It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:02 am

Free Newsletter

I give up!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

I give up!!

Postby KarinAnn » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:16 pm

I'm seriously ready to give up trying to lose weight now.. I was out for my walk today with a friend and my dog, Seen some people come to the park i was at so decided to leave. As i had the dog and they had kids.. When one of the guys called my dog over and it started to run toward the road.. I asked him why he did it and thought it was funny.. So i said that maybe i should call his kids over near the road too then.. Ready to leave he came up to me and started to punch me several times in my face.. (Love the tough men who hit woman)... Of course i called the police and am pressing charges. But now i have lost all interest in going for my walks, as it seems no matter where you go, if you do the right thing.. People are just Rude and mean.. seems safer to stay fat!!!

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby electrongirl » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:18 pm

OMG! Are you ok??

Did the police manage to find him? I can't believe that!

This world is such a hateful place.

I hope your ok and I hope that mongrel gets what he deserves.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Re: I give up!!

Postby help6363 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:25 pm

KarinAnn wrote:I'm seriously ready to give up trying to lose weight now.. I was out for my walk today with a friend and my dog, Seen some people come to the park i was at so decided to leave. As i had the dog and they had kids.. When one of the guys called my dog over and it started to run toward the road.. I asked him why he did it and thought it was funny.. So i said that maybe i should call his kids over near the road too then.. Ready to leave he came up to me and started to punch me several times in my face.. (Love the tough men who hit woman)... Of course i called the police and am pressing charges. But now i have lost all interest in going for my walks, as it seems no matter where you go, if you do the right thing.. People are just Rude and mean.. seems safer to stay fat!!!

I hope you are okay.....sorry to hear about this!

I have had so many things happen whilst I am out just trying to get in a bit of exercise. I just think....WHY LET THEM WIN OR STOP ME FROM GETTING WHAT I WANT (ie: exercise)?

Sadly, people like this horrible man will always exist but don't give into them and let them stop you from getting what you want.

Hope you are ok....BIG HUGS!!!
help6363

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:30 pm

omg :shock: Im so sorry, that is just disgusting

Im glad you are pressing charges...B*stard
Dont let this one LOSER bring you down mate, you ARE worth being healthy, and losing this weight... Im so sorry! :(
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Misstoodles » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:37 am

Please don't let this be a reason to give up weight loss. Join a gym, or perhaps invest in exercise tapes and a tredmill?
Misstoodles

Postby ali » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:41 am

OMG! :shock: I hope your ok! Thats horrible! I dont know why some people have to be so mean!

I understand not wanting to exercise, if that was me I would be scared to leave the house! But dont give up on your weight loss, dont let this one LOSER stop you from getting want you want and DESERVE!!!

Maybe find somewhere else to walk, or go to a gym or buy some exercise dvds. I know these options may not be suitable (I know - Im too broke for the gym and my place is tiny, no room for at home exercise) But just dont let this bring you down!

Keep smiling! :D I really hope you are ok and feel better soon. I also hope he gets what he deserves!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:26 am

oh karinann i hope you are ok~!! do they know the guy who did it? im glad you are pressing charges. i feel really sad knowing that you were put in that situation.

take one step at a time mate, there are many reasons why you should lose weight but you need to do it for you. dont let this hold you back from achieving your goals.

if you go out for a walk now take a friend or family member with you.

hugs
kate_turner2000

Postby KarinAnn » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:50 am

Thanks all.. I am okay.. Well will be when the brusing goes down on my face... I've decided that i will use the treadmill. Which seems unfair to the dog, cuz i can't take him on them treadmill with me LOL!! The friend i was with suggested another park in the area that isn't near the street and most people don't go to these days. But not keen on heading out there any time soon.

the police did find him. I gave them his number plate and they were able to track him down. But he said to them i was in his face that's why he hit me. I told the police that this guy looks like king kong, why the heck would i be up in his face!! I'm crazy not stupid!!

They also asked if i was sure i wanted to press charges, The fact i was with a 16 year old girl for this walk, i was with my dog, he had 2 young kids with him made me want to. Also the fact that this guy thinks it's okay to hit woman and a random woman at that makes me sick to the stomache. So i will be making sure i go thru with it.

It's funny while making the statement i was shocked when they asked "Did you give this man at anytime permission to hit you" I couldn't answer right away in amazement that they ask such a thing.. Then visions of a random girl out walker her dog going up to a guy saying "Hit me!!!" came to my mind..

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby Bread-Monster » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:16 am

I can't believe the nerve of that man. I really hope you are alright, that guy assaulted you and he should go to prison for that. Don't give up losing weight because of one a-hole. Live your life in defiance of these people.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby MissE » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:55 pm

It's totally irrelevcant if you were in his face or not so dont worry about them taking that into account. I'd sue him as well, you can act in both criminal and civil courts and in civil you could sue him for the cost of buying a teadmill because you are now afraid to go walking outside.
Take the sucker for all he has.
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:01 pm

good girl im glad you are following through with it. peiple need to learn some decency in this lifetime. you dont treat people like that at all.
kate_turner2000

Postby help6363 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:30 pm

KarinAnn wrote:Thanks all.. I am okay.. Well will be when the brusing goes down on my face... I've decided that i will use the treadmill. Which seems unfair to the dog, cuz i can't take him on them treadmill with me LOL!! The friend i was with suggested another park in the area that isn't near the street and most people don't go to these days. But not keen on heading out there any time soon.

the police did find him. I gave them his number plate and they were able to track him down. But he said to them i was in his face that's why he hit me. I told the police that this guy looks like king kong, why the heck would i be up in his face!! I'm crazy not stupid!!

They also asked if i was sure i wanted to press charges, The fact i was with a 16 year old girl for this walk, i was with my dog, he had 2 young kids with him made me want to. Also the fact that this guy thinks it's okay to hit woman and a random woman at that makes me sick to the stomache. So i will be making sure i go thru with it.

It's funny while making the statement i was shocked when they asked "Did you give this man at anytime permission to hit you" I couldn't answer right away in amazement that they ask such a thing.. Then visions of a random girl out walker her dog going up to a guy saying "Hit me!!!" came to my mind..

OMG...... what a silly question asking if you gave the man permission to hit you! I know the feeling ...... when I was teaching this teenage student hit a friend of mine who was working at the school and he was asked the same thing! I was shocked!!!! Why would someone ask to be hit? CRAZY!!

Glad you are okay and you are not giving up because of the actions of a stupid man. Imagine if he treats a total stranger like that how he would treat his family....... poor kids! :cry:

How's your dog? Is he/she okay?
help6363

Postby Cass101 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:41 pm

The police have to ask if you asked to be hit. Even if you were saying it in retaliation to what they were saying. so if you said you wanna hit me? Go on then hit me! you have actually given permission for them to charge you. You cant say they assulted you if you gave them permission to. Sounds silly but that's the law and the police have to ask.
Start 99kg
Current 86.6kg
1st Goal 85
2nd " 75
3rd " 65
END 58 - 60kg!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6gNSIt/]
[/url]
Cass101

Postby MissE » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:38 pm

Very true, Cass. think about how many fights with people saying 'come on, hit me! you know you want to!' so yeah, they do have to ask coz it could totally screw their case.
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby help6363 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:32 pm

Even though they have to ask, it's still annoying when they ask. Know what I mean?
help6363

Next

Return to Just Chatting