It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:34 am

Free Newsletter

Just a few questions

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby BusyMum » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:21 pm

1. What point did you say to yourself 'this is it! I am losing weight'? What was your turning point (I guess that's what I am asking)?

I dont really know what my turning point was. I have tried quiet a few times in the last few years to lose weight. But I dont think any of those times I actually done it for me. This time I was thinking about all the health issues that go along with being overweight, and the way that I grew up in a family that never knew the importance of exercise and a heathy diet. I dont want my children to go through the things I have been through, and struggle with their weight their whole lives. I also went to buy some new clothes and had to buy an 18. Maybe that was my turning point, because I was really discusted with myself that day. I am also sick of being down as a result of my weight, so I guess it also to do with boosting my self esteem.

2. We all know people who want to lose weight. Some succeed and others fail. Why do you think some people are successful and others are not?

The same reason i have failed in the past - not in the right frame of mind or doing it for the right reasons.

3. If you binge eat or have a cheat day...what's your favourite food?

Thats a tough one. I have a real sweet tooth though. So anything sweet i suppose.

4. If you could give one piece of dieting advice to someone what would it be? This would have to be the most important piece of information.

Im not sure. But i would say definately say do it for yourself- not anyone else!

5. Do you reward yourself for losing weight?

I dont think I have lost enough to reward myself yet. But I am sure I will :D .

6. Why did you choose your name for this board?

Because I am a mum. And I have 2 kids under the age of 2. So I am always busy doing something.
Angela.
Mum to 2 girls, 22months, and 6 months.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiWIiQF/]
BusyMum

Postby chubba momma » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:30 pm

1. What point did you say to yourself 'this is it! I am losing weight'? What was your turning point ?

I am just sick of looking at the clothes in my closet that i used to wear and getting depressed about being heaps bigger now. So i went through them, gave most away and kept a few "dream outfits". I think i just finally woke up and realized if i dont do something about it now i will just keep on making excuses.

2. We all know people who want to lose weight. Some succeed and others fail. Why do you think some people are successful and others are not?

For me persoanlly why i always fail is becasue i give up to easily or it gets "too hard" or i just make up excuses. I think weightloss has to start with YOu believing in yourself enough to want to change.

3. If you binge eat or have a cheat day...what's your favourite food?

coke, chocolate adn chips!

4. If you could give one piece of dieting advice to someone what would it be?
you have to believe in yourself first or nothing will work!

5. Do you reward yourself for losing weight?

never used to but im going to now

6. Why did you choose your name for this board?

when i was pregnant i was named "little momma" by my work collegues casue i was little with a humungous belly but since them ive become a chubba momma!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Previous

Return to Just Chatting