It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:18 am

Free Newsletter

Not Real Good Lap Band Results?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Not Real Good Lap Band Results?

Postby kanee » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:12 pm

Just wondering if anyone out there has had the LAP BAND Surgery and is not really happy with the results they are getting and the lifstyle changes.?
kanee

Postby Chelle » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:09 pm

There has been one person that I know of that has had that surgery done you could find her in the before & after pic's & pm her to see her thoughts on it. I think try & lose weight by yourself & if last result then get the surgery done it is a pretty big decision & there are risk's involved in having the surgery including dying. Talk to your doctor & family about what there thought's are. It's not a quick fix thing to losing weight. But what ever you decide goodluck.
Chelle

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:23 am

Most of the people I know of who have had it done stress that in order for it to work you MUST make the same kinds of changes you would make to lose weight without it (good eating, exercise) but the band just makes the eating side a little easier (but not impossible to screw up either).
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby MissE » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:04 pm

I know 3 people who have it, 2 are unhappy and one is thrilled but the 2 that are unhappy thought it was a magic cure and havent changed anything and have even learned how to get around the effects of the band in order to eat the kind of stuff its supposed to stop you eating.
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby rivenriver » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:47 pm

MissE wrote:I know 3 people who have it, 2 are unhappy and one is thrilled but the 2 that are unhappy thought it was a magic cure and havent changed anything and have even learned how to get around the effects of the band in order to eat the kind of stuff its supposed to stop you eating.

That seems silly. Doesn't that just defeat the whole point of the surgery? Don't they realise that?
rivenriver

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:29 am

I think no matter what tool you use to lose weight, you have to actually really want to put in the hard yards - obviously these people weren't to that stage
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Just Chatting