It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:08 am

Free Newsletter

Misstoodles Progress Thread. Before and During Pictures.

A place to share your Before, During and After weight loss photos.

Moderator: Moderators

Misstoodles Progress Thread. Before and During Pictures.

Postby Misstoodles » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:32 am

Okay so this is my progress thread. I havn't got any pictures of me at my biggest, which I think was a little over 100kg, or around 220lbs.

My life is a bit of rollercoaster mentally and emotionally. Long story short I get stressed out to the max very easily and tend to shut down.. its kind of like a hibernation in most ways for weeks or sometimes months on end, which, of course, affects my motivation to lose weight greatly. As much as I wish to avoid it, I know that eventually I'm going to have to be on medication and visiting a psychiatrist. But for now while I'm in one of my coping and positive phases, I'm trying everything I can to be healthier and happier.

The first step of which is to try and maintain focus on losing weight. I'm getting a little better at letting negative emotions help fuel positive activities. Which I think is the key for me.

My weight loss journey really started unintentionally when I was in Canada on holiday for 6 weeks in January of 2006. I was eating quite a bit better and far less simply because I staying with people who weren't fat. I know when I went to Canada I weighed a little over 100kg, but I don't have an exact figure because at the time I was sticking my head in the sand about my appearance. When I came home I decided enough was enough, and I started doing something about it. My first weigh-in was 98.8 kg and within 3-4 months I had gone down to 82.something kg.

Unfortunately I had another unexpected emotional and mental turn which completely threw me and before I knew it, January came about and I weighed almost as much as I did the previous year, at 95.8kg. It was early February when I had a good look at myself, got on the scales and told myself tomorrow I would weigh less. So again, for about 3-4 months I put in the effort and got down to 78.7kg. Yet again I was hit with an unexpected mental and emotional turn which saw me turning to alcohol every weekend, and despite being fairly careful with my food; the calories in the form of alcohol were making me slowly undo my hard work. I crept up to 83.6kg and it wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that I weighed myself again and realised what I was doing.

Today I weighed in at 81.6kg, with my very-short-term goal of 78.7kg within close reach.

Anyway I'm sorry if that seems like me rattling on to any of you, but it's quite important for me to remind myself of that every time I visit this thread.

To me this isnt just about pictures, its about all the forms of progress I want to make to be a healthier and happier person.

So far I've come from 100kg to 81.6kg, my next goal being:
78.7kg, then
75kg and then in 5kg goals until I've reached my desired weight of 60kg. Once I get there I want to decide what my next goal would be.

Pictures:

The first picture I don't know exactly how much I weigh, but i think it was taken in January so my guess is that it was close to 95kg.
The second I took today after shopping, and I weigh 81.6kg.

They arn't exactly great photos, and I don't think I look like I've lost much, but hey - on my way down, right?
Misstoodles

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:38 am

you look fantastic :) im sure that jotting down your feelings about it all will help with your weightloss journey. we are all non judgemental here and are looking forward to supporting you the whole way. a lot of us here are yoyos when it comes to our weight but working out what triggers it will helps us all come up with techniques to overcome that. best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:57 am

I think you can really see a difference! And the second one looks great, you carry the weight well!!

How tall are you?
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby oostevens » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:29 am

wow you look fab :)

I can't wait to be down to 81 or 80 :) currently I am 86 hehe.

keep up the great work :)

i am impressed
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Misstoodles » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:34 am

Thanks for all the support guys! it means alot more to me than you could imagine, I love this forum.

im a smidge off 5'5" so I call myself 5'5" :P And thankyou :) I'm really concerned about my arms though, they don't seem to be going down much at all. But I suppose they'll get there, all in good time and effort :-)

And thats awesome! You're so close to your first goal, go you ^_^
Misstoodles

Postby oostevens » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:37 am

no i recon you do look great :)

how did you do it?
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Misstoodles » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:44 am

Good old 80's-90's aerobics tapes and I go for brisk walks. And of course cutting out the obvious junk foods and watching my calorie intake. I dance around my room ALOT though, which adds a fair bit to the amount I burn off each day. It's quite a bit of fun, picks your mood up AND burns calories. You should all give it a go :D

How are you all doing it? : )
Misstoodles

Postby madeline » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:47 am

hot thighs hun. you carry your weight very well :)
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby oostevens » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:26 am

i am also watching what i eat, no junk food! and counting calories using calorie king.

I am also drinking 1.5L water a day.

I do about 30mins either on the bike or tready 5 times a week and another 30mins of exercise (crunches, pushups, tricep dips, skipping weights, or swiss ball)

:) its a great fdeeling when u lose weight and get fit :) makes u happier :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby shelbel » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:39 pm

Wow your looking fab, good for you for going something for yourself i cant wait to see your progress!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby ali » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:52 pm

You look Fab! The difference is huge! Congrats!

You carry your weight so well, when i saw the second photo I thought you looked like you weighed more like 60, not 80! :shock: :D

Keep up the good work! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby sassi » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:25 pm

i would never have picked that photo as 81! you do carry your weight really well. :)

congrats on the loss so far and i'm looking forward to reading about your progress :)
sassi

Postby charlimc » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:46 pm

looking gorgeous hun, you have a lovely figure.. you should be very proud :)
Charli x
charlimc

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:01 pm

u look great mate . Would have guessed u at 60 65 tops not 80 wtg . Keep it up
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby ISparkyI » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:58 pm

Doing well Miss Toodles . . by the way like the nick :lol:

Keep up the great effort and ya wont be far off reaching ya goal . .

Shaun
Nothing Ventured . . Nothing Gained . . .

ISparkyI

Next

Return to Before During and After Photos