It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Losing too fast??!!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Losing too fast??!!!

Postby electrongirl » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm

I went onto Weight Watchers Etools to enter my latest weight and this came up after:

You might be losing weight a bit quickly.

While you're probably thrilled with your weight-loss progress, we notice that you've been losing more than an average of 1 kg a week. This rate of weight loss is what experts generally regard as rapid.

For further advice, talk to your Leader.

hahahaha.... I understand they probably have to put this up but SERIOUSLY! I am stoked and no way am I changing anything!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:31 pm

My sis uses e tools, and its an automatic message when you lose more than 1 kg....just like if you lose less it says something like 'are you satisfied by your loss' or something similar :roll:
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby electrongirl » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:59 pm

I've been using it for months and never seen that message before, I just think its funny!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:40 pm

i think people lose weight at different rates etc but there is some truth in that if you lose weight too quickly there is the possibility that you can put some of it back on again.
kate_turner2000

Re: Losing too fast??!!!

Postby help6363 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:29 pm

electrongirl wrote:I went onto Weight Watchers Etools to enter my latest weight and this came up after:

You might be losing weight a bit quickly.

While you're probably thrilled with your weight-loss progress, we notice that you've been losing more than an average of 1 kg a week. This rate of weight loss is what experts generally regard as rapid.

For further advice, talk to your Leader.

hahahaha.... I understand they probably have to put this up but SERIOUSLY! I am stoked and no way am I changing anything!!

Firstly, well done on your weight loss....that's fantastic!

Does WW work on points? Do you eat all your points?
help6363

Postby Misstoodles » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:51 am

Whenever I start up losing weight, the first week I lose weight around 300-400g each day because of fluid retention I suppose, but later on I tend to lose at a rate of 150-200g each day *shrugs*

In my opinion if you're overweight and you lose a little more than a kilo each week, the rapid results are healthier for you mentally and emotionally so you're more likely to continue and become a happier and ultimately healthier person. Not to say there is anything wrong with slow and steady, as that has been proven very effective.

The way I see it is either way you can lose all your weight and maintain it simply if you keep to your healthy habits. As we know, it's not a diet - it's a lifestyle. It's just a matter of keeping to your daily calorie intake.

The only difference I could see losing it rapidly is that you've had less time to adjust to your new life-style, and so some people go from rapidly losing weight to rapidly falling back into bad habits. Just make sure this isn't you and you should be fine :D

Brother lost about 15kg in a couple of months and has kept it off for over a year.
Misstoodles

Postby electrongirl » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:11 am

I only posted this because I thought it was funny!! I have been struggling to lose weight for years and then when I start doing really well WW tells me "Slow down"

I just thought it was kind of ironic.

But I appreciate everyones advice!!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby help6363 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:40 pm

Keep up the great work...cannot wait to read your success story!!! :D
help6363

Return to Just Chatting