It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:23 am

Free Newsletter

Mickey's Before and Afters

A place to share your Before, During and After weight loss photos.

Moderator: Moderators

Mickey's Before and Afters

Postby MickeyB » Mon May 21, 2007 3:10 pm

Well I'm not exactly at the 'after' point anymore, but I'm back on track and will get back there soon!

This picture was at about 111kg, so roughly 6kg less than my start weight, but you can get the idea.

This picture was after all my weight loss and my first outing after my tummy tuck at about 76kg, my lowest was 71kg-73kg, but the only pics I have of that stage are post-op ones in my undies which aren't really suitable LMAO. This is pretty close to where I want to get back to.

At the moment I'm hovering around thr 86kg mark, very embarrassed to have let it get this far, but I'll soon be back in those size 11 jeans and feeling a hell of a lot better about where my health is headed.

Thanks for letting me share.
Mic
Waiting for baby #4 to arrive then getting stuck into losing the 25kg that needs to come off!
MickeyB

Postby Sassygirl » Mon May 21, 2007 3:21 pm

You look georgous - I love your top. With determination and hard work - you will get back to that again. Good on you for posting your picture!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 21, 2007 4:38 pm

wow what a difference! love the hair do too! as michelle said, with determination you can get back to your former self :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Tue May 22, 2007 10:32 am

What a difference, You look good love the haircut. How many tatts do you have????
Chelle

Postby sassi » Tue May 22, 2007 11:05 am

another fan of the haircut here - i think it's great!
sassi

Postby MickeyB » Tue May 22, 2007 4:28 pm

Thanks for all the compliments :oops: I've always had long hair and when I reached the 80's I took the plunge and went and chopped it all off to an even shorter spiky length, I've been growing it out since, but it was a great release at the time and really felt like I was pulling the curtains off of the new me. :D

Chelle I have 3 tatts, the one on my arm that you can see the picture, a little dragon that's just visible at the top of my shirt on the 2nd pic and another one on my back in between my shoulder blades. At the moment I'm designing a full back job and it's going to be my big reward for reaching my goal weight and actually staying there. Do you have any tatts?

Mic
Mic
Waiting for baby #4 to arrive then getting stuck into losing the 25kg that needs to come off!
MickeyB

Postby milkyway » Tue May 22, 2007 4:38 pm

Thanks for sharing your pics, Mic. I have to agree with the girls - that hair cut is hot hot hot :) I bet it felt great to chop it off. I recently cut off my long hair and have a cute little bob that's up to my chin and it's so low maintenance and saves heaps of time in the shower and drying/styling. yay for short hair :P

I have one tatt on my butt (left hip area) and oh boy, did it hurt! I don't think I'll be going back for seconds :lol: so you must be pretty corageous!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue May 22, 2007 4:43 pm

ive thought about getting a tattoo but would have to think about what i want. it would have to mean something to me. needles dont bother me and ive had an epidural and they always say beauty is pain! id have to hide the tatt from my mother though- she would flip!
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Tue May 22, 2007 5:23 pm

The good thing about the pain is that it stops as soon as they stop doing the tatt :P but it's pretty intense. My tatt is quite small, so it only took about 15 mins. I really didn't expect it to hurt as much as it did. I was a bit shocked. But I guess it was short and sharp. Come to think of it, dropping that plate on my toe a few weeks ago was much more painful! I actually cried then :lol:

But if you are thinking about it, make sure it's something you'll want forever, and not 'trendy' for now. I waited over about 3 years to get mine because I didn't know what I wanted and then something happened (very long story) and my tatt came out of that experience and it's basically my daily reminder of mortality :)

Sorry to hijack your thread Mic on tatt discussions :oops:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Chelle » Tue May 22, 2007 11:02 pm

No I don't have any tatt's at the moment desigining one to go on the side of my stomach up around the boob area go down the body & stop at my hip around the back. My Hubby quite a few.
Chelle

Postby dragonfly » Sun May 27, 2007 2:46 pm

looking fabulous!!!
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby Dotti » Mon May 28, 2007 8:21 am

WOW MickeyB what a difference! Thanks for posting up the pics. I wouldn't have believed it was you in both pics if it wasn't for the tatts :o I agree with everyone, your new hair cut looks great. Good luck!
Dotti

Postby MickeyB » Mon May 28, 2007 9:35 am

Thank you!! :D

Mic
Mic
MickeyB

Postby yummymummy » Mon May 28, 2007 12:35 pm

Hey Mic ! picks look great! youve done it once you will get there again!
You mentioned youve had a tummy tuck how did that go for you, how long was the recovery? Im thinking about getting one next year when I have enough leave available from work
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby MickeyB » Mon May 28, 2007 1:21 pm

The tummy tuck was great, if you want a link to my before after pics of that, I'd be happy to share, just PM me.

I had a pretty extensive surgery, they removed 2.2kg of skin, and re-stitched my tummy muscles back together by about 1.5inches. I also had an exisitng scar frmo a open gallbladder surgery and lap surgeries which were a high risk complication, but they came out fine and I had a very good doctor.

It took me about 2 weeks to be able to do anything, I couldn't lift a full kettle of water for about a month LOL so any kid lifting/heavy lifting over 5kg in your day to day life I would take into consideration. It took me about 8 weeks to stand up straight, but even now coming up to 12months it is still tight if I stretch right out flat on the floor. I was allowed back into gentle exercising at the 8 weeks mark, but I could only do about 20min at a time before it started aching. (I had been walking for an hour, and 40min of bike everyday beforehand). Biggest thing is swelling, I still get swelling now if I do exercise, especially ab exercises. Swelling is a major thing that people don't consider, and it can get very depressing when you want to see results, so be prepared for that if you decide to go ahead, and know that the swelling doesn't start to go down for about 4 months and it will flare up from time to time.

The best piece of advice I can give is to research, look at a lot of before and afters of 'real' people so you can see what you're getting yourself into. It's the best thing I have ever done for myself and I was veyr happy with the results. My only regret is not keeping it that way, I'll have to go back and have another tuck and fix up after I've had kids again, as long as I can get back to my lowest weight after having them as well.
Mic
MickeyB

Next

Return to Before During and After Photos