It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Tegan's photos (sorry it took so long)

A place to share your Before, During and After weight loss photos.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:25 pm

Thanks everyone.

I don't mind not having a tan. I'd rather be white than have skin cancer. But I do have some tanning moisturiser for the wedding :roll:

As for the collarbones, I was glad to see them too...and hip bones

I do have some stretch marks around my hips, a bit on my boobs and arms but they are very light so I'm lucky that way. I'm also lucky with the excess skin thing. I was worried about that, but maybe my youth and slow weight loss helped??

I've also got other scars, but that one is just a bit obvious so I hope it fades quickly. I think it's still healing and fading.

I definitely am a lot happier with my bod now, but since I have never been skinny, I don't really know what it's supposed to look like. I'm not sure if my thighs are just big because that's my shape (genetics and cycling to some extent) or if I need to lose more off them...they DO have flubberry bits up top, as does my belly just a bit. I would dearly love to get this last 5kg off, even just for the psychological benefit of not selling myself short of goal.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:26 pm

Oh and if anyone has any negative constructive criticism, please don't feel shy to say so, that's what I posted this for. I want to make sure I have an accurate representation of views - and guys are more than welcome to comment. No offence will be taken.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:24 pm

hey tegan

i think i read somewhere that genetics play a part in your body as in how it bounces back from things. maybe you have ur mum and dad to also thank for having such great skin elasticity!! i am looking forward to seeing photos after you have a baby later on down the track!!

p.s. hows the wedding preparations coming?
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:31 pm

I've got all the paper etc for the invites. Just have to do them. I figure I'll send them early December. Some people say that's too early, some people say it's not early enough :roll: Who cares.

The bloke's sister is coming down late next month to do more on the dress. The bridesmaid is busy looking for her dress. Pretty much everything else is on track - apart from the boys who are refusing to organise their suits yet :roll:

Oh, but I do need to get flowers organised. :?

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:38 pm

what colour will the bridesmaid dress be?

i dont think it matters when the invites are sent either, as long as everyone rsvps by the correct date then it doesnt matter.

how are u going to wear your hair?
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:59 pm

yay, weddings, I'm excited!

Tegan - I showed my bf Joel your pictures and asked what he thinks - he thinks you look great.. of course, he says I'm prettier but he HAS to say that LOL!!!

Overall - I think it's quite normal to have bigger thighs/hips - makes your body more womanly.. but yeah.. I see what you mean about the psychological benefits of dropping another 5kg and making goal?

You could just carry on and try to lose the 5kg and see how you go then.. if its WAY too hard then you're probably not meant to go that low.. and if you feel comfortable there then that's where you are meant to be?

Hope that made sense :)

I think you've done an amazing job and you're so inspiring :)
Mandie

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:11 pm

Thanks Mandie - and thanks Joel too LOL

Kate, I'm not sure what colour the BM dress is going to be. There is only 1 so I've told her just to pick something she likes. The colours are red cream/white and black, she was going to go for a red/white/black floral type, but maybe black with red highlights or something.

My hair will probably be half up half down in loose natural curls (to suit my hair's natural style). I'm collecting photos to show to hairdresser. The BM will probably have hers in a simple french roll or something.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:49 pm

aw sounds so pretty :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Bread-Monster » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:14 am

I don't remember whether or not I've commented yet, but here goes:

You are positively stunning! You're one of those girls who have it all; beauty and brains :wink: so be proud no matter what you accomplish.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby tanya » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:31 am

You look hot tegan! makes me want to get on the right track properly so i can one day be skinny like you :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby Chelle » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:55 pm

I'm so jelous Teagen your body look's fantastic in a bikini & thankyou for sharing. I dont have anything bad to say, you might see some flaws in yourself but I cant see any.
Chelle

you look great

Postby janda » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:49 pm

:)
janda

Postby milkyway » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:33 pm

Tegan - I've just now seen your pics. I think you look great - you look really fit which is what is most attractive to me in other girls. You've got a gorgeous waist - curves in all the right places. And good on you for having the guts to post those pics.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Lush Gal » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:02 am

Ok - here's my two cents!

You look GREAT. I don't think your legs are too big, you just look muscular.

IF - and only if, as you don't NEED to - you wanted leaner muscle tone, I'd maybe try pilates and yoga. I did yoga last year, and I have notoriously thick legs (got my dad's muscular little legs!) and it really does result in longer muscle - sort of like a dancers. I find i have to be careful on the amount of cycling I do as my legs get big with muscle really easily.

But seriously, you look great! I'm sure you will be a STUNNING bride!!
Lush Gal

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:06 am

Thanks everyone for your comments! It's so hard to know for yourself when you don't see what others see. here are some pics from the camping trip last week!!

The campfire and us camping. I am actually on the left hand side holding a stubbie up.

The group before setting out (the bloke is the photographer)

At the beach. And Kate said Tassie had no beaches. pppffffttt. This one's not even our best one!

We had to climb over this rock to go along the beach...the tide was just turning to go out and on the way back I got a bit wet deciding to go round rather than put my shoes back on to rock climb

A rock arch that was pretty cool

Some wildlife we met on the way. These were the most posable reptiles I have ever met! I shall name him Spike

The other wildlife we met on the way. This Tiger snake was happy to pose for us while having a drink.

Me on top of Hounds Tooth, Looking back along the beach to the Neck.

The other side of Hounds Tooth, looking at the crashing surf below

On the walk to Penguin rock, we came across someone's handiwork. This looks back along Adventure Bay to the neck (and around the corner to the right is Hounds Tooth where we were the day before)

This was looking to Penguin Rock as the waves pounded the rocks...we rock hopped across
Last edited by Butterfly_Dawn on Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Butterfly_Dawn

PreviousNext

Return to Before During and After Photos