It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:34 am

Free Newsletter

Music!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Music!

Postby Bread-Monster » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:56 pm

There's probably a thread here already, but here's a new one.

what kind of music is everyone into?

I'm currently listening to Beethoven. I was listening to Bach and one of the songs nearly made me cry. Whoa. Classical music does to me sometimes. I LOVE classical (not a big fan of opera though).

I listen to alot of metal, my favourite being Power metal. Bands like Blind Guardian, Rhapsody and Dragonforce. Death metal is good to study to such as Slechtvalk and Arch Enemy. I like the combination of metal and classical in Nightwish and Haagard. Jazz and folk music is awesome too. I love oldies and 70s rock as well.

Not a fan of hip hop or rap in the slightest. Old RnB was fabulous, new RnB is rubbish. Country is tolerable only because the lyrics are hilarious and sometimes have a lot of deep meaningful stuff in them. Pop is also tolerable. Techno is only tolerable when alcohol is involved. German techno is mildly tolerable without alcohol.

Again, Classical is the best. IT's emotional, powerful and complex. Everytime I listen to a really good composition every cell in my body would tingle and I would physically shiver. No other type of music does that to me or even bring me close to tears.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby oostevens » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:54 pm

Well i am into a lot of diff things.

I love bands, such as Sugarcult, All AMerican Rejects, Kings of Leon, Boys Like Girls, Hellogoodbye, Matchbox 20, MCR, the Hush Sound, Paramore (chick singer!), Nirvana um.....

I also like some that are a lil more girly :P such as dixie chicks, and westlife hehe.

Um i love michael buble, he has an amazing voice, i also love old music , mainly jazz, but also good old favourites :p

I also appreciate classical music, i am a musician myself and so is the husband so we have a high appreciation for GOOD music :P

I dont like RnB or Rap or Dance/Techno.

I dont have many chicks that i am into, musically, i do appreciate hilary duff, only because she isnt like the other women in music and she is gorgeous! But I love strong voices, not those ones that all sound the same, i love uniqueness.

I love a great beat, and awesome guitarwork, also bass is good to :p

I hate saxophones!!!

Yeah....um....if i think of anything else :p i will say so hehe

But i love loud, energetic, rock the most :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby electrongirl » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:44 pm

My music taste is really wide:

Favs include:

Coldplay, Regina Spektor, Fedde Le Grande, Justin TImberlake, U2, Radiohead, The Beatles, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Pink, Gwen Stefani, Smashing Pumpkins, David Bowie, Queen...

so so many. I love all music except bubblegum pop, rap and jazz. I also can't stand people like Celine Dion, Mariah Carey etc....
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby madeline » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:03 pm

I am proud to be into r&b and hip hop (anything on channel V or MTV). Also love "doof doof" dance music hehe
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby talia11 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:26 pm

hmmmm I like pretty much everything except rap which I used to listen to all the time when I was young - not too much of a fan anymore.
Now I mostly like Country (Keith Urban, Tim McGraw, Phil Vassar), and am listening to alot of Maroon 5, JT, alot of 80's stuff.
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby shelbel » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:36 pm

Well im a rock/metal chick 8)

I love love love slipknot they hype me up everytime probably because its just chaos! Im so peeved i missed seeing them last time they were over. Um what else, Rob Zombie,Korn, mudvayne, Bloodsimple, chevelle, SOAD, Disturbed,Godsmack, and the list goes on!

"Softer" stuff, the butterfly effect, breaking benjamin, HIM, the black label society etc

Older stuff i like the doors, eagles, alice cooper, gunners, metallica.

And id rather drive nine inch nails into my spine then listen to R&B or hip hop! LOL But im sure their are lots of folks who feel that way about my kinda music :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby madeline » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:45 pm

shelbel wrote:And id rather drive nine inch nails into my spine then listen to R&B or hip hop! LOL But im sure their are lots of folks who feel that way about my kinda music :D

Ha funny. :o :D hehe it's good music for booty shakin' and hooning around in cars with boys, and that's what I do best :wink:
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby shelbel » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:23 pm

I will give R&B one thing though, its sexy to dance to, or maybe thats because ive had a fewdrinks and only THINK im dancing sexy hahahaha
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

shelbel

Postby Chelle » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:55 am

I listen to Rock, bands like SHIHAD formally known as pacifier, HIM, Foo Fighters, Within Temptation, Evanecence, Nivana, linkin Park, Greenday, wolfmother the list goes on
Chelle

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:00 am

Im with Mads, Rap and Hip hop all the way ;)
Favs are- Lil Kim, Notorious BIG, Xzibit, Dr. Dre, 50 cent, old eminem stuff...and pretty much whatever is on MTV I can get my groove on to ;) Some pop-ish stuff is ok, but I prefer rap and hip hop, dont mind Justin Timberlake, Jay Z, Outkast, Beyonce, some Britney stuff, some Christina stuff :D
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby sassi » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:06 am

shelbel wrote:
And id rather drive nine inch nails into my spine then listen to R&B or hip hop! LOL But im sure their are lots of folks who feel that way about my kinda music :D
is that some sort of weird trent reznor obsession? :P
sassi

Postby shelbel » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:12 am

Huh what?? Just used that expression as a refence to nine inch nails!! LOL

Chelle, great to see someone else here has heard of and likes HIM!! And i love shihad/pacifer!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby sassi » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:22 am

it was a very poor attempt at a joke :cry: :lol:

i used to love NIN, but haven't really listened to their stuff in year. i used to be into lots of industrial/goth music.
sassi

Postby shelbel » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:24 am

Oh i missed it! Der fred! :oops:

What do you like now sassi?? :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby sassi » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:32 am

hehe

i guess more punk if i had to label it. but i like a mixture of music really. :)
sassi

Next

Return to Just Chatting