It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:14 am

Free Newsletter

And yet more questions..........

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

And yet more questions..........

Postby help6363 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:30 pm

Hello! :D

If you have the time, I would like to hear your answers!

1. Hardest event in your life? How did you overcome it?

2. Nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?

3. If you had a t-shirt (I know you all have t-shirts hehehehe)...... and it reflected who you are what would your t-shirt look like?

4. Proudest moment in your life?

Only 4 questions this time LOL.

Thanks

Have a great day!

Cheers

Michelle :D
help6363

Postby electrongirl » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:06 am

Allowing my son to go and live with his father while I was going through a really rough time. I never really got over it, even now that he is back with me. I still feel guilty about it.

My husband gave up everything to move to Australia to be with me.

3. If you had a t-shirt (I know you all have t-shirts hehehehe)...... and it reflected who you are what would your t-shirt look like?

When I gave birth to my son.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:15 pm

1. Hardest event in your life? How did you overcome it? when my dad dies when i was 15 and moved States . Just got on with it i guess and Leaving a violent relationship . i did it for my kids .they or i would be dead if i didnt

to many to name and it was mostly my mum(she is my best friend)

3. If you had a t-shirt (I know you all have t-shirts hehehehe)...... and it reflected who you are what would your t-shirt look like? Want doesnt kill u makes u stronger

having my kids
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:09 pm

1. Hardest event in your life? How did you overcome it? my hiking trip in africa. leaving family behind for 5-6 weeks when i was 14 years old, walking from country to country some days, eating different foods and climbing Mt cameroon. i thought i was going to die lol. I overcome it by thinking a lot about my dad since he was the reason i was there. i got through it with letters from home and writing letters home. looking back i appreciate it more now than i did whilst there.

2. Nicest thing anyone has ever done for you? hmmm... well i cant really put my finger on something in particular but i think that when mick tells me he is proud of me it really is touching because i have never been told that someone is proud of me before i met mick.

3. If you had a t-shirt (I know you all have t-shirts hehehehe)...... and it reflected who you are what would your t-shirt look like? Pink (cos i wear a lot of pink) and black , maybe with triangles in black on it because its different :)

4. Proudest moment in your life? giving birth to heidi. 17.5 hour labour, possibility of c section about half way through the labour and ending up dilating and giving birth vaginally. the dr came up and saw me on the ward the next day and apologised to me for thinking the worst (that i would end up in a c section) when i could and did overcome the worst. when i helped lift heidi up on to my chest and know that she was made from me and mick and that i wasnt just a sister, daughter, niece, grandaughter or friend anymore, i was also a mother.
kate_turner2000

Postby chubba momma » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:45 pm

the emergency cesarean with my now 14 week old son, it was an awful experience that never want to go through again.I was induced, (gel, drip, waters broken) and he was prosterior an jammed stuck. I found epidurals dont work with me and went through 11 hours of labour with him jammed stuck before they rushed me off for a emergency ceaser. It was traumatic and scary. He was 9lbs 8 oz (4.31kg, head of 37 cms and 56 cms in length. The doctor preforming the op said he was never goign to fit out of there! was very scary! I dont think i have gotten over it just yet.

Being loved by my partner every day and just seeing my children is the nicest thing ever!

pink or purple with some real inspiring quote on it, i love quotes and all that mushy stuff!

By far the birth of my first child, it took me a year and a half to fall pregnant and after a rough labour (only 8 hours but she was stuck, prosterior, and they were about to take me to theatre) i gave birth naturally to my big bubba (she was 9lbs 8 oz ~4.3 kg) with only gas, no other drugs and no stitches! No one thought i could do it except for one fantastic midwife who i will be indebted to for the rest of my life! :D I am aslo proud of bringing my son into the world even though it wasnt a pleasant labour experience
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby oostevens » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:31 pm

hmm depression. Learning to love myself. It sucked. After I finished high school, i went through a few bad years. I was down on myself about everything, thought people didn't like me, hated who i was. Many nights i went to bed crying and yelling at myself, saying how stupid i was and how worthless i was. How did i overcome it? yeah i know this sounds cliche but its true, God. I am a christian, but it was God who got me through it. I realised how much he loves me, and how he would never ever create a loser, cos that would reflect on him. I was not a mistake, would an artist make a masterpiece to be told its a mistake? NO WAY! Friends helped me through, but it was GOD and his love for me that brought me to where i am today :) I love who i am, my confidence is much higher, and i have a better self worth :) oh and my husband has been a huge help too.

Wow, this is a hard one. Ooooh, there have been many, but one that comes to mind is, my good friend moved 4hrs away from me when she got married, and i was left with hardly any friends (i m still in that position). I was telling her how sad i was and that i had been crying alot and missed her and having friends. One day, a parcel arrived for me. I opened it, inside were nuttella sticks, jokes, interesting facts about Chinchilla (the town my friend lived in), party poppers, um, funny pictures, origami, stars, a straw, a keyring and more. The thing that made me cry happy tears the most, was a photo album my friend had included :) With pictures of us over the years in it. It made me so so so happy and so blessed to have such a great friend. (wow thanx for this question, it has made me think about her again and how much she has done for me)

It would be...... Red, black and white :) With a microphone on it and the words 'you are' and 'masterpiece' on it :)

My wedding? can i say that :) it was amazing :) i had to stop myself from crying as i walked down the aisle hehe and my husband cried a few happy tears (which is a HUGE thing for him) and the day had no bumps or problems at all :) The pics turned out great and everyone had a blast :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby yummymummy » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:38 pm

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:30 pm Post subject: And yet more questions..........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

If you have the time, I would like to hear your answers!

Ive had a few -the death of my grandparents was just awful,
-having a miscarriage broke my heart
-hearing my son has autism, has been really hard

I had a few but the first thing that poped into my mind was when a guy walked up to me in the middle of the shops and gave me a flower because he thought I looked nice

at the moment it would look a bit frayed around the edges but still hanging in there!!
just seeing my kids succeed or doing generous nice things for people, that makes it all worthwhile :D
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Return to Just Chatting