It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:54 am

Free Newsletter

*Holiday Discussion*

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

*Holiday Discussion*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:31 pm

HI Everyone :)

as some of you know Mick myself and Heidi are going up the qld next year for a holiday. we wont have to pay for accomodation because we are going to stay with my sisters at hervey bay, and my other sister at burpengary. we will contribute towards food etc. we are hoping to do probably 1 or 2 theme parks and also Australia Zoo. We are going to be driving up I was just wondering if anyone has some idea or suggestions as to how much we should put away for this?. we are hoping to go up for 2 weeks. we have already got some money put away for it but dont wanna get up there and scrimp and save and get back thinking 'oh i wish we could have done this or that but we didnt have enough money'. im gunna leave heidi with mick at my sisters one night whilst i go into the city and spend the night at jen's place :)
kate_turner2000

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:41 pm

oh and even if you have never been there on a holiday if you were going how much would put aside for it
kate_turner2000

Postby loveat116 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:47 pm

hey kate.

The 3 Park Superpass saves a bit of money with the theme parks, but Heidi is a bit young and you might not like rides much!

If your not paying for accommodation, look at all the costs that you DO know (Australia Zoo, Theme Parks, Petrol, Other Accommodation) and then set a daily amount for each day for food and buying other things.

So if it were me going, I would say $50 a day for food and travelling costs. Then my spending money (clothes and other things) at however much I wanted to spend.

I probably did not help! Wow you'll have fun, I love Queensland
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby ali » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:59 pm

All I have to say is beware of those theme parks, the money creeps up with those things! Im sure you can find out the cost of entry online, but Im sure you've already done that because you are so organised! Also, the cost of food at theme parks is sooo expensive, so beware. Its probably best to pack your own food and water bottles and take them with you. And dont forget the sunscreen! Hehe.

Well, if you work out approx how many kms you will be travelling round trip then you can work out a rough estimate of petrol costs depending on how much it costs to run your car. And just think about how much it costs you a week to feed your family, plus a bit extra because you will probably be eating out when on holidays, and the costs tend to creep up!

Im not any good at this, my only advance is work out a rough estimate and then take a bit more, because as seems to be the case on every holiday, an unexpected expense will pop up out of nowhere!

I hope you have a great time, sounds awesome! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:16 pm

Yep definely take your own food and drink to theme parks and for the trip up there. Things to put money away for
Meals each day for u all
entry into theme parks
spending money at theme parks
money if u want to do any shopping- markets r awesome in qld and cheaper.
Fuel to qld and back and to drive around.
how much u need to give ur sister
hmm not sure what else.
im heading up to qld in march next so we're gonna have about $3000-5000 , as we'll be paying for a hotel and i love shopping up there so much that i will need spare money
soon2bayummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:07 pm

thanks girls for the advice its really given me something to think about. we have decided we will be buying meals whilst at the theme parks because its only once in a lifetime we are going and want to make the most of it. we might even have a big breakie and maybe even pack snack stuff for the day and then have a big dinner after we leave. with our NRMA membership and the fact that micks dad works for australia post we can get discounts to the theme parks and so on so thats a bonus. with heidi being under 3 i think she is free to some theme parks. of course my family will be joining us so we can take turns watching heidi. australia zoo is something for HER on the holiday as she loves animals and ive been to australia zoo before and its way better than taronga. i think that the most expensive thing will be spending money. thank god we dont have to pay for accomodation and a hire car etc, otherwise id rather go overseas on a holiday! LOL. if you come up with any other ideas or suggestions let me know, ive noticed a lot of people on here are going on holidays so its good for everyone to know these things :)
kate_turner2000

Postby oostevens » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:19 pm

i live in burpengary HA HA and queensland :P

just becareful foodwise at those parks. One i think doesnt let u take ur own stuff in, i think it was dreamworld, but that may have changed and their foods cost a bit! so when u can take ur own lunch, i'd say do it :)

um.... i dunno wat else to say, what are u going to do besides the theme parks while u are here?
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby help6363 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:40 am

kate_turner2000 wrote:thanks girls for the advice its really given me something to think about. we have decided we will be buying meals whilst at the theme parks because its only once in a lifetime we are going and want to make the most of it. we might even have a big breakie and maybe even pack snack stuff for the day and then have a big dinner after we leave. with our NRMA membership and the fact that micks dad works for australia post we can get discounts to the theme parks and so on so thats a bonus. with heidi being under 3 i think she is free to some theme parks. of course my family will be joining us so we can take turns watching heidi. australia zoo is something for HER on the holiday as she loves animals and ive been to australia zoo before and its way better than taronga. i think that the most expensive thing will be spending money. thank god we dont have to pay for accomodation and a hire car etc, otherwise id rather go overseas on a holiday! LOL. if you come up with any other ideas or suggestions let me know, ive noticed a lot of people on here are going on holidays so its good for everyone to know these things :)

Have fun on your holiday....... Sorry I cannot offer any advice about budgeting, it's NOT a strong point of mine lol.
help6363

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:50 am

we are just going to drive up, im going to see Jen (a member on this forum) we will spend a few days with my sister are burpen and then drive up to hervey bay. my step brother lives in gympie (so does my ex :evil: ) so will probably drop in there for a visit- not to stay overnight though. stay in hervey bay one or two nights, go back to burpen, go to aus zoo, and we are thinking dream world, my in laws are going to take their holidays at the same time and rent out a unti in burleigh heads so on the way back we will stay with them a couple of nights and they might shout us to movieworld- we hope! and then head home. the trip up and down will be done in a day so we dont have to stop and pay for accomodation along the way. this is our first family holiday, it will be mid next year so it wont be very hot but it will be nice. we wont be going in school holidays though.
kate_turner2000

Postby vanessa0305 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:52 am

John and I are going away for a dirty weekend on the gold coast. We leave on Saturday the 27th and get back Monday the 29th. We have decided to do one theme park...dreamworld and white water world. It was $140 for both of us threw our auto club and we have bought them already so we don't have to worry about having the money at the time. We are also going to Conrad Jupiter's for a show. Our accommodation on the gold coast we got through last minute. Hope you have a great time. I would be thinging $1000 a week for while you're away.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:57 am

thanks vanessa hope you have a wonderful weekend away it sounds exciting! thank god the censored isnt for me but i reckon mick would love it LOL lucky we are taking heidi with us! $1000 a week seems right to us too and was what we had originally budgeted for. thanks!
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:07 pm

have an awesome time kate! do u have a credit card just incase u do run out of cash? holidays dont come around often so make the most of it, pay $10 for a burger at a theme park and enjoy every last bite hehe
ive been asking the same questions lately, only mines a cruise so im spending 2/3's of my holiday on a boat but most people say budget for about $100 a day, but since u will be eating home cooked meals with your rellies sometimes u could go for less than that
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:14 pm

thanks jewles :) yeah we have a credit card so will keep that handy. :) i spoke to my sister today and she said that she is really excited and will have her new spa in by then and that we dont have to pay anything. it should be fun
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:43 am

I would say 2000 to 2500 for the 2 weeks depending on how much you want to shop & if you go out to dinner a few times. How exciting.
Chelle

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:46 am

If you're staying at someone's house, make all your food yourself as far as possible. You would be amazed how much money that saves (the bloke does that when he goes away for work and then he gets most of the "food" money in cash :wink: )

Try to write a list of the things you REALY want to see and the things you REALLY want to get souveneer wise, then try not to be tempted by random bits of 'junk' you would otherwise spend your casho on.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Next

Return to Just Chatting