a packed lunch breathing relatively clean air rather than being able to go shopping for jeans at 3am and hustling to the mall so you can be in an airconditioned place, or stay in a ritzy hotel with a poolside cocktail bar and stuck up waiter or something, then this is a great place to be. Not to mention that our traffic jams consist of traveling just below 20kph for 5 min on your 20 min commute in the capital city - which by the way is only 20 min from a mountain top which has snow in the winter and beautiful national park. A mountain we have speccy views of in a 3br house on a medium-large block for which we paid $162, 000.

Oh, and we have targa and the most awesome roads for car people - with great air for turbochargers.

However, it's you northern islanders who are responsible for driving our housing prices (and consequently rates) up, so I'll just say it's a crappy place to live, you wouldn't want to move here, not ever, na uh. :wink: 8) :P
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Next

Return to Just Chatting