It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:24 am

Free Newsletter

Cat Question

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby electrongirl » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:09 am

I have always had a theory, and I am being serious, that cats are evil.

SERIOUSLY!!

The watch us all the time. And they are plotting.....

Just watch them. I'm right!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby shelbel » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:55 am

Hahahaha I love it!!

[/img]Image

Im watching you Nikki, i know what you're been looking up on the net too!!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Re: Cat Question

Postby help6363 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:47 am

shelbel wrote:Does anyone else out there have a cat?

I have a 3 year old Bengal, she's a beautiful cat, BUT the thing is, she bites me. She seeks me out and sits or pushes her way into my lap. She will be sitting nicely having some pats and looking for all the world like she's enjoying it, but then all of a sudden she will bite me! Not in a nasty way, just a nip. But ive got no idea why she does it. She doesnt get up and will go on sitting with me after. She's is in no way agressive and is a normal (besides her 'bengal crazies') happy cat. She shows none of the normal cat signs of being patted too much in one spot either. So im puzzled! :?

Anyone elses cat do this?? What can i do about it? Any help or suggestions would be great!!

My cat does this too! :oops:

I don't know what you can do about it.

I have just accepted that it's my cat and she does it. That's probably the wrong answer.

Oh....saw the pic of your cat, she is so beautiful! LOL...looks like she is doing computer work!

Sorry I could not help!
help6363

Postby KarinAnn » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:54 am

This may sound like a stupid question. but.. Does your cat have toys to play with? All cats have to claw and bite.. Most times it's in a playful manner and the easiest way to deal with it is to just have a few toys on hand.. But to stop a cat from biting all the time train it to stop by getting angry and say no.. As you would a dog..

Our cats are similar to the big cats.. If you have ever watched them play they claw and bite each other or other things.. So giving it something other than yourself to bite will hopefully fix the problem..

It could also be if you had stopped patting for a moment it was telling you it was there and keep patting it..

Being that i am writing this at almost 2am and im very tired.. I hope it makes sense LOL..

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby electrongirl » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:54 am

I knew it!!

OMG!!!

hehehehehe cute!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby MissE » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:34 am

thew biting is an affection thing. cats have all that fur and much thicker skin than we do, and a nip to them doesnt hurt at all. Alot of cats will do it when they are comfy.
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Bread-Monster » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:03 pm

I love kitties! :D . Yes, they are evil, but they're soooooo cute. My cat use to try to break into my room every morning. One night, I left my window open, and she actually found a way out ot he house and into my room through my window. I woke up with a cat in my face and she was purring and kneading at my blanket.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby electrongirl » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:08 pm

I just realised that the original post isn't there anymore!!

Am I the only one seeing my post at the top instead of shelbels?

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby shelbel » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:29 pm

Hey yeah Nikki it has gone. HUH?? Maybe one of the mods doesnt like cats! Hahaha

Navs has HEAPS of toys, a massive scratching post and some boxes. I'll try growling at her when she does it, but i even when she bites, i find it hard not to pat her again, she's so cute! LOL

Its weird because its only me she bites too, never my partner, but she rarely sits with him either, so maybe it is a affection thing, i wish i could know whats she's thinking!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby dietcoke » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:50 pm

Cat's know more than they want us to think they know...trust me.

I've had heaps of cats in my time they all know how to give a good death-stare.

I think that's why I like them. They're sophisticated, intellegent and regal...unlike dogs...yuck. Oh and they're not needy either. No loyalty at all - they go to whoever feeds them. I can respect an animal that does what they have to do to get what they want...hehehe...probably because I'm not self-sufficient at all.
dietcoke

Postby Sassygirl » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:47 pm

I lost my beloved puddie cat last year - and I still cry over her. She was the first one to greet me when I came home. I miss her kneading the bed at night time and her constant purring, but most of all I miss her company ........ they are such a part of your lives!

This is my fav quote on kitties:

"Dogs have owners ....... cats have slaves!" Oh how true :lol:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby electrongirl » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:15 pm

oh man...

I really wish the original post hadn't been deleted because now it looks like I created a thread about how evil cats are!!!

And mine was just a joke.....

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Suminoya Buffet » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:43 am

I have 3 cats and, I kid you not, they're an utter TAG TEAM of NAUGHTYNESS!

They take turns scratching on the front and back doors when I'm asleep, they knock things over and fight, and when I go to investigate they all just sit next to each other looking cute, and the worst is my 5 year old jet black cat who actually gets grumpy and throws tantrums when he doesnt get fed at the usual time! (For example, he jumps on my lap and starts growling! He also jumps up on the kitchen counter and starts knocking things over!!)

They're awesome cats. The oldest one is 20 and shes the Madame of the house :lol:
Suminoya Buffet

Return to Just Chatting