It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:04 pm

Free Newsletter

Darren's progress.

A place to share your Before, During and After weight loss photos.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Justjudy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:12 pm

Darren you poor thing. What a set back on your road to the new you. Keep sticking to your eating plan, and when you are all healed (I know that it will be a while), you will be back at the exercise. This is just a hiccup, in a long journey, and life is full of them, so chin up.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

Postby KimE » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:28 pm

Darren hope you will be back on the mend soon. Get plenty of rest as it sounds like that's what is needed most. All the best for a speedy recovery. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Dee » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:48 pm

Oh you poor thing - back pain SUCKS!

Try focusing on your eating plan while you can't really work out, then when you do get back on your feet you'll be able to give your weightloss a kickstart. Otherwise, perhaps you might jump in the pool and try some non-weight bearing excersize?

thanks everyone

Postby Adelaide_Guy_68 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:01 pm

Thanks everyone for your messages of encouragement and support.

I'm sticking to the eating plan and am really enjoying the food and I am feeling a lot healthier from it already.

The constant bloating has gone and although I probably haven't lost any weight (maybe a kilo or so), I feel a lot more comfortable due to this.

The doc gave me some pain killers and anti-inflamatories and they are working brillliantly.

I feel it when they wear off though.

I'm hoping to be back walking next week. The dog is looking forward to it too. :-)

Last edited by Adelaide_Guy_68 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Donk » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:14 pm

Sorry to hear mate, but it's great you've kept a positive attitude towards your eating and haven't just given up with this little hiccup. An attitude like that will take you a long way.

Postby milkyway » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:24 pm

ouch! Back pain has to be the worst thing because it effects your whole body. I hope you get better soon.

My brother once broke his back in several places when he fell down a cliff (and his ribs, his arm, elbow etc.) and after a month of rest and recouperation in hosptial, he was back home, mowing lawns and jogging again... and about 8 or 9 years later, he's fine... so have hope that you'll make a full recovery :)

Swimming is great non-weight bearing exercise that might be a good alternative to walking/jogging next week -- but check with your doc first.

All the best for a speedy recovery.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:38 am

hey darren isnt it great how wonderful you feel after eating healthy? i love fresh produce and wish i lived near some markets! that would make my day :) im glad you dont feel as bloated anymore. i found that it was processed carbs like breads and pasta and soft drinks that did that to me :)

Postby Donk » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:19 am

Back pain was the reason for me kicking off my weight loss, I was laid down for a few days unable to walk and was given the advice that walking was the best thing for it and hence began the weight loss.

Postby Mandie » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:55 pm

oh, back pain is awful!

i had physio today for my lower back and I know that if i can exercise and strengthen up my core muscles, and get some weight off, it will do wonders for it...

work on your abs (its as simple as just pulling your tummy in and holding it for 30 seconds at a time) as often as you can (I try to do it in the car) and that can help protect your back..

best of luck!

remmeber not to jump back into heavy exercise too fast - you don't want another set back! take it slow and steady and make sure you don't overwork it!

Return to Before During and After Photos