It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:23 am

Free Newsletter

rude customers

A place to post jokes and other fun stuff to give us a laugh.

Moderator: Moderators

rude customers

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue May 29, 2007 7:43 pm

i got sent this from ally :)

For all employees that work with rude customers.

An award should go to the Virgin Airlines gate attendant in Sydney some months ago for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo. A crowded Virgin flight was cancelled after Virgin's 767s had been withdrawn from service. A single attendant was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travellers. Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket down on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it HAS to be FIRST CLASS".
The attendant replied, "I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these people first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out." The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the attendant smiled and grabbed her public address microphone: "May I have your attention please, may I have your attention please," she began - her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. "We have a passenger WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS, If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14."

With the folks behind him laughing hysterically, the man glared at the Virgin attendant, gritted his teeth and said, "F... You!"
Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry sir, but you'll have to fly QANTAS for that service."
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue May 29, 2007 8:44 pm

Ha ha ha!

I heard a story about a small child who was taken into care overnight because his idea of his name was "little censored" (apparently that's what he was predominantly referred to as) and they couldn't identify his home/family after a number of hours of questioning him, working with police etc. His father barged in when he found out and started on the "how dare you welfare people take away my kid..." etc. The worker looked concerned and said "I'm very sorry sir, but we couldn't find Big censored in the phone book". Apparently this completely defused the situation and they were able to talk through why it might be an idea not to only refer you your child in such terms (or perhaps not very often at all).
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Chelle » Tue May 29, 2007 10:25 pm

I was sent that email a month ago.
Chelle

Return to Just for Fun