It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:54 am

Free Newsletter

Here goes nothing.... Cola's Before, During & After Pic's

A place to share your Before, During and After weight loss photos.

Moderator: Moderators

Here goes nothing.... Cola's Before, During & After Pic's

Postby cherricola » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:20 pm

Well... It's taken me a while, but I thought while I'm home by myself, I might as well try the self-timer function out on my camera and see what I could come up with...

Excuse the undies & bra - I just got out of the pool and it's too hot for clothes!! LOL :lol: I'll get some other ones (with clothes on) soon...

Week 1 - 300908(1).JPG
Week 1 - 300908(1).JPG (53.36 KiB) Viewed 3338 times

Week 1 - 300908(2).JPG
Week 1 - 300908(2).JPG (58.09 KiB) Viewed 3340 times

I think I'm glad now that I've taken these photos just to see how big I have actually let myself get over the past few years... It's certainly a shock to the system and a kick in the A$$ at the same time... I know I need to get my butt in to gear and shed this weight so I can not only look better, but feel better, have more confidence in myself and live a longer and healthier life.

I've got the bloody flu again (hence the reason I'm home taking horrid photos of myself and not at work), so I can't see much movement going on tonight workout wise, but fingers crossed I'll be feeling better tomorrow and can kick-start this weight loss off again...

Here is another of Chris & I at our engagment party in March (so you can see what I actually look like from the neck up)!!

IMG_0572.JPG
IMG_0572.JPG (48.35 KiB) Viewed 3324 times
cherricola

Re: Here goes nothing.... Cola's Before, During & After Pic's

Postby Shalimar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:47 pm

Well done for getting those piccies up Cola, you are very brave in doing so. I did put some up but I'm not game enough to do the underwear shots. Again good on you.
Take care, Sue.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby cherricola » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:17 am

Thanks Sue and Zarah for your messages...

I woke up this morning and couldn't believe that I'd actually put these pics up of myself!! Maybe this flu has done something to my brain!! lol :lol:

You know, I never really realise that I'm that large until I see a photo (not unlike the ones I've posted), and see myself as others must see me. I don't feel like the way I look... I am ashamed of what I've let myself become as I used to be really sporty and confident - now I look at these pictures and I don't see even and ounce of me in there... It's like I'm looking at a complete stranger - I don't look happy, and I don't look healthy... And I guess, I'm not really either of those... I mean I'm happy with my life, I LOVE my life, but I am not happy with myself as a person anymore... And I need to do a full 360 in my life so I can get back to what really matters - the real me...

Oh well, no turning back now... I've put it out there for all to see, and now it's time for me to make a change - for the better.

I'm home from work again today - stupid flu, and my doctor is all booked out... :( Why is she always booked out when I need to go?? lol - I sound like a spoilt brat now don't I? haha

In answer to your question Zarah, my starting weight was 106.4kg - and my goal weight is 70kg. I want to shed all this weight before our wedding which is in Sept '10. I think that is a reasonably healthy time frame to lose the weight... I don't want to lose it all in one big whack and be left with the saggy skin etc like that guy who one TBL two years ago... I think they do it too fast on that show... Don't get me wrong, I love watching it, but I personally could NEVER do it... I want to do this the right way - a complete change of lifestyle....

However, I have been considering asking the doctor for Duromine, just as a kickstart... I don't want to go on it longterm - maybe a month, maximum. But I don't know how it all works... Do they do tests to see if you should really be using it, or do they just hand it out willy-nilly to whoever asks for it??

Zarah, I've just read a couple of your posts re: Duromine.... Did you have to do any tests, or meet any criteria before the Dr would prescribe it to you??
cherricola

Postby curvygirl » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:57 pm

OMG what a stunning woman you are. Good luck with your loss and good on you for putting your underwear shots in. I think they give you the best indication of how much you have lost as clothes can be deceiving.
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby cherricola » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:23 pm

Thanks curvygirl... lol - although I don't see it (the stunningness - if that's even a word! lol)...

Sure I may have the potential to be hot - but at this point in time - definately NOT hot!! :P
cherricola

Postby Shalimar » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:31 pm

You need to change that attitude Cola :wink: , you are hot, hot, hot.

Shalimar

Postby cherricola » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:44 pm

LOL thanks Sue, I think I'm just having a bit of an off day. And I am sick to death of this flu... it's getting me depressed - I want to get out and do stuff, but feel like crap from being sick, and it's making me miserable. Thankfully I've managed to hold on to some self control and not go and feed my face to make myself feel better... so that's a start, and I feel rather proud that I haven't fallen off the wagon so to speak!

I just don't feel that enthusiastic about much at the moment... :( I need to snap out of it though, for sure.

Bring on 5pm so I can go home!!!
cherricola

Postby Shalimar » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:15 pm

You're doing better than me in the self control department, I just ate 3 biscuits with a coffee, not a lot I know but it is more than I normally allow myself :shock: .

Surely the flu you have has almost run it's course and you'll be back on top of the world before you know it :) .

Take care, take it easy and get well soon, Sue.

Shalimar

Postby cherricola » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:22 pm

Alrighty, time for some updated pics... Can't see much difference yet, but thought I may as well take them while I'm home alone with nothing better to do... What a sad life I live... LOL (& it's also to stop me eating a bowl of ice-cream with milo on top!! :roll: )

300908.JPG
30th September 2008
300908.JPG (37.79 KiB) Viewed 2926 times
IMG_1161.JPG
15th October 2008
IMG_1161.JPG (40.6 KiB) Viewed 2919 times

Grrr, I wanted to try and get the pics next to each other, but it won't let me...

Anyhoo, that's me... I had to work late tonight, so didn't get to the gym dammit. And I've skipped dinner - probably not a good thing, but I'm more knackered than hungry, so I'm going to go to bed, put a dvd on, and fall asleep waiting for my man to get home and keep me warm...

Crap weather tonight - storms galore - however makes for grrrrrrreat sleepy weather.. *yawns*

Night all, I'm off to bed...
C xx
cherricola

Postby Freddy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:30 am

I see some difference. Looks like your upper legs have come closer together, take a look at your lower legs. Besides, your arms seem to be closer to your body as well.
Freddy

Postby cherricola » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:28 am

Cheers guys...

I've lost 4.8kg's so far (according to my scales anyway - the gyms seem to differ a little from mine).

Only 30 something to go... :?

I'm sooooo tired today... :( and have so much to do here at work....

Well, best get in to it...

Take care & thanks for the messages - made me feel heaps better this morning! :)
cherricola

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:56 am

There is definitely a difference, particularly in the arms :) .

Shalimar

Postby cherricola » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:21 am

Hmm it must be my brain, it won't let me see the changes... LOL - it looks the same to me!! :(
cherricola

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:27 am

I think I have said this in another thread Cola but I'll say it here also.... I read somewhere (can't remember where) that often when people lose weight it can take quite some time for the brain to catch up and see themselves as others do.
I have lost a lot but some days I look in the mirror and still see the same person I did last year.

Shalimar

Postby Sussy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:19 am

I can see a difference mate, especially in tummy and upper legs. Well done, you're doing great! :D
Sussy

Next

Return to Before During and After Photos