It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:51 pm

Free Newsletter

I give up!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby lisa » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:39 pm

Never let another person scare you into changing your life. I am so glad you followed through with pressing charges. My only brother was murdered by a random person because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The thing was...prior to stabbing my brother he had attacked another person two months earlier but this person did not follow through with having him charged. I always think maybe things would have worked out different if he had originally been good on you for having the courage to make a stand.
I hope you are feeling ok. It was hard for me to go anywhere public for a while for fear of it happening to me. But after facing the killer in court I decided not to let this mongrel take my life away.
Like you said...go different places and maybe at a different time.
Take care!! :)

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:32 pm

Oh my good lord, Karin-Ann!!! That is absolutely disgusting behaviour, you poor thing!! I'm absolutely stunned that someone would overreact that badly and hit a WOMAN too!!! Far out.. Well done for pressing charges and not letting the b*stard get away with it!!

Postby Cass101 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:00 pm

I understand help6363 that it is annoying but if they don't ask and then find you later you did say it, makes the case a lot harder. Plus if you have already gone to court you may end up with the courts costs AND being charged yourself for making false claims (or something like that) and trust me the cops think it is stupid too, but again they have to ask.

Oh and I forgot to say, how terrible that is so horrific and I hope you do sue him as well, and remember to sue him for the cost of the dog walker as well :wink:
Start 99kg
Current 86.6kg
1st Goal 85
2nd " 75
3rd " 65
END 58 - 60kg!

Postby shelbel » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:02 pm

Im totally shocked at this Karin Ann!!! I just dont understand where anyone gets all that anger from that they could fly at a stranger over something so seemingly trivial in the grand scheme on things. And in front of children! Such a big man hitting a women. You have to feel for this heros wife because if he could do that to a stranger, imagine what she would cop.

I hope you can recover from this and not let it stop you on your weightloss journey.

Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)

Postby KarinAnn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:19 am

Thanks for all the replies and idea's.. they will come in handy ;) the dog is okay too.. I plan to go for my walk today with my dog, but in a totally different park. I might even train the dog to bite men where it hurts the most :lol:

I think this guy is in parthership with cosmetic company's.. It was hard to put makeup on yesterday to try and cover up the eye..

**I can and WILL do this**

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:56 am

Good for you mate,still going for a walk with your dog, good on you ;) Nevermind about the eye babe (poor thing :( ) Im sure it will clear up soon enough :(

Postby Rustie » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:16 pm

Thats really sad to hear but pick yourself up and keep on going. Can you imagine what his wife may have to put up with. Violence againts women is just stupid.
Hope you feel better soon.

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg

Postby lng86 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:26 pm

You poor thing. I am outraged. All of the girls have given you great advice. Don't let someone else have an influence over your life. You should be so proud for pressing charges. It is a very scary thing... But you are brave. No one should get away with that kind of behaviour.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)

Postby Fireball » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:08 pm

OMG I can hardly believe it. There are certainly some weirdo's in the world. Glad to see you still plan on keeping up with your goals. Don't let him interfere with that or he wins! It is great that you are pursuing it too.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Return to Just Chatting