It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:22 am

Free Newsletter

How did you meet your significant other

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby oostevens » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:35 pm

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5021&l=93077&id=613279226

ok sorry guys this one is correct :p left off a number or two :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby lng86 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:04 pm

Breathtaking!!!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:20 pm

Ohhh you look stunning, girl!!! What beautiful pictures!!! Your hubby is a spunk too, if you don't mind me saying!!! You make a gorgeous looking couple :)
zeedeveelgirl

Postby sharmie » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:33 pm

I met my fiance at school. We had three classes toegther in grades 11 and 12, when i first met him i thought he was arrogant and rude. The during chemistry oneday he was giving his e-mail adddress to one of his mates and i just kinda wrote it down and added him to my MSN. for about a week we would talk for hours eveynight about anything and everything and then he asked me out, online, and we've been together ever since. Turned out he wasn't arrogent or rude, he is really a very sweet, very kind, old fashioned guy. he proposed while we were getting ready for a party with all our friends he used a pretty but rather gawdy ring, but little did i know that he sneakily was planning on taking me out shopping to choose my own ring! Its a sinlgle stone 18ct white gold brilliant cut 36 points diamond, its G grade with no visible inclusions. His mum used to manage a goldmark store so he is very well trained. :oops: We weren't even home when our guests started to arrive! :P

I found out later that he had asked my parents permission before he proposed, but he hadn't told his parents! he decided to surprise them at his dads 50th birthday party. He flaunted my hand around for and hour before he decided to tell his future brother in law who he asked to keep it a secret, which he did. Then he decided to tell his sister who yelled out "what, omg michael's engaged. his mum then slapped him and after that gave him a big hug. We've been engaged for over a year now and have been together for four years this november. He was my first boyfriend :oops:
Sharmie :wink:

sharmie

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:44 pm

Your wedding photos are georgeous oostevens. Love your dresss :D
Such a sweet story Sharmie :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:38 pm

AWWW Sharmie, that's beautiful :D :D What a lovely story, he sounds like a sweetheart and a total keeper :D You're a lucky girl! But he's a lucky man too!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby madeline » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:36 am

Rach, what gorgeous photos... I hope mine turn out like that one day :D You looked radiant <3

What a cute story Sharm :)
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby electrongirl » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:44 am

aaawwwww guys!!

You all have such great stories!!!

And Rachel, you are a stunning bride!! And the girls are right, you hubby is pretty spunky!!

I want to hug you all and jump around all happy!! I love it when people are in love and all happy!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby oostevens » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:06 am

ha ha ha jumping and hugging and happiness.....how fun
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Tummygirl » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:55 pm

Well being only new to this site today i guess i could tell you about my man!

We have been together for 18 months and I must say its been the best 18 months of my life!!!

Funnily enough we started talking on the internet but this was back in 2001. We added eachother to MSN and spoke off and on but nothing serious. A few years past and he just became one of those people you have on msn but never speak to.

One sunday afternoon he popped up to say hello and said we should finally meet. Nervously i said yes because i had met guys off the net beofre but nothing ever striked a spark with me.

To cut a long story short we met up and have been togehter ever since!!

But I believe in Soul mates thats for sure!!!
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby Ally » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:17 am

I stood next to my hubbie for about 2 hours at a youth group meeting....we didn't speak to each other at all as we were both quite shy.....he laughed at my joke that I cracked however...so that was a good start!! LOL when everyone left I said to my that he was a bit of a honey.... :D .....we bumped into each other over a few months (now you have to understand we were going to a particular church at the time, that had a church on either side of the river and it was just NOT done that 2 people got together from separate churches....yes pathetic I know.....) however me being headstrong said "stuff that" and we ended up one night going to the movies and then up on mt Archer (with his brother and sister) but I came home that night and I said to my mum "this is the man I am to marry"......unbeknown to me, he had said the same thing to his sister on their way home....6 months later after much controversy between the 2 churches & his mother and family, we left that church and 3 months later we were happily married....his mother gave us 6 months (the lovely christian that she is) and well we now have 4 beautiful children and have been married for 13 1/2 years and our love for each other is stronger than ever!!

Not the most romantic get together, but it taught us a brilliant lesson.....to fight for the one you love, sometimes you have to swim against the tide....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby oostevens » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:55 am

with my husband, i had written a list of all the atributes i wanted in a man. Mainly personality, there were a few about hight and weight :P but nothing about how he looked. I mentioned in my list values, interests etc. Some of the points were:

loved working with youth
guitarist and or singer
taller than me
protective
got on great with my sis and bro
smarter than me :p
old fashioned
caring
puts God first
more heart led than money
and more

I had also given up on guys cos every guy i liked rejected me.

I made a lil deal with God (scary thing to do) that i will not like or date a guy for 1mth.

Then Ryan came along.....i started liking him, but stuck to my no dating for 1mth. And he abided by it, so the 1st of April we became bf and gf.

Now for the list, my husband has played guitar for 20yrs, we were both youth leaders at a past church, he hates me going anywhere alone cos he wants to protect me, my sis loves him and gets on so well, my brother respects him and loves hanging out with us, he is very intelligent, he always opened the door for me, in the car and everywhere else, he is a christian :) he is taller than me :) and as of recently, he is now a singer :)

Hows that for amazing!

He also told me, that before he met me, he prayed for a wife! And i came along...

Wow it all still gives me shivers :) and goosebumps :)

How could anyone say we were not made for each other :P
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:55 am

I met my bloke at a farewell party for a mutual friend. I had planned on going out and just having fun, not worrying about "finding" someone, and hey presto one fell into my lap. We had a few "dates" out to cradle, and various other places and just kept seeing each other. Then he got ill and I stayed over too look after him and never really went home. We've also had a few rough patches, and I had a few issues to work on, but we have both grown so much in our relationship and still make each other laugh and both feel just completely comfortable with each other. Been together 6years, got engaged on our 5th anniversary out to dinner at the revolving restaurant at Wrest Point censored
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Amanda20 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:16 am

Butterfly_Dawn wrote:he got ill and I stayed over to look after him and never really went home.

Lol. Thats so cute. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMp9jzI/]
[/url]
Amanda20

Previous

Return to Just Chatting