It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:25 pm

Free Newsletter

Zelma's before and after pics

A place to share your Before, During and After weight loss photos.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby slimmindown » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:33 pm

your transformation is so fantastic, you are a true legend. What an inspiration you are. Thanks for sharing your pics they have really inspired me on to keep going.

Congrats on your fantastic new look. WOW................ :D :D :D
[no excuses, I can do it!

Postby KimE » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:32 pm

Amazing pics Zelma, thanks for sharing them. I went to your website when you first joined this site and had the same reaction today as I did when I first saw them. My jaw dropped all over again. You do look like a completely different person and what you have done is an inspiration for us all. Getting out there and telling people is good too, as you say to show others what can be done. You deserve all the praise you receive.

Awesome effort! :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby magenta » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:36 pm

Fabulous achievement. I hope I have that same reaction when I'm done with the weight loss journey. :D

Postby Chelle » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:33 am

wow what a tranformation you look so good

Postby Chelle » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:06 am

I showed my husband your pic & he could't belive the tranformation well done

Postby Leishkin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:34 pm

holy.... wow. just wow, congratulations! you look amazing!

Postby dietcoke » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:29 pm

Zelma, you absolutely amaze me. Your results are FANTASTIC and it just goes to show that if you are willing to put in the effort and most importantly realise you're worth it (sorry to get all Loreal on you) you can achieve anything.

Postby enli » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:56 pm

I hope you don't mind that i have bookmarked this topic... Such an amazing transformation - you are a beautiful and inspiring woman. Such dedication and strength! I want to be like YOU!!!!

Postby catclawz » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:28 pm

I have to agree with the others before me and say how amazing the transformation is, you truly looking amazing and so beautiful, your story and success is truly and inspiration.

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue May 15, 2007 11:53 pm

Hi Zelma, first of all you look amazing and I have to say any time I feel discouraged I have looked at your photos and they spurred me on.

Can I ask how tall are you. When telling people my weight the general reply seems to be "well you don't look that heavy!" as you can imagine this is becoming quite discouraging in itself. I am nearing your weight and am coming to a point where I am quite happy with myself. I am 169cm tall and wonder if this makes a difference.

Postby MickeyB » Mon May 21, 2007 2:57 pm

Hi, I'm new here and looking around trying to get some inspiration and motivation, and it looks like I just found it!

You are looking fantastic and must be so proud.

Has your story been on TV? I'm sure I've seen your pictures somewhere...maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.

Waiting for baby #4 to arrive then getting stuck into losing the 25kg that needs to come off!

Postby ZelmaWA » Mon May 28, 2007 7:22 pm

Sorry about the delay in answering, but I've been running around in circles helping to organise a conference, so I haven't really had a lot of time to scratch myself.

I want to thank all of you for your wonderful comments. I am not sure I'll ever get tired of the compliments.LOL

Vanessa - I'm 169cm tall as well, and I think I am actually happy to stay at this weight now. Actually, I'm sitting around the 75-77kg mark now (depending on the time of month) and that seems to be where my body wants to stay. I DO have a few kgs of loose skin to account for, so I don't know whether to try to push myself lower or not. I'm still doing all the right things, and it seems to not want to go lower again, so I may have to settle with being here.

Micaela - Yep, I've been on A Current Affair and Today Tonight and Nine news locally. For a while there EVERYONE seemed interested, which was great, as I was happy for my story to be getting out there.

Thanks again everyone. I really must update my website some day, with more pics (Yep - I LOVE being in front of the camera now) and maybe some more recipes and information.

Take care,

Losing weight has given me a "Freedom" that I had never previously experienced as an adult... and I am LOVING it!!!

160kg (2004)... 73kg (2006)... Working on maintaining.

See my photos at:

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon May 28, 2007 7:45 pm

Congratulations and very well done. You every right to feel proud of what you have achieved. And what a fantastic example for your kids. Thumbs up to you mate.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby ISparkyI » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:01 am

All I can say is absolutely WOW . . that is one Amazing transformation and it just goes to show that it can be done.

My brother is around the 170 kilo mark . . it just goes to show that anything is possible with the right amount of Determination and Endurance . . you are an Absolute Legend !

Wish I knew how to approach my brother with his Weight . .

Again . . Champion Effort !!

Nothing Ventured . . Nothing Gained . . .

Postby baysmummy » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:43 pm

Seeing your before and after pictures have made me realise that i can do this, it was a real inspiration BTW you look fantastic, it is like 2 completely different people!

Return to Before During and After Photos