It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:08 am

Free Newsletter

Gosh it had to happen!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Gosh it had to happen!

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:09 pm

I have just had one of those moments where you realise 'yep, I really have to get on top of this weight loss thing...' One of mum's friends who I havent seen in about 3 years came over for a cuppa before, and said oh my gosh, you are just glowing, and you are about to burst! Musn't be too far from your due date now????' :shock: hmmmm lol poor lady, totally innocent comment, and she felt horrible and was beetroot red when I told her, no, I am just fat.... :shock: SO this has made me REALLY re evaluate my situation...I need to really pull my finger out and get on with this job...cos thinking about it, I am the size I was at about 8 months pregnant! :shock: So, I was wondering, what was your 'lightbulb' moment that made you realise that you needed to lose the weight?

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:21 pm

Some people just don't THINK before they open their big fat traps.
Sorry, I'm in a really aggro mood for some reason and people like that just, argh.
I'm sorry you had to go through that :(

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:33 pm

oh gracie isnt that the most embarrassing thing ever! when i was working before i even met mick i had a boy at preschool ask me if there was a baby in there lol. needless to say i avoided the kid the whole time after that! there are heaps of situations where people ask if you are due and you arent even pregnant these days i reckon. if i thought someone was pregnant i wouldnt come out and say it id say something like 'so do you reckon you and hubby will have anymore kids in the future?' my current next door neighbour i saw around town a few times before she moved in (small town) and she is a large girl. when she moved in she had a newborn with her! i said to mick 'i didnt even realise she was pregnant!' lol because she was just so big i didnt realise until one day she has this baby.

my lightbulb moment was looking at my 21st birthday dinner pictures (in my before and after photo section you will see them where im cutting the cake). i sat and had a think about things and what i ate and the lack of exercise i really do and thought 'i need to do something about this NOW not tomorrow or the end of the week, RIGHT NOW' so i did :) recently when i put on some weight again i could tell in myself that i had slipped and really needed to get back on the wagon. it didnt take much convincing because i vowed never to go back to 91kg let alone back into the 80's and i remembered how good i felt when i lost that weight and was down to 70kg :)

Postby Bread-Monster » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:18 pm

My moment was when I went to visit relatives in Malaysia and had my aunties go "OH! Look at you, aren't you a fatty boom? Enjoying life too much in Australia, huh?". Being Asian, she didn't mean it to be offensive. Asians are very very very brutally honest and most of the time they don't mean what they say to be offensive. I didn't hate her or anything, I just took what she said to heart...

Though, come to think about it, even at 50kg I was considered "fat" compared to my malaysian relatives. :?
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-

Return to Just Chatting