It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:50 pm

Free Newsletter

How did you meet your significant other

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

How did you meet your significant other

Postby electrongirl » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:24 pm

I've been inspired by lng86's story to start this thread about how we met our partners. I love hearing about how people get together!!

My story is:

It was New Years Eve 2004 becoming 2005 and I was sad and lonely. I had been single for about 2 months and had finally gotten out of a very destructive relationship. I was with my ex for 6 years and for 3 of those years we lived like housemates. He wouldn't touch me as I had gained weight.

Anyway, I was lonely and bored and needed cheering up. So I went to a website called Red Vs Blue which is basically funny videos made from Halo.

I signed up for a profile on the site and watched a few videos, went into the forums and talked to a couple of people.

Then I went off to bed.

Next morning I thought I'd have another look at the site and I noticed a thread titled "Post pictures of yourself". People were posting funny pics and such so I posted a pic of me. Then right after mine a guy posted a pic of himself doing an angry face and straight away I thought of the cover of A Clorkwork Orange.

So I messaged him to tell him this. We started chatting about movies and then books and didn't stop chatting for about 4 hours when he realised he had to go to bed.

Then the next day I logged on again and we chatted some more. We then exchanged email and msn details and chatted everyday this way.

I knew I was feeling something for him but I thought it wouldn't ever be anything as he was in North Carolina USA and I was in Perth.

But we kept talking and then I decided to call him. We talked for 8 hours. We only stopped because his cordless phone ran out of battery!

We started using webcams to talk to each other and thankfully we were both very happy with who we saw on the other end (I had lost about 15kg by this time).

When we decided that we had to meet in the flesh. So I booked a flight for May and went to see him.

It was magical. We hit it off right away. There was no awkwardness. It was like we had known each other for years.

After being there a week, he proposed to me and I said yes!!

Then I had to leave, which was one of the hardest things I had to do.

But I came back and started planning our life together.

I moved in together with my then friend to save money and we went back to long phone calls and webcamming.

He finally got here in December 05 and we were married in Feb 06.

We are still waiting for him to get permant residency but all is good.

We are so very happy and even though the seperation was so tough I would do it again without a doubt because what I have now is worth everything.

And if you want to get all mushed out check out the video I made for him here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As61yqePR5A
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby talia11 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:30 pm

wow! what a great story!!
Mine is kinda similar -

I met hubby on RSVP after coming out of a bad relationship too - we basically met in person after a week of talking non stop on the phone - 4 weeks later we were engaged and are celebrating our 1 year anniversary next Sunday!!

Here is our wedding website if anyone wnats to see some more about it..... http://carmen-aaron.weddingannouncer.com/
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby yummymummy » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:57 pm

Oh how sweet :D
I met my partner at freo markets i worked on one stall and he worked on another but I really had nothing to do with him until he shaved off this awful beard he had at the time, the day he came to work clean shaven I thought mmm nice ! we have been together for 13 yrs.
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby oostevens » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:04 pm

oops i posted my story in another thread, but here it is again :p so it doesnt feel left out heheh

well i met my husband online too :)

A friend wanted to hook me and him up (just after i had given up on guys all together)

I saw a pic and thought hmm cute, but its not going to go anywhere, he looks like that and i look, well not like that.

We chatted online for ages, it eventuated into phone calls, in fact one night we chatted on the phone for 3hrs! His phone bill went over and he actually had to borrow money from a friend to help pay for it.

I had never had a bf before. Every guy i had liked had not liked me back.

We wrote emails all the time and smsed too.

Finally i went to meet him (at a bible study group - he is a christian too). I nearly didnt want to go, but my friend drove me there. When i first saw him in person i was like "WOW HE IS SOO HOT" and i went shy.

After the study we were all gunna go back to someone's house for coffee. I was so sure he wasnt impressed with me, so as we left i smsed him (from my friends car) saying how sorry i was and that i didnt mean to disappoint. His response was that i was so much more beautiful in real life, and i didnt disappoint at all.

I went to a music festival at toowoomba one weekend, and asked him to come up for at least one day (we werent together yet). He drove the 2hrs to see me there, in a car that could have broken down! And he didnt make a move on me, because i was trying to stick to my plan of staying single for a whole month Smile

On the 1st of April 2005, we became bf and gf. After going out to dinner (and holding a guys hand for the first time) we drove to a small park near my house, and made out for ages. It was so exciting :)

He would email me all the time telling me how fast he was falling for me, and the emails were so amazing.

Eventually we got engaged, he took me to the same park we shared my first kiss, and asked me to marry him.

We have now been married 1yr and 4mths Smile and still talk on the phone (while at work) every single day.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby shelbel » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:14 pm

Yay i love hearing love stories! :D

Oh and nikki that clip was beautiful, i had tears in my eyes! And carmen you were a stunning bride, you looked like a princess!

Our story is a common one. We met in a nightclub! I remember the exact date too 22nd dec 2001. And i still have the dress i was wearing! I was out with friends celebrating my 22nd bday and was rather jolly! We were dancing and he came and asked if i would dance with him. I thought it was so nice for a guy to actually ask instead of pushing himself on you. I went home with him, but nothing happened. We went on a few dates and while the spark was there, neither of us wanted a serious relationship. We kept seeing each out at a club we used to always go to, and i always ended up going home with him. We started seeing each other every tuesday night to watch a movie, it became our night, from there it progressed but it was a long time before we were 'official'. I still remember the day we became a couple, 27th jan 2003.

Thanks for bringing this thread up nikki, its just reminded me of all those times and the nervousness of new love and our first kiss and all those other wonderful fully in love things!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby electrongirl » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:17 pm

We have now been married 1yr and 4mths Smile and still talk on the phone (while at work) every single day

Billy calls me everyday at lunch too!!

Don't you love it!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby chubba momma » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:31 pm

I met him through my mate of the time, he was her little brother. We met each other in November of that year, ( i really liked him but i was so painfully shy i didnt do anything about it. Then in March of the next year the local footy team had a fundrasing pub crawl which we both went to, and i drank alittle too much ( i never need much i hardly drink) and threw up all over the toilets at one pub, and for some reason he watched out for me all night, it was sweet, and i was head over heals in lurve!! The crawl ened up at the local radio station part and i remeber we were all dancing to "shook me all night long" by acdc and all of a sudden he was kissing me and i didnt know what the hell to do(my first kiss!) and then we w=ende upp going for a walk and kissed more (and hows this, i asked him "do i taste liek vomit~ what a lovely thought huh!). I wa sactually staying at his place that night (casue i was out with his sister) and she couldnt find us so her and her mum came down looking for us!! She scared the crap out of me! LOL

Anywasy we didnt talk for another week or so (too shy) and we had planned a few of us to go clubbing and he came and we ended up being the only ones left and stayed out dancing, and the next day my frined left me in teh parking lot with him and drove away (we lived an hour away) so we could sort our selves out casue everyone was sick of us and just wanted us to get on with it!! :lol: )

As we were about to drive into town he asked me for my hand and asked if id be his girlfirend, it was such a lovely day!! Of course i sadi yes and we have been togther almost 5 years now :D
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby Rustie » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:28 am

Ok my soppy love story...
Brett and I were both members of a local car forum being we both love cars! He sent me a few pm's but i declined his offers for lunch. As i didnt know him and i had alot of problems with my ex. He would ring me ever so often and say hello and ask how the family was. He has always been so polite!
Then one day my litttle car decided to S**t itself and I posted up on the forum for some ideas as to what it could be. Then i got a message saying " I will be your knight in shining armor"
Well being a single mum and my parents had moved up north to live i needed the help. So as i was about to get my car towed from the side of the road up rocks a big black falcon with a cute guy inside. He introduces himself as Brett and my god he smelt good.!! He had a quick look at my car and said he would come hae a look. Well that was the funniest day ever cause he thought that my car had a broken fuel pump! He fixed that but the car still wouldnt start. It turned out to be the ignition coil and boy did i give him crap for it. I was a right censored.
Well from there we started talking more and more. Until it was everyday and sms's. He worked away and finally i got to pick him up from the airport. I wore a pink boobtube top and nice pants and blew him off his feet. He stayed the first night at my house and has never left.. Unless its to go back to work again.
Tomorrow will be our first year together... Even though we have had a few rough patches as everyone does i truely love him so so much!!

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:26 am

havent we done this before?
kate_turner2000

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:31 am

kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:00 am

oops sorry

well it gave the newer people a chance to tell their stories.

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:17 am

yeah thats cool :)
kate_turner2000

Postby oostevens » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:48 am

thats so cute :) the butterflies awww and u met when u were 16 how cute :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby shelbel » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:59 am

Rustie wrote:Ok my soppy love story...
Brett and I were both members of a local car forum being we both love cars! He sent me a few pm's but i declined his offers for lunch. As i didnt know him and i had alot of problems with my ex. He would ring me ever so often and say hello and ask how the family was. He has always been so polite!
Then one day my litttle car decided to S**t itself and I posted up on the forum for some ideas as to what it could be. Then i got a message saying " I will be your knight in shining armor"
Well being a single mum and my parents had moved up north to live i needed the help. So as i was about to get my car towed from the side of the road up rocks a big black falcon with a cute guy inside. He introduces himself as Brett and my god he smelt good.!! He had a quick look at my car and said he would come hae a look. Well that was the funniest day ever cause he thought that my car had a broken fuel pump! He fixed that but the car still wouldnt start. It turned out to be the ignition coil and boy did i give him crap for it. I was a right censored.
Well from there we started talking more and more. Until it was everyday and sms's. He worked away and finally i got to pick him up from the airport. I wore a pink boobtube top and nice pants and blew him off his feet. He stayed the first night at my house and has never left.. Unless its to go back to work again.
Tomorrow will be our first year together... Even though we have had a few rough patches as everyone does i truely love him so so much!!

Hey Sam that wouldnt happen to be the purple circle would it?? The car forum i mean!! :)
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Rustie » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:06 am

Yeh it would be!!!

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Next

Return to Just Chatting