It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:14 am

Free Newsletter

Just a few questions

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Just a few questions

Postby help6363 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:06 am

Hello :D

Just wanted to ask a few questions, if you have time to answer them it would be great........

1. What point did you say to yourself 'this is it! I am losing weight'? What was your turning point (I guess that's what I am asking)?

2. We all know people who want to lose weight. Some succeed and others fail. Why do you think some people are successful and others are not?

3. If you binge eat or have a cheat day...what's your favourite food?

4. If you could give one piece of dieting advice to someone what would it be? This would have to be the most important piece of information.

5. Do you reward yourself for losing weight?

6. Why did you choose your name for this board?

Nosey, aren't I? (You don't have to answer that question....hehehehe) :lol:

Have a great day!

Cheers

Michelle
help6363

Postby Misstoodles » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:34 am

Great idea :)

1. What point did you say to yourself 'this is it! I am losing weight'? What was your turning point (I guess that's what I am asking)?

This time around it really hit me that I'm going to be 18 next year and my young years will be gone before I know it. I didn't want to be known as the fat one who loses weight then puts it on again because she's a pig, they would never say it but I don't want my brothers friends to view me as weak and disgusting - I want to go out dancing with them and feel like one of them. It was my 17th birthday that made me think about this and then tackle weight loss again.

2. We all know people who want to lose weight. Some succeed and others fail. Why do you think some people are successful and others are not?

We all know people who want to lose weight. We all know from personal experience that you need that 'something'. It's like being inlove, you can't describe that deep-set feeling.. In my opinion its when we lose that something that we stop being successful at weight-loss, and the triggers for both the loss and re-capturing of that 'something' is unique to each individual. I think this is what makes it hard, because often we don't know what the triggers are until they have happened. It may sound silly to others but to me it's almost like an emotion in itself.

That really depends. Probably ravioli, or chocolate. It mainly depends on who I'm with and what they are craving, or what Mum and Dad have purchased groccery-wise. If it's there then that's when I find it hard to resist temptation.

4. If you could give one piece of dieting advice to someone what would it be? This would have to be the most important piece of information.

Learn about calorie intake. It enables you to have complete control; Otherwise you're just guessing. Without it, you're either eating too many calories not knowing where they are coming from, or you're eating ceaseless amounts of salad and looking forward to the next time you can eat copious amounts of chocolate.

I do!! We all should. I go shopping with Mum and try on clothing. It's being able to look good in the clothing that is the reward, but Mum often buys me clothes I've tried on and loved and it's just icing on the cake :D or should I say fat-free dressing on the salad?
My Mum's a darling.

Haha... awh.. a guy I'm friends with name is Todd and for some silly reason I have to resist the urge to call him Toodles at times. I just wanted something that sounded silly and Misstoodles did the trick.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby vanessa0305 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:18 am

When it came to light that my husband had spoken to my parents about putting me on a diet without hurting my feelings. Then my dad telling me I was taking the conversation out of context, they were discussing how fat women are sexually unattractive. This made me mad!! Very very Mad!! So it spurred me on in the beginning when I needed it.

I think its about commitment. I think you have to win the battle in your head first then you can win it on the scales. I agree with misstoodles, its hard to describe but I think when you get it...its powerful, you don't quit, you just keep going.

I hate binging or cheating and I certainly never have a whole day of it. Usually its after dinner or during TTOM. But I am slowly learning to control it and chose healthy options to binge on such as fruit. Favourite food...hmmm not sure. Things that were my favourite, would make me sick to eat now. I guess toast with butter and Vegemite's.

That a slip up is just that, its not a disaster so just keep going, keep getting back up and trying again. Two steps forward and one step back will still get you there in the end.

Absolutely!! Clothing, nice underwear, my nails, makeup, and of course my teeth!!

Because its my name and a special number to me...kids birthdays and such.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:22 am

after seeing photos of myself at my 21st birthday dinner cutting the cake (theyre in my photo section) and i sat there one day and had a good hard look at myself and thought 'im doing something about this today, not tomorrow or next week- got to start today' and i did. earlier this year when i put some weight back on i had another good hard look at myself and even though my new clothes still fit i wasnt feeling as comfortable about them and knew i had to do something before i lost the plot

i think a lot of people are scared of change. theyre so used to doing what they have been doing they dont know any different. i also dont think people are as much support as others and when they feel like theyre failing they dont have anyone to pick them up and make them feel great about themselves. thats why this forum is so great. also i dont think a lot of people are knowledgable about healthy eating and exercise and therefore dont know what they should be doing.

damn where do i start? i would have a whole BOX of flings :) and i also like pizza so i would have that too. :) and maybe red licorice and some magnum egos- *shudder* i feel sick even thinking about binging lol

drink lots of water to flush out the system and take one day at a time.

not really but i should.

first name is kate, last name is turner and i first had the net in the year 2000.
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:51 am

uummm probably having 3 randoms (different times) yelling things at me in the street (you can imagine what I mean! )

I think it has to be the right time in your life, you have to be completely committed, and doing it for yourself, not for someone else

I see a psychologist for binge eating disorder...when someone binges it is not at all about eating my 'favourites' its about harming yourself, and self hatred and punishment...so NO food I binge on, I enjoy..... Fav food in general though would have to be home made parma, mashed potato and vegies....(hey thats actually pretty good! hehe)

Drink water! It makes all the difference

Not recently cos Ive just managed to gain it :(
umm was watching 'girls of the playboy mansion' on E channel ;)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:19 am

When i seen that i couldnt keep up with my kids . I am on 5'5 and over 100kg not a good look

It come down to what kind of support network u have and whether there is anything underlying in why u put on weight. For me its a combination of a bad childhood and violent relationships that i (as drPhil says ) self medicate on food to make myself feel better

3. If you binge eat or have a cheat day...what's your favourite food? i am definately a sweet tooth . i could down chocolate no problems and cheesecake i could happily eat a whole cake no worries

tackle on day at a time . if u fall down get up again . it takes more guts to admit what u did then it does just to forget about it
I did . For every 5 kgs lost i would buy a charm for a charm bracelet . have stopped this atm
6. Why did you choose your name for this board? sounds cute and seen a wrinkly dog on a shoe add yeas ago
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby electrongirl » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:34 am

1. What point did you say to yourself 'this is it! I am losing weight'? What was your turning point (I guess that's what I am asking)? ummmmm I've said it many MANY times over the past 11 years. I have lost and gained weight so may times it aint funny!

2. We all know people who want to lose weight. Some succeed and others fail. Why do you think some people are successful and others are not? I think you have to be ready to make the changes permantly. Some people get caught up in the novelty of it and lose sight of exactly why they are doing it. I am guilty of this on many occasions.

3. If you binge eat or have a cheat day...what's your favourite food? Usually take away.

4. If you could give one piece of dieting advice to someone what would it be? This would have to be the most important piece of information. Never think of it as a diet because diets end, think of it as a lifestyle change because life keeps on going.

Yes. Last time I lost 20kg I rewarded myself with lots of new clothes and lingerie. This time I am getting a diamond ring.

It's been my screen name for about 8 years or so. My ex was electronboy so I became electrongirl. I like the name and we were together for 6 years so I just kept it.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby help6363 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:54 pm

Hello

Thanks for the replies!

Misstoodles I recall living at home........ my parents used to buy yummy food and I used to eat it all! Naughty me!

Your mum sounds so sweet, buying you rewards...it's nice you have that support!

vanessa0305 You sound like you are going really well - excellent work!

Oh, I love your list of rewards....they are great!

kate_turner2000 I struggle to get the water I am meant to drink each day. Truth be known I drink it like it's medicine each day... drinking water, that's good advice!

Oh, I saw your pics...... you look beautiful! Well done on losing so much weight...that's great!

Playboy_bunny Sorry I don't really undersatnd binge eating.... I always thought it was just about eating food you like.... sorry, I am still learning! Hope you are going well! Good for you..facing the problem, I think that takes so much courage! I would be interested to learn more about binge eating...thanks for telling me this!

hushpuppy Support is a big thing, huh? I don't understand how people do it with little or not support!

electrongirl Hmmm...takeaway...my weakness too!
A diamond ring as a reward......oh, that sounds great!

Hope you all have a great day and look forward to reading your success stories!

Thanks for the replies!
help6363

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:36 pm

Thats ok mate, I didnt mean to come off nasty or preachy or anything :shock: woops lol thanks for the kind words though :)
Playboy_bunny

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:37 pm

hey help, I just realised YOU didnt answer your own questions ;)
We want to hear about you too love ;) xx
Playboy_bunny

Postby help6363 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:42 pm

Hey :D

NO WAY did you come off preachy! Sorry my written communication can sometimes be too direct!!! SORRY!!
help6363

Re: Just a few questions

Postby madeline » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:45 pm

Hehe Oooh I ♥ quizzes!

I went to Sydney at the start of the year, and I am ashamed to look at the photos. I was one big blob :oops:

Anyone who is honest with themselves about their progress and habits will succeed.

Salt and vinegar chips, hungry jacks

Eat only when you're hungry.

Yes, but not in ages!

Take a guess :wink:
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby help6363 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:50 pm

Hey madeline

I am always asking questions.... sorry if it seems like a quiz!

Hungry Jacks ....yummy! and chips....yummy!

I like your response about people being honest with themselves...in past I have not been honest with myself and I had not success.......

Thanks for the reply! :D
help6363

Postby loveat116 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:03 pm

About 2 months ago I realised I want to get fit, and healthy, and slim. I realised how bad I ate and I wanted to change that.

Its because people go on these stupid diets, where they limit themselves to 1000 calories a day, or only drink shakes. I think to lose weight and keep it off you need to make a lifestyle change. And I dont believe you have to starve your body of food to lose weight.

Ice cream and ice magic! crisps. I wont ever be eating fast food again, but I love Indian.

ALWAYS drink your water!

Yes, I have gotten 1 reward so far, I have 2 more to go before goal weight.

My favourite time in my life was when I was 17 and 116lbs. Life was awesome :) I'd love to eventually get down to this weight, but its not important, that weight could be slightly unhealthy.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:39 pm

Good questions :D

I told myself I would never get to a size 18, and when buying new jeans at Jeans West, the 16's wouldn't fit and yup, I had to get the 18's!!

I think the people who fail are the ones who try to find an 'easy' solution. That fad diet that never works, diet pills... Weight loss isn't easy!! It took time to put on all that weight, and it's going to take more time for it to come off! Also, people that restrict foods and tell themselves they aren't 'allowed' to have them. Of course that's going to make you want them!!! If you allow everything in moderation and allow yourself little treats here and there, you're not even going to be craving the things much before long!

I don't do either, but if I did it would be a Chicken Parmagiana from the Coopers Alehouse here in Adelaide. They are absolutely MASSIVE and delicious!! Either that or something like a custard berlina, custard tart, vanilla slice, anything bakery-like!!

Don't try to take the easy way around things, accept that you're probably not going to lose weight as fast as you'd like to, and it's going to be hard work. Don't deny yourself ANYTHING, just ask yourself if you REALLY want it or need it and remember how you'll feel if you have it.

I didn't really, I said I was going to with hair cut & dye for getting to my goal weight, but I didn't have the money for it until 3 months after I reached goal :P Just buying new clothes and seeing my transformation was reward enough for me!

It's just a nickname I use for everything, "Zee Deveel" is an Incubus song, and they're one of my favourite bands. It also sounds devillish :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
zeedeveelgirl

Next

Return to Just Chatting