It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:44 am

Free Newsletter

*Holiday Discussion*

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Cass101 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:47 am

From all the replies I think I have over budgeted for my holiday! (Not a bad thing really). I'm putting 7500 away (and aiming for 10,000 by Mid feb when holiday is). We are driving from Vic boarder up through central qld to Darwin and back down via Adelaide. We have set up the 4x4 as a camper so most accommodation is covered. Spending 3-4 nights at a 5 star hotel in Darwin. Its 3 wks so what does everyone think, am I being over cautious?
Start 99kg
Current 86.6kg
1st Goal 85
2nd " 75
3rd " 65
END 58 - 60kg!

Postby Mandie » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:06 pm

I'm not sure.. I think it's best to be over-cautious than under - worst case scenario, you have too much money and then you can either do extra things/splurge on a nice dinner while away, or come home with extra money left over! Win win!

I've done a fair bit of travelling, but it was always backpacking really, without much of a solid plan, and I tended to go budget budget (as in dorm rooms and supermarket food) and just travel until I ran out of money. I'm not convinced I know how to budget for a proper holiday! :oops:

Postby milkyway » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:13 pm

It's been so long since I travelled anywhere that wasn't a third world country that it's hard for me to think what the expenses of travelling in Australia might be! Heh heh... But I reckon $1000 sounds just about right. You'll have a ball, Kate. I reckon you're going at a good time of year - don't have to worry about being overcrowded or too hot :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby Chelle » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:01 pm

It good that you arnt going in holiday season so the lines wont be to big Kate when you go to the theme parks.

CASS- I think it is better to be over budgeted then under budgetered & cut your vacation short. It is hard to judge a holiday when you have never done anything like that before. You could always find a travel forum & see if that is enoough money.

Postby ISparkyI » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:00 am

Lucky bugger . .

I was there in February this year for 10 days and had an absolute ball . . you will love it . . you obviously staying in Surfers Paradise right ?

The kids will love the Water Park which should be in the 3park pass if you're getting it . . heaps for them to do and at the end they usually have a movie . . where you can sit back in the pool.

All the best to ya Kate.

Nothing Ventured . . Nothing Gained . . .

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:55 am

hey shaun

nah i wont be staying in surfers (did a few years ago and loved it) however my sister lives just out of brisbane so i will be staying with her, and then head to hervey bay to stay with my other sister and a good friend from this forum lives in brisbane so ill go and stay a night with her at her apartment. we will ahve our car so we can go where we want. we are just going to do the one theme park- dreamworld and australia zoo. heidi will still be 2years old when we go so we cant really let her go off on her own at wet n wild LOL. ive done movieworld and seaworld before and didnt like them as much as dreamworld. im so excited about going.

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:49 pm

Hey kate im not a big budget persn either but if u are worried about maxing out the credit card u could get a bopo card . This is exactly like a credit card but can only use the money thats in it . I have one here for emergncy and it is good because i know i cant go over whats in it . It can be used anywhere the same as a card . u can apply for it online and put the holiday money savings in that
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:55 pm

good idea jules i will definately have a look into it. that way we dont need to touch any other money in our other accounts by using other cards to pay for things - we just use the one card.

Return to Just Chatting