It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:25 am

Free Newsletter

Reality Bites... Time to Bite Back!

A place to share your Before, During and After weight loss photos.

Moderator: Moderators

Reality Bites... Time to Bite Back!

Postby Chantelly-Lace » Fri May 11, 2007 10:49 am

Ok so here go's nothing.... I just posted my introduction in the introduction forum and I know that this part cannot wait, if it waits, I won't do it... If I don't do it, I will pretend to be losing weight, if I pretend to lose weight I won't be able to go shopping for new clothes.. now where is the fun in that!

Please help keep me honest ladies and gents because I know I'm only going to be lying to myself deep down, but I won't be able to lie to others.

Ok so I'm going to add a flood of photos; oldest to newest!

September 2002
November 2002
February 2003
April 2005
September 2005 (Whats that I see... a double chin!
December 2005 (Pretend you cannot see the stain on my shirt... it's probably chocolate)
September 2006 (holy moly! I think I jumped 4 cup sizes in 3 years! no wonder I have back pains :( )
March 2007 (dreaming of a better future perhaps... possibly thinking about the KFC I was having for lunch :roll: )

... being able to look at the photos in order like these, makes me realise just how much weight I have put on over the years... I can see where I stopped exercising in early - mid 2003 and *BAM* the weight is there!

What a horrible realisation, I will keep updating this thread with *progress* photos... once I make some progress!

Chantel.
Chantelly-Lace

Postby Chantelly-Lace » Fri May 11, 2007 11:03 am

I decided that I was going to take some photos now (once I figured out how to work the timer on my mobile phone) and post them right now, no matter how bad they look. So here goes nothing.

note: I think I have my pants right up around my boobs to try and hide the bulge.... it looks slightly uncomfortable!.... also, is that a non-colour-co-ordinating bra! jeez, I didn't think I'd see anyone today... bugger it!

Chantel.
Chantelly-Lace

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri May 11, 2007 11:37 am

LOL at the bra comment. I have my 'funky' slippers on in my photos - such a dag.

photos really are a good wake up tool aren't they? Can't wait to see the progress!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 11, 2007 12:30 pm

hey chantel thanks for sharing you are a veyr pretty girl and im sure once you lose the weight you would like to lose you will look stunning in your new clothes :)!!! please keep in touch with us and remember to stick with it! you wont see results overnight but if you perservere you will feel better and look better in no time!
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Fri May 11, 2007 2:48 pm

Thankyou for sharing your pic. chantel, It is good that you have photo's to start your next journey in lossing weight to see where you stated from & when you loose weight you can look back at it . No one is going to judge you on this forum, we are all here to help each other, so you can be as honest as you like. Cant wait to see your next pictures.
Chelle

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri May 11, 2007 2:53 pm

Wow, that's very cool that you have the photos to see your 'progression' over the years! It will give you something to aim for! Kate's right, you are very pretty and once the weight comes off you will be stunning :D Hang in there!!
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Sat May 12, 2007 10:41 am

Thanks for posting your pics Chantel. You can do it mate and you will feel so much healthier for it. All the best and can't wait to see your progress pics as you go back down. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby milkyway » Sat May 12, 2007 9:58 pm

Thanks for sharing your pics :) You have a truly beautiful smile - so much warmth there. You are really attractive, too. I look forward to seeing your progress photos. No doubt, you will be absolutely stunning!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Chantelly-Lace » Sun May 13, 2007 11:31 am

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments, your all very sweet and certainly making me feel better about myself.

I think self confidence is a big killer for me, I want to lose weight, and thinking about how I can look, afterwards is a great motivator!

Chantel.
Chantelly-Lace

Postby *KaTe* » Sun May 13, 2007 12:50 pm

Good on you 4 posting your pics!!!

The only thing I would reccomend to you is to definately work on being nice to yourself...It took me a while but now when I look in the mirror I imagine how hot im going to be when I get to my goal weight, and also compliment myself on how great I am for doing something about my weight....

Our mind is always trying to be negative and bring us down, so even if the odd nasty comment flows through just ignore it and focus on what you want to achieve!!

Just remember to not give up, no matter what! And try to learn to love yourself, so instead of focusing on that double chin, put your energy into making yourself feel good!

And one more thing I find that helps me, is I always think about the future "me"...it is helping me so much now and using the imagination by visualising what you want to look like is awesome, just takes practice! Good luck with your journey! :D

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Return to Before During and After Photos