It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:27 am

Free Newsletter

It annoyed me

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

It annoyed me

Postby help6363 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:00 am

Hey

I binge ate!

Why? Stupid, ex boyfriend called to inform me that he will be marrying the beautiful woman he left me for.

Why did he call me? He is not inviting me to the wedding?

The whole time he is dribbling on and telling me that he is thankful that I paid for him to go to uni and that he did not have to work because now he can 'afford' a beautiful wife. AAAArrrrrrrgggghhhhh!

Anyway, I called a friend who likes to eat and asked her join me. She did....love that gal!!! She never diets...... Anway, I told her the information and I said.....

I can not lose weight

she said cross out the word cannot and write chose, the sentence should read .....I chose not to lose weight.

For some reason it's annoying me!

I asked her where she got this lovely little idea from and she said it came from a movie called Dangerous Minds.

What does everyone think of this idea?

Is it annoying me cause it's true?

Thanks! :D
help6363

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:53 am

yep gotta love michelle pfeiffer.

i am a firm believer that we make our own choices in life. how has hearing what your mate said make you feel?
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:31 pm

Sorry to hear about your ex-boyfriend what a jerk sound's like that you are better off without him anyway..

I think it is annoying you cause well I believe it's true. Like Kate said you make your own choices in life & life it self has many choices you have to decide you either buckle down & make the right choice in exercise & dieting & decipline everyday at the end of the day the scales will go down instead of up. But if you chose to have that chocolate bar or not exercise because you dont fell like it that is your choice.

For example myself for the last 2 weeks I lost my motivation with watching what I ate, counting calories & only did a minium exercise I chose not to do that because I couldn't be bothered, now I gained a little bit of weight so now come back to reality & get back to lose the Kg that I gained plus a little bit more with a mini goal.
Chelle

Postby rivenriver » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:22 am

Stupid Ex.

He deserves to be [insert nasty ideas here]ed!!!!

Next time you see him, call him a poo head from me!!! Yes, be that juvenile! It wasn't you who said it, it was me!!!

But yeah, know it's not what you want to hear, but your friend is right. Though that said, although it's a choice, it's not an easy thing to do. You can choose to do the hard thing or the easy thing. Most of the time people choose easy, cos the hard option is VERY hard. It's still a choice though.
rivenriver

Postby SarahC » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:34 pm

Maybe it's not so much a choice to lose weight or not, but a decision. You decided that you could not lose weight, therefore the choices you make every day will reflect that decision.

What if you were to scrap that decision and make a new one right now.... "I CAN lose weight"... or "I AM losing weight". How would your actions be different?
SarahC

Postby Bread-Monster » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:01 pm

I remember watching an episode of Bleach and the main character had a challenge to face. He wanted to rescue his friend who was set to be executed and he was training to fight and save her. The lines in the movie were:

"There is fear in your movements. Fear of being cut, fear of death, fear that you will not be able to protect the ones you love. That is why you falter. If you think 'I WILL cut you, I WILL Kill you, I WILL protect someone', your actions will follow through."

Well, that was loose translation from Japanese, and Bleach is a silly, annoying anime, but that quote was pretty powerful.

"I WILL lose weight. I WILL NOT let that jerk piss me off. I WILL perservere, I WILL respect my body". It may be a subconscious choice of you not wanting to lose weight, but you have to keep making the conscious choice to lose weight.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Return to Just Chatting