It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:44 am

Free Newsletter

PumpkinKitty's "Eek" Photos

A place to share your Before, During and After weight loss photos.

Moderator: Moderators

PumpkinKitty's "Eek" Photos

Postby PumpkinKitty » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:30 am

If I don't put these up somewhere for other people to see, and for myself to see, I wont realise the change over time.

These photos made me go "Eek" when I first saw them, but at the time I didn't really get the reason to lose the weight.
I have the reason now, because my mum said she expected to outlive me :cry:
Both photos were taken in Feb 08 and I'm not much different in size or shape now to what I was then - I still wear the same clothes (if anything the pants are a bit snugger now than they were then :( )

No after photos as yet - but I hope they will come before too long.
PumpkinKitty

Re: PumpkinKitty's "Eek" Photos

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:00 pm

It's great having some before pictures to compare yourself to later. I have to say I LOVE the top you're wearing in the second photo. Make sure you get that taken in once you lose weight, don't throw it out! It's gorgeous. You look gorgeous too. You are going to look absolutely stunning once you get to your goal weight. Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Freddy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:16 am

It's good to see you taking action. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this, but you really need it. I've been in your position as well and lost 15 kg. After that I, unfortunately, kept hanging around the magical 100 line. I'm not sure if you've already taken a look at dr Cohen's diet, but I can recommend it. I must say I've been quite a sinner this week, but I feel like I've lost some weight anyway...
Freddy

Postby PumpkinKitty » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:54 pm

Ok, sorry, but this is going to sound slightly rude Freddy - but No, you are not allowed to say that.

I got those sort of comments (and worse) from my parents for years and it only made me stubborn and as such I didn't do anything about it. Now that I myself want to do something about it, all I want is nice friendly support and nice positive things said about how good I am going (or whatever the case may be).

If I get stubborn again, it could put me back another couple of years, and then maybe it will actually be too late.

I know in myself that I need to do something, and if I rebel against family telling me, I'm sure going to rebel against strangers judging me.

I joined here because I had been told it was a lovely supportive community, and so far it seems to be that way. I'd like it to stay supportive though, and not critical of who needs to lose and who doesn't etc.

Please understand that I have enough medical problems that I haven't discussed in here, that are stopping me from doing things and living life to the full. Negative comments are only going to make the one thing I can do for myself harder.
PumpkinKitty

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:19 pm

I hear you comletely, PK. I'm the same. I only respond to positive reinforcement and negative comments just get my back up, especially when it comes to my appearance. I guess at the same time some people prefer to hear it straight and appreciate someone being blunt. In those cases sugar-coating can annoy them. Different people respond to different things and sometimes one person's helpful suggestion is another person's scathing criticism. If positive reinforcement is what works with you then that's what we'll happily stick with!

I don't think you sounded rude at all, by the way. I think it's great that you've pointed out exactly what you need to help you on your weight loss journey. If anything it avoids conflict down the track when misunderstandings otherwise become ingrained.

I hope your week is going well!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Freddy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:42 pm

Then I'm sorry I said that :oops:
Freddy

Postby matchbox » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:53 pm

I'm with ali - my parents telling me i needed to lose weight really screws with your head. and i did the exact same thing, ignored them :P and rebelled against it. i may have possibly eaten even worse. but then decided, for my own reasons, that i needed to do this for me and no-one else. but the thing is, you have to do it for YOURSELF, and now that YOU have decided to do it for YOU, i am sure you will do fantastically!! (is that even a word? lol) just joining here is a start in itself, but i honestly believe you are going really well, and, like ali, you are going to be a total stunner! (oh and i also love the second top too!! :lol: )

keep up the awesome work :mrgreen:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Freddy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:58 pm

I'm really sorry if I have hurt you in any way. I wasn't trying to sound like your parents, neither I was trying to be rude. I was merely trying to point out that you've made a good decision.
Again, I'm really sorry. I'm never after hurting anyone.

I'll shut up now...
Freddy

Postby PumpkinKitty » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:44 pm

Thanks every one - I feel better now, even though I did have a slightly naughty lunch (bananas and cream - mostly banana though) Will have to make up for it later.

And Freddy, it's ok, I forgive you - I know you have a good point to make and I can see that you are only trying to help. And I appreciate it in the long run, it just hurts to start with and I have to get over that part first before I can see the truth in it.
Keep smiling ok? :)
PumpkinKitty

Postby ali76 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:24 pm

PK, just from reading your thread I KNOW you'll get to goal. You're obviously strong and determined and know what you want and what you need :mrgreen:

Go girl, go!!! :mrgreen:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby kangagirl » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:04 pm

I think it's really great of you Freddy to apologise to PumpkinKitty - it takes a real man to do that, so good on you! I am sure you did not mean to be rude at all, you were just being blunt, but as I say, always nice to see a man who can say 'sorry'.
kg
kangagirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:03 pm

Hear, hear. It's great to see that we can all play so nicely together and get through any complications in a healthy, understanding and constructive manner.

Come on everyone, GROUP HUG!!! :mrgreen:
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Before During and After Photos