It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Free Newsletter

New Lives

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Bread-Monster » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:22 pm

Come down to Victoria where you can experience the heat of the Sahara, the biting winds of Antarctica, the torrential rainfall of the amazon and any other crazy temperamental climate from around the world all in one day. :lol: Hey, infact, you don't have to go far to find yourself in Italy, Greece, China, India or even Africa! Hurray for diversity.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby shelbel » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:32 pm

I used to live in victoria so i know exactly what the weather can be like! You need to pack your wardrobe everyday to be prepared for snow and heat stroke in the space of an hour! LOL Ok so maybe thats a bit dramatic.

Coober Pedy is now off the list because the boy just remembered there is no maccas or KFC there, bless him!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby BusyMum » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:49 am

lol at the KFC and Maccas.

DP and I have moved around quiet a bit in the last few years. It has had its toll on our finances. But I wouldnt have had it any other way! We have got to experience different walks of life and it has been great.

When we met, I lived in Brisbane, and he lived on the Gold Coast, so it wasnt long before I moved in with him down there, and we lived at Mudgeeraba. It was a nice peaceful place - and not too far from the hustle and bustle of the big city if that is what you like.

After that we moved to Mackay. I really liked Mackay. It definately has warm weather but also gets the torrential rain thing that someone mentioned earlier. DP didnt like it too much though, and I dont think he would like to go back. We found the weather to be really humid and the rain to just come from no where and stay for a week or so at a time.

We moved from there, to Devonport in Tasmania and we LOVED it there!! (I think we will move back there one day). The people are freindly, the lifestyle is laid-back and it is was really a carefree place. We like the cold though. So if you are after somewhere warm, then that probably isnt the option lol. House prices arent too bad down that way though I do beleive.

We moved back to the Gold Coast after that. Oxenford to be precise. It was a very busy place and has only gotten worse since we left. If you like the city life though, its a great place. Warm and there are plenty of KFC's and Maccas :lol:

Next we moved back to my home town that I will of course talk up cause I love it :D Tannum Sands. It is a little coastal town just outside of Gladstone. I beleive housing prices are through the roof at the moment due to the boom that is going on here. But is always beautiful weather- warm in summer but not too humid, and not too cold in winter. It has an award winning esplanade at the beach and it always growing. The people are freindly and it is a very relaxed place. I dont really have a bad thing to say about it lol.

We then moved to Rockhampton after that. WAY too humid for us in summer. And it is absolutely freezing in winter. It is also a very old town and not set out very well in my opinion. Not too sure about housing prices there but it is VERY difficult to get a rental there. I do know that much!!

And last but not least, we came back to Gladstone. We like it here. Not too busy. But not too quiet. There is everything you need, weather is nice. People are freindly. And there are always jobs around. There is however a HUGE boom going on here with new industry about to start. So the price of houses is rediculous and they get snapped up in a flash. The house across the street from us went up for sale and was sold within 2 weeks just last month. And alot of places dont even stay on the market that long at the moment.

But I hope that has given you some things to think about and good luck. I think it is great to get out of the same town and see the world. :D
Angela.
Mum to 2 girls, 22months, and 6 months.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiWIiQF/]
BusyMum

Postby shelbel » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:42 pm

Hey thanks for all that info BusyMum, it was very helpful and certainly has given me some things to think about! I was doing some research last night and Mackay did strike my interest, so did Airlie Beach. But much more research is needed!

I agree with the getting out there and seeing the world, its part of the reason i want to move again, and its best to do it now while we are younger and have less ties.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Previous

Return to Just Chatting