It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Zelma's before and after pics

A place to share your Before, During and After weight loss photos.

Moderator: Moderators

Zelma's before and after pics

Postby ZelmaWA » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:09 pm

These pics are of me 'before' at 160kg (or thereabouts - that was the highest weight I KNOW about, but I didn't weigh myself for a LONG time) and 'after' at 73kg.

It took 2 years and 2 months of healthy eating and exercise to get me to that weight and that was just over 12 months ago. I have put on a few (2 to 4, depending on the day) kilos since then, but I think that is just my body adjusting. I am still eating well and exercising, as these are changes I have made for LIFE. I may put on another push one day to try to get a little lower, but for the moment I feel OK and people say I don't need to lose any more, so I'll sit here for a while and maintain, just to give my body and mind a little rest.

Zelma
Losing weight has given me a "Freedom" that I had never previously experienced as an adult... and I am LOVING it!!!

160kg (2004)... 73kg (2006)... Working on maintaining.

See my photos at: http://www.zelma.neilknobbe.com
ZelmaWA

Postby Mandie » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:16 pm

that's... incredible. I'm SO impressed. Well done! You must be so damn proud of what you've achieved :D
Mandie

Postby milkyway » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:18 pm

Wow! You look absolutely fabulous, Zelma. What an inspirational story. Congrats -- not just on the weightloss, but maintaining it, too.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Dee » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:48 pm

You are such a huge inspiration to me.

Congrats on such a massive life change - I'm sure your body is immensely grateful!

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Vegetable » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:56 pm

Zelma, you were in slimming magazine werent you? Or on a current affair? Im sure Ive seen your pics and heard your story before :lol: You look fantastic mate, good on you! :P
Vegetable

Postby ZelmaWA » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:59 pm

Amy, yep I was in the Slimmer of the Year competition (didn't win) for Slimming and Health magazine. I was also on A Current Affair a couple of times and a few other things. Once the word got around things got a little hectic for a while there, but I didn't mind in the least, as I just wanted to get my face out there to show people that it COULD be done, with healthy eating and exercise. My students were on TV a few times as well, because I have taken my healthy lifestyle into my teaching and I do laps of the oval with the kids now, as well as help to promote other healthy lifestyle activities throughout the school.

Zelma
Losing weight has given me a "Freedom" that I had never previously experienced as an adult... and I am LOVING it!!!

ZelmaWA

Zippy Zelma

Postby doublebubble » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:19 pm

Wow Zelma look how georgous you are! I just started my life style change and you have given me inspiration already with your fantastic photos. Congratulations on all your hard work.

Sam
doublebubble

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:26 pm

hey zelma thanks for sharing those with us! my mums middle name is zelma :P
kate_turner2000

Postby Donk » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:28 pm

:o :o :o :o

OK, when I first saw the photo's my jaw dropped, that is an amazing effort and you look like a totally different person.

Well done on your loss and I know that you'll never want to go back to being like that again.

Congratulations!
Donk

Postby ZelmaWA » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:24 pm

Thank you everyone! Your comments have all put a huge smile on my face and have given me a lovely end to a wonderful weekend.

Kate - It is always wonderful to hear about other people named Zelma, as it definitely isn't a common name. The name is Turkish I think, and my family are Australian (on both sides) for as far back as I know, with origins in England. I was going to be 'Sharon' until Dad and one of my aunties BOTH said they each knew a lovely lady called Zelma. I have kinda grown attached to it now, but Sharon would have been easier to grow up with I think.

Donk - You are not the only person who thinks I look like a different person. People I haven't seen in a while just have NO idea who I am until I introduce myself to them. Their jaws drop and they are lost for words for a while. It is a fantastic reaction and I will NEVER tire of it. My husband has been accused of having an affair, because people keep seeing him with a 'new' woman. One of my students' parents admitted to telling someone he was a 'RAT' because he had left me. She stood at my classroom door one day and said "Oh... I saw you with Neil the other day and..." and that was when she admitted that she thought I was his new 'fling'. It is quite funny really. Most of the drastic changes happened in the last 6 months when I found my waist, and my bone structure in my face and things just toned up a bit more.

Thank you all again for the wonderful comments.

Zelma

ZelmaWA

Postby Donk » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:35 pm

Haha, oh Sharon is 'too Aussie' if there ever is a thing. "Sharon, pick up your laundry." "Sharon, do the dishes." "Sharon, take Darren to kindy for me will ya love?"

Oh your poor husband, he must have copped a bit :?
Donk

Postby Justjudy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:58 pm

WOW :shock: What a change :!: You certainly have every right to be proud of your fantastic acheivement. A huge congratulations.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Julz » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:30 am

What a dramatic change, you must be so proud Zelma. You really do look like a different person, obviously you are much slimmer, but I also think you look younger too. Thanks for providing us with these great photos, I am sure this will motovate lots of people, I know it has just motivated me :D
Julz

Postby Dee » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:37 pm

I laughed at my DH's reaction when I showed him the pics - "Christ, she got HOT!" LOL Just thought I'd share, after all that's the kind of comment you want to know about!

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby macasgirl4eva » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:31 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What an AMAZING achievement! You should be so proud of yourself!
macasgirl4eva

Next

Return to Before During and After Photos