It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Free Newsletter

How did you meet your significant other

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby shelbel » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:08 am

Thought so! My boy is on that forum sometimes, we did one of the cruises at the start of the year.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:36 am

Im single! :shock: bahahahaha I wish I had a nice story to tell! :D
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Amanda20 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:41 am

Rustie, what kind of cars do you like? I come from a holden - mad family. My whole family loves old cars. The older the better.

I love reading love stories, its so romantic.

Well, I met my gorgeous boyfriend at a club. I was playing pool with some friends and so was he with his friends on another table. I didn't even notice him until he came over to help me, I'm really bad at pool. He showed me how to correctly hold the cue (I got butterflies in my stomach when he had his arms around me to show me how to hold it) and how to actually hit the balls into the pockets. After that we just got talking, exchanged numbers and its just gone from there. We've been together for four months (it was four months on friday).
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMp9jzI/]
[/url]
Amanda20

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:03 pm

That was really cool electronic girl. I just had to say lol
Ive been with my finance for 7 years now. We met on the chat thing ICQ. I had only just started using the internet and i met him. I lived in Adelaide and he lived in Mt. Gambier. We were talking every night and had lots of fun. I would get butterflies when he came online lol.
We had been talking for a few months and then he sort of asked me out even tho we hadn't met or anything. One night he called me and his voice was so deep and sounded so cute lol. I was 14, almost 15 when we met and he was 17 i think.
He had family living up here and came up in the school holidays so we decided to meet up in a busy shopping center. I missed my bus and was running heaps late and was lucky that he stuck around and waited for me. We hit it off and spent as much of the holidays together as we could and then after that one of us would travel to see each other. We were lucky that our parents were ok with us to do it.
He was always there for me after losing my mum and drove up the night he found out. and was there for me when i lost my dad as well. He was always there for me when i was suffering depression and pretty much saved my life. If it wasn't for him i probably wouldn't be here today..

After he finished year 12 his mum decided to move to Melbourne for a job and he was given to choice to go or stay there or come to Adelaide. He choose Adelaide and lived with my family for a bit until he got his own place.
We lived together from when i was almost 18 and we got engaged in January this year. He was so sweet. He asked e at the cemetery on my dads anniversary of his death while we were putting flowers up there. he said he wanted to turn a bad day into a good day :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:41 pm

I met my husband on a blind date on Valentines Day through the Red Cross Computer Ball (now called Desperate and Dateless). I don' t think it was love at first sight for me - but he did grow on me (obviously!!!!!). I never laid eyes on him until that night (awwwww) and 14 years later and 2 daughters later we are still together and still very much in lurve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:22 pm

Ahhh good old ICQ, Tanya :D I used to live on there when I was a teenager :D Before the MSN days! That's a really sweet story of how you met your fiancee :D

Hey where abouts in Adelaide are you ? If you don't want to say on here, PM me :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby HappyBella55 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:35 pm

tanya wrote: He asked e at the cemetery on my dads anniversary of his death while we were putting flowers up there. he said he wanted to turn a bad day into a good day :D

awww that is so sweet and thoughtful of him :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby lng86 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:46 pm

I'll post my story (again) and then comment!

We actually met online. I've really never told many people (except my Mum and sister) that!!! We met September 11, 2006 on chat avenue. We were both meant to be studying... But I guess I was feeling a little lonely, and googled chat rooms. We only spoke for a minute or so... But I felt something. Anyways, we exchanged numbers! Jye lived in Melbourne at the time... But was planning on moving here to build his career. I knew I was in love within a week of us talking. There was just something... It was unexplainable.

Jye moved up to Sydney in January this year... Yet we didn't meet until 11th of June, 2007. I just couldn't! I had a bad break up beforehand... Which ultimately led me to put on about 30kg in a year... And I just didn't trust men. I knew that us meeting would make me vulnerable and I was scared. I was scared of everything!!! But he stuck by me... Through September to June. He was determined to show me that he was real... and that this was real. What man does that?!?!

I was out with my girlfriend on the 11th of June for dinner and a movie... And just contacted Jye randomly and told him to be at mine at midnight. We met! It was wonderful! He was even more gorgeous in person... And to be honest - he had never seen a picture of me!!! EVER! I was embarrassed about what I looked like... I know I'm pretty - but weight causes emotional and physical barriers. But - Jye made me feel so comfortable and so beautiful. The first thing he said to me after we met (he was playing with my left hand) was how beautiful an engagement ring would look on my finger. I knew from that second that this is for real. I just wish I hadn't doubted myself for so long - I wasted 9 long months!!!

To be honest, meeting online was the best thing possible in my situation. We became best friends before meeting... And we were so open and honest with everything. I knew who I was falling in love with. The only thing we had was words - so we used them to the best of our ability. Now we are just enjoying eachother's company... Enjoying just lying in one another's arms and not saying a thing. Or exploring Sydney! So far we've been to the zoo, to Avoca for a weekend away, to the Blue Mountains, to Balmoral beach, on a walk from Balmoral to Clifton Gardens, on a Harbour Cruise and many more things. It's so fun exploring this city and letting our guard down!

So - a word of advice - be open to love... In any form! You never know how it will find you!!!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby lng86 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:50 pm

Nikki - I love your story... But it made me cry!!! Love is so beautiful and so sacred... And I'm glad you found the one (out of several!!!) for you!

Carmen - I have said this to you before... But girl - you are planning my wedding!!! You looked absolutely stunning. Unbelievable! I'm in awe.

I can't wait for all of you single ladies to find a man that is deserving of your love. Bella, you especially, because I only want the best for you! Move to Sydney... I'll hook you up!!!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby oostevens » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:55 pm

i will have to post a link to my wedding pics too :s if i can remember it

oooh found it :)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5021&id=613279226
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:44 pm

I love these stories about how people meet the loves of their lives. makes you feel all warm and fuzzy :D
I dont like ICQ anymore like i did when i was a teenager. The last time i put it on my computer i just had all these random guys msging me with rude comments and things. Not like it used to be lol.
[/url]

tanya

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:46 pm

Forgot to say that your link didnt work for me oostevens...
[/url]

tanya

Postby oostevens » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:29 pm

drat....did it ask u to login or soemthing? what did it say
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:31 pm

Yes I tried as well and it asks you to log in!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby oostevens » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:32 pm

[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting