It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:23 am

Free Newsletter

Tandem Skydiving - a true story

A place to post jokes and other fun stuff to give us a laugh.

Moderator: Moderators

Tandem Skydiving - a true story

Postby Fireball » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:13 am

Some years ago a few of us decided to go skydiving. When we booked they asked for our weights. I didn't like to admit I weighed 84kg especially as the person booking was tiny and slim. :oops:

On the day I had a ball and almost forgot about my weight. Despite being married, being strapped to a handsome, athletic man didn't seem a bad idea. Well we made the jump. Exhilirating. Free fall. Wow. Having a go at controlling the chute on the way down, what an experience!

After our landing, which was fast but fine, the Skydiver commented that we had come in faster than he expected, he sounded a bit disconcerted.

A few days later at home, we found out our bathroom scales we wrong. The more you weighed the more wrong they were. For my thin son it was out by 5kg for me 10kg.

Boy am I lucky the Skydiver was experinced having made more than 2000 jumps. I weighed 94kg not 84! We could have really landed in a heap.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Maraver » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:31 am

OMG what an experience, hehehehe I can just imagine how much faster you must have come down
Have you any photos
I would love to do that
I went parasailing in Bali I think that is what its called it was brilliant
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:39 am

wow! i agree what an experience. i dont think i could do something like that. wouldnt like the freefalling feeling i think :?

usually at things like that they weigh you there. i know when i went in a glider we had to be weighed there in their little shack lol
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:59 pm

My hubby has been sky diving if you have any pics I would love to see it what an experience it would be for you
Chelle

Postby Fireball » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:25 pm

I have a video buried somewhere. It was fun. I find most opeople feel srtonlgy one way or another - They love the idea or hate it. Hey Kate, I bet since then they weigh everyone before they go out. hehe Bet they think I lied. lol

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Return to Just for Fun