It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:21 am

Free Newsletter

Daft Jokes

A place to post jokes and other fun stuff to give us a laugh.

Moderator: Moderators

Daft Jokes

Postby Dolly » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:03 pm

Fred and his wife Edna went to the state fair every year. Every year Fred would say, "Edna, I'd like to ride in that there airplane" and every year Edna would say, "I know Fred but that airplane costs ten dollars and ten dollars is ten dollars."

One year Fred and Edna went to the fair and Fred said "Edna I'm 71 years old. If I don't ride that airplane this year I may never get another chance." Edna replied, "Fred that there airplane ride costs ten dollars, and ten dollars is ten dollars."

The pilot overheard them and said, "Folks, I'll make you a deal. I'll take you both up for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and not say one word, I won't charge you, but if you say one word it's ten dollars." Fred and Edna agreed and up they go.

The pilot does all kinds of twists and turns, rolls and dives, but not a word is heard. He does all of his tricks over again, but still not a word. They land and the pilot turns to Fred , "By golly, I did everything I could think of to get you to yell out, but you didn't." Fred replied, "Well, I was gonna say something when Edna fell out, but ten dollars is ten dollars"
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:24 pm

Fred's Note

Ol' Fred had been a religious man who was in the hospital, near death. The family called their preacher to stand with them. As the preacher stood next to the bed, Ol' Fred's condition appeared to deteriorate and he motioned frantically for something to write on.

The pastor lovingly handed him a pen and a piece of paper, and Ol' Fred used his last bit of energy to scribble a note, then he died. The preacher thought it best not to look at the note at that time, so he placed it in his jacket pocket.

At the funeral, as he was finishing the message, he realised that he was wearing the same jacket that he was wearing when Ol' Fred died.

He said, "You know, Ol' Fred handed me a note just before he died. I haven't looked at it, but knowing Fred, I'm sure there's a word of inspiration there for us all."

He opened the note, and read out loud, "Hey, you're standing on my oxygen tube?"
Dolly

Return to Just for Fun