It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:25 am

Free Newsletter

*Christmas!!*

A place to post jokes and other fun stuff to give us a laugh.

Moderator: Moderators

*Christmas!!*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:07 am

60 DAYS 13 HOURS 53 MINUTES!

please answer :)

:arrow: have you started christmas shopping?
:arrow: what is going to be the best purchase you make?
:arrow: what do you want santa to bring you?
:arrow: what are your plans for christmas day?
:arrow: who will you be spending the christmas new years season with?
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:51 am

Okay. My family's Jewish, so I've never REALLY done the Christmas thing. Two years ago, I was in Ireland, and I spent Christmas with my catholic boyfriend and his catholic family and his mum gave me a crucifix necklace (she KNEW i was jewish lol).. so that was awkward :)

Last year, I was in Thailand with my friend Dan and her mum and sister.. that was nice, they all got me presents (and I got them some) and we stole a pot plant from the hotel lobby for our room and we decorated it with plastic bags.. lol!

This year - first Christmas with Joel... I have NO idea what to get him, and what I should buy his family members.. We're going to see his family in Adelaide in early December so need to get stuff for then!

I haven't even thought about starting shopping though! I guess I'm lucky, in that I don't get presents for my sister/parents or anyone, just Joel and his family..

Soo.. Have I started shopping? No.
Best purchase - hopefully whatever I get Joel.. hmm.
Santa - I'd like him to bring me something awesome :D
Christmas Day - not sure yet, usually go to my aunty and uncles place for a chilled out, non-denominational lunch
Cmas/New Years - with JOEL :D
Mandie

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:56 am

Oh god 60 days already??? :shock: geeez! LOL :P BUT I loooove christmas soo much :D
Ok-
sort of :D Well I have an idea about what I am going to get people, but I havent physically got it yet :) I know I am getting connor a basket ball ring and a mini- ish trampolene which he is going to love :D I try not to go too overboard with christmas...I think to an extent, the more you give your kids the more they expect, if u know what I mean? So those two big things and maybe some Pjs or jocks or something and a chocky stocking ;)
The b.ball ring! It has netting around it and a screen and it lights up and says 'nice shot buddy' and flashes when you get a goal...only cost me $65 at kmart :)
Liposuction! Liposuction! :lol: hahaha nah j/k uuummm I would like some new school supplies for tafe next year ;) or maybe some perfume or something :)
At the moment not much...family is scattered all over Aus, so probably just a BBQ with my parents and sisters at my mum's house
Connor! :D I dont drink or anything, so NYE is just a quiet one at home..I usually let connor stay up and watch the first lot of fireworks, then I stay up and watch the rest myself...sometimes can be pretty lonely, but Ill jump on here and share the silly season with all of my lovely cyber family :D (awww) lol :D xxx
Playboy_bunny

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:06 pm

Hey Kate, what about you??? :P
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby SarahC » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:12 pm

No, still two months to go!!

I don't know yet. Still two months to go!

I'm getting a new computer. For free too because my dad has a friend who builds computers as a hobby and he made one for me. No more ancient (when I say ancient, I mean three years old :roll: ) laptop!

Same as usual, lunch at my parents place with parents, sister and grandparents. Stuffing myself stupid, drinking too much and getting sick... same as usual hahahaha.

Christmas with family
New years with my friend who also lives in Werribee... plans yet to be decided :)
SarahC

Postby tanya » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:20 pm

Nope. Will leave it right to the last moment as i always do lol

Prolly something for my nephews. No idea what to get them yet..

Some cookbooks or a cooking dvd or something. I'm really wanting to get into cooking atm.

My sisters is having it at her house this year and i think she is expecting us to go there, but not completely sure.

Will prolly be a boring new years like always and just sit at home with Andrew.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:21 pm

arrr its coming up so quick
have you started christmas shopping? yep i got my self a playboy quilt set, a flower quilt set and hubby a pool cue set and the kids have clothes laybys on arrr
what is going to be the best purchase you make? im gonna get new clothes hmm a dress would make me soo happy but with me being short they never look good hmmm
what do you want santa to bring you? some new jewelry
what are your plans for christmas day? get up at like 5am and open all the pressie i wrapper for myself- i buy all my pressies for me from hubby and kids so i get what i want hehe
who will you be spending the christmas new years season with? hubby and kids.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:24 pm

have you started christmas shopping?

absolutely! all heidis presents are out of the way including her birthday presents (her bday is in december) and i have a couple of odds and ends for presents put away already. gotta buy some wrapping paper and still have to get some presents though. all my christmas cards are made (handmade) and ready to post :)

what is going to be the best purchase you make?

probably moo's trampoline which is a joint bday and xmas present. we were going to get her a swing set but she loves jumping on the beds so i think a tramp is better.

what do you want santa to bring you?

new clothes never go astray! some new shoes. maybe a couple of dvds. i have put in my order for the 90210 season 1 :)

what are your plans for christmas day?

usually every year we go and spend the morning with micks family and then the afternoon with my family but i am sick of all the running around its too tiring. so this year we are staying at home and people are welcome to drop in. we are going to be having xmas lunch cooked by moi just the three of us. i am cooking a baked christmas lunch and on christmas eve we are going to make shortbread (me and heidi) and we are going to watch the carols on tv :) its nice to start our own family traditions :)

who will you be spending the christmas new years season with?

probably boxing day we will head to micks mums place and spend the day with his parents and his sister and her family. no plans for new years yet but we will have to catch up with friends for drinks at some stage and also go to my mums for drinks (not that i drink).

*hey gracie ive spent new years on my own watching the fireworks on tv by myself before. it is very lonely and depressing, so make sure that you jump online or have a friend or family member with you this year to see the new year in :)
kate_turner2000

Postby rivenriver » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:30 pm

:arrow: have you started christmas shopping? Sort of. I had to get my pressies for my host family (from when I was an exchange student) in the mail a few weeks ago. But I haven't bought anything for anyone else.
:Arrow: what is going to be the best purchase you make? No idea!!! I hope to get my sister something cool though.
:Arrow: what do you want santa to bring you? Someone asked me that the other day. I don't know!!! Something that I didn't ask for (ie, a surprise) that is fun and that I can do something with. :)
:Arrow: what are your plans for christmas day? I want my parents to decide to have Christmas at our house this year. We'll host the family. I hope we do that, but if not probably we'll go down the coast to visit Nana and Granddad.
:Arrow: who will you be spending the christmas new years season with? My family, and hopefully some friends over new year. It depends what everyone else decides to do.
rivenriver

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:28 pm

Kate you are supermum :shock: lol

Yeah I will definately keep that in mind hun :) I will jump online NYE....maybe spend the night with my parents, they're party poopers like me too :) xxxx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby rivenriver » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:43 pm

Re: new years alone.

Last year my sister and I were home, and we kept wanting to do something but all our friends already had plans. So we watched the JTV countdown, but the first song played was the one we had all voted for, and the comment they read out was from my best friend!!! So we tried to spend the rest of the evening trying to call her, but there was no mobile reception. It was really funny, but also very boring, cos we wanted to be at a party or something.
rivenriver

Postby electrongirl » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:23 pm

have you started christmas shopping?
hahahaha... no thats what Christmas Eve is for!!

what is going to be the best purchase you make?
A plane ticket for my mum to come over here to spend it with us.

what do you want santa to bring you?
Not too hot weather

what are your plans for christmas day?
Spend it with hubby, Ashley & mum

who will you be spending the christmas new years season with?
The above!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby SarahC » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:32 pm

I rung in the new millenium all on my own. I was working, and finished early at about 11:30pm, so at midnight I was driving in my car on a freeway, middle of nowhere, pitch dark with not another car in sight. A few mins later another car came by and we flashed our lights up at each other, woo hoo :lol:
SarahC

Postby Chelle » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:01 pm

Of course I have I've almost finished buying for everyone I start buying in June. I have to with my kids & all my neices & step brother plus some B'day pressies in there as well.
A Trampoline for Josh & Braydon & a Skim board where you skim across the edge of the water & also down the sand dunnes at stockton beach.
Dont know yet I dont really want anything
Normally spend the day on our own or with warrens dad, but this year with living so close to sydney I think we are driving down for the day to spend the time with family & friends.
I dont know if friend's are comming up, but I'm going into newy to see the live bands on the grass & watch the fireworks then NYD driving down to sydney to head off to tuross heads with my boy's & I think mum's comming down as well waz has to work.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:46 pm

57 DAYS 9 HOURS 12 MINS
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Just for Fun