It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:40 am

Free Newsletter

Oh my good lord... (a vent)

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Oh my good lord... (a vent)

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:09 pm

Oh my good lord... what a day... can it be over now, PLEASE!??!?!

First of all, I woke up at 6am with a migraine, couldn't get back to sleep properly after that.. Felt disgusting and sick to my stomach all day...

Then, I took Mum to the bus stop to catch the bus to the airport (she insisted that I shouldn't take her to the airport in peak hour and that she didn't mind catching the bus seeing as she only had a back pack to carry. Now, in said back pack were some extremely important documents (originals of birth certificates, marriage licenses, emigration papers, passports) for my brother so that he could go ahead with getting Mum's, his and my EU citizenship.

Anyway, all is well, Mum asked me to drop her off at another entrance of the shopping mall a few mins drive from the bus stop so she could get a bottle of water from Coles on her way through. My phone starts ringing as I drive off. I thought "meh it's probably someone about a job, they'll leave a message" cos there was no where good to pull over. I head down a road I always go down, it's 50km/hr speed limit along it but d*ckheads are ALWAYS driving up your bum and trying to overtake you. I had one of these d*ckheads so I make sure I'm doing 50 and smile merrily along. He catches up with me at the top of the road, I'm turning left, he's turning right, and starts shouting at me "YOUR BAG, YOUR BAG! IT'S IN THE DOOR! PULL OVER!" so I pull over once I'm safely round the corner.
What the? I can't see any bag? I open the passenger door and out falls the plastic buckles from Mum's bag. Uh oh. I check my phone - 4 missed calls from Mum. She rings again absolutely HYSTERICAL and in tears and I have to drive a fair way before I can do a U-Turn and head back and try to find the bag. Luckily it was just on the corner where the guy had told me about it. So I parked and absolutely sprinted to get it, Mum ringing me again screaming "WHERE ARE YOU WHERE ARE YOU!?" and I went and got her and drove to the bus stop, bus was pulling away just as we got there. No matter, I said I'd drive her to the air port. She was like an hour and a half early anyway because the next bus would've gotten her in only just before her flight.

So Mum is in the car going crazy and crying and saying "I don't want to go, I don't want to go, those papers are cursed. It's an omen" and I'm trying to get her to calm down. Dad rings (oh I love his timing) and she tells him what happens. And then I hear her say "No it's not, it's my fault!!"
Ex-cuse me?
She says it again. "It's my fault, I got the straps caught in her door! Don't say that"
I went ballistic, yelling and swearing and telling him to get f*cked if that's what he thought. I got really upset.
And people wonder why I don't get along with my Dad.

Anyway, we got to the air port without any dramas and that was that.. I just felt like having a vent.
The good part - I wasn't going to go to Combat class tonight at gym because I felt so sick to my stomach, but it seems the drama of this afternoon and my little sprint to get the bag as well as my father being a total TOOL has totally put me in the mood for it!!! So I shall go to the gym and I shall imagine it is him that I'm punching and kicking the living daylights out of!!!

Sorry if this post offends anyone, by the way!

Postby milkyway » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:26 pm

What a day, Em! OMG - so much drama in a such a short period of time! Coulda been worse... could've been the dog's leash caught in the door :P

I don't think that was anyone's fault - just one of those things that happened. And bless the tailgater - I had to laugh at that one because a similar thing happened to me once, only it was my car boot open!

I hope you're feeling better. Body Combat should sort you out. Only 6.5 hours until the day is officially over...
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:40 pm

I know San, I know!!! I did surprise myself with how fast I sprinted to that bag tho :P :P

Yeah it wasn't anyone's fault, I was just so angry that Dad would even suggest it was mine!!!! Mum kept saying "He didn't mean it, he didn't mean it!" and I was like yeah ok..

I honestly thought the guy just wanted me to speed up :( Cos last night on that same road my sister was driving Mum and I to dinner and someone was tailgating us and she slowed right down to 50 on the dot, so I thought of that :( :(

Have decided to do RPM instead of Combat, because I want to be home earlier (RPM finishes at 6:30 whereas Combat is just starting then). Either way I'm sure I'll get a great workout :D

Thanks for reading my vent, hun :P

Postby Mandie » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:50 pm

Wow, what a day! I'm glad it worked out in the end.. your mum made it to the airport on time I assume?

That's a good attitude - work out your anger on exercise! Then you can't be mad at your Dad anymore, because he motivated you to go to the gym! (well.. sorta!)

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:51 pm

Yeah she made it fine :) Lucky she'd allowed plenty of time seeing as the airport buses don't run that often.. I smsed her and told her to make sure she smsed me when she got there safe.. Said I was sorry and that I loved her. I started feeling pretty bad about it after a while!!!

Hehe I went to my RPM class, it was goooooood :D I really pushed myself so I'm all happy now!

Postby electrongirl » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:22 pm

Oh you poor thing!!!

God you must have been freaking out!! I know I would have.

And the fact that you went to RPM even after all that!! WOW! I would have collapsed into a heap!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby Chelle » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:51 pm

OMG what a day Em at least your mum made it to the aiport in one go & you retrived the bag. You dad must be like my step-dad we never got along until I moved out of home at the age of 17, I always got the blame for everything & it was alway's my fault.

All that anger built up, you must of had a great workout. At least at the end of the day you have a smile on your face.

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:59 pm

Oh I was so freaking out!! I was like omg what if someone picked up the bag?!?! And actually, just as I was getting to it, an elderly man had parked his car across the road and was coming over to it. So PHEW!!!

The adrenaline just absolutely fuelled me to go to gym!! I was soo pleased that I got there when I was so sure I wouldn't. A great workout for sure!!

It's not fun always being the bad guy, is it Chelle? :( :( Do you get along better with your dad now?

Postby Chelle » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:05 pm

As soon as I moved out of house he was a different person. We get along now but I still have the mermory & hold a grudge to how I was treated & coped the blame for everything. It isnt fun at all when it isnt your fault never anyone elses :(

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:16 pm

Wow, that's bizarre! Maybe he felt threatened by you? Were you close to your mum? I think that's what it is by my dad cos Mum and I are so close!

Postby Chelle » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:40 pm

Yeah deffinately close to mum, I find it hard to talk to him as it is now especially on the phone. I dont have anything in commom & sometimes I find it hard to have a consversation but it is definately better now since I've moved out.

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:22 am

Airports bring out the best in people don't they!! :roll:

In HongKong airport, my sis walked away from her passport which she'd left sitting on the ground. Luckily we were with my choir and someone picked it up for her. Then we had 2 typhoons and an earthquake on our trip. LOL Great fun
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby sassi » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:32 am

what a nice guy - so many people would have seen the bag and just figured there was nothing much they could do.

what an emotional trip tho!

hope today is a little more settled!!

Postby oostevens » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:25 am

awww hun i am ao sorry! i thought u needed to punch something or someone ;)

i wish i could give ya a hug!

i hate bad days like that, and things get worse and worse and then ya crack....and its all over.

Poor lil fella :p

But i am glad thats all over now :) How was your workout???? bet u put extra effort in :p

Today is a new and great day :)

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

Postby yummymummy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:31 pm

oh you poor thing, I hope your OK now

Return to Just Chatting