It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:11 am

Free Newsletter

Misstoodles Progress Thread. Before and During Pictures.

A place to share your Before, During and After weight loss photos.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Misstoodles » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:26 am

He's said he wants to join a gym now, and from past experiences he has stuck to going to the gym - it's his eating habits he barely changed before, so I think thats the tough bit for him.

At the moment though he seems in a bit of denial stage about how he gained weight over the course of a year. He's trying to fool himself by saying he's been eating well all year and its stress and lack of exercise that has made him gain weight. Which I agree are added factors.. but he ate nothing but crap. Mum and I havn't pointedly corrected him or anything because we know it's not going to do anything but upset him.

I think it's almost impossible to achieve weight loss without having accepted what you've done for your own mistakes, and then correcting this by making changes to your diet, exercise, water consumption and your overall outlook on weight loss.

I don't want Mark to spent almost 700 dollars on a gym membership and work hard at the gym, only not to see any results because he's still eating unhealthily :(

Any ideas on how I could encourage him in accepting that his eating habits have contributed to his weight gain?

Sorry if I've sounded insensitive to anyone, I'm quite the opposite.

Now, on to my progress. I'm back down near my lowest weight that my ticker displays. I just don't want to move the ticker back up, lol. I'm going to leave it where it is until I reach it again. Mum's noticed a difference, which is really great :D

I'm learning to drive again, I feel alot more confident this time and not so highly strung. Mum's a great teacher too, I'm lucky that we're so alike - it makes it so much easier for the both of us.

Mostly I've been feeling more grounded and neutral, but I have a period or so every few days of when I start feeling really low and suicidal.

Sorry I don't mean to sound dark but this is a progress thread for more than just weight loss to me. We now, this month, have enough of a particular type of medication for me to top myself on, and it was always the plan for a long time, I just never actually had enough of the stuff. Now that we have it I am only occasionally tempted, and even then I'm really too content with how things are at the moment. Overall there has been a great improvement in my general mood lately, which I can see Mum is -really- pleased about :)

That may sound terrible to some of you but please spare me the lecture on any of that. Not to sound mean or cold, but I really am not interested in hearing your opinion on suicide and what sort of person you think that would make me. As far as I'm concerned it's between me and my direct family, so only their opinions on the subject matter.

The reason I included it is because obviously mental health affects weight loss and the quality of a persons life, and me feeling alot better lately is a great sign that I'll be able to continue losing weight for a long while. It's just another part of my progress to a happier and healthier Megan :D

Also today, Jess, the daughter of some friends of family I've known since I was born (they're like family, it's lovely) Is going to use me as a model for a haircut! It's only straight across, I'm just happy to do it for her since she needed someone for the test :) Then Mum is going to take me to see about getting my hair cut shorter, chemically straightened and styled :D!!! VERY excited as I havn't had a haircut professionally done in about 3 years. Ive been trimming and layering myself, lol.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Megan
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby Mandie » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:54 am

Megan - sounds like you're having a somewhat rocky road but you seem to be coming out of it pretty well. Congrats on learning to drive! :) And the hairstyle stuff sounds good..

Won't discuss the suicide stuff because you don't want to, and that's fair enough, but if you ever wanna chat about things with someone who can offer an outside perspective, feel free to pm me :)

As for your brother - maybe just make sure you cook healthy meals when he eats with you, and when you go out together, order yourself the healthy option and he will start to follow your example. Once he starts going to the gym, he will meet other guys there and they always chat about their diets (sounds weird, I know, but trust me.. gym guys are into their diets and protein supplements and stuff). Once he loses a bit of weight with exercising, I reckon he will get more motivated and will start to eat healthier. The best thing you can do is probably just set a good example and don't say anything about it, and hope he gets the idea.

Good luck :)
Mandie

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:24 pm

Hi Megan! Well that post covered a range of topics didn't it?
Congrats with your wightloss!

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling depressed and suicidal. I don't "know" how you feel, but I've felt similar in the past. I won't say anything more about that since you requested not to, but as Mandie said, if you feel the need, please feel free to PM or e-mail or whatever.

As for your bro... I can relate to that with some people I know. I mainly just stay out of it since I've learned that people will complain about being fat or whatever but don't always actually really want to do anything about it or have anyone assist them. Which is a pain when you're doing well yourself and you just want to shout it out to the world in general! BUT if he ever seriously asks for your help or if he sais something like "why is this not working" perhaps that would be a good time to say "good question, how about we sit down and look at what's going on" and maybe do a food and exercise diary and a calorie count and help him come up with a plan - so that you're not telling him what he's doing wrong, but helping him find out for himself kinda thing?
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:42 pm

yay the haircut sounds like fun! can you let us know how it turns out!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Misstoodles » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:22 am

Thankyou guys, I appreciate the support:)

Sorry it has been ages since I posted last. It turned out that she only needed me for a set on that date, and today, a few weeks later, she trimmed it up for me.

I decided I couldn't wait any longer to get my hair styled by a professional so I just went at my hair with some scissors tonight, LOL.

:) Here are before and after shots though: Lol sorry about the extremely silly after picture.

[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby oostevens » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:51 am

yay haircuts are fun! and it looks neat as! YAY
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:54 am

looks like you did a great job, well done!
Mandie

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:36 pm

you did such a good job! You are so pretty! :D
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Misstoodles » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:04 pm

Thankyou everyone! :D

I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment. My 18th is in January and I've been trying on dresses (something I never did before). I wanted to get an idea of what looked good, and there is a dress that I -love- and it fits perfectly, but I have two problems... my birthday isnt for another 2 months, so I'll have lost weight by then, and secondly I'm incredibly conscious of my arms.. they havn't gone down at the same rate as the rest of my body *sighs* Pretty much all dresses that people go clubbing in are sleeveless.

I won't be able to wear a dress on my own birthday :/ Even after having lost alot of weight.. I feel crappy.
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:32 pm

Firstly big hugs to you MissT, your new haircut looks funkeeeee !

As for your dress you should wear it ! It would look just as perfect if you were to lose weight. Don't worry about your arms, could you get a nice wrap to wear with it ?
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:48 pm

You look awesome, girl!! Loving the new hair too, very cool!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Re: Misstoodles Progress Thread. Before and During Pictures.

Postby Misstoodles » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:29 am

I'm back! With an addiction to alcohol and cheese supreme doritos I'm afraid but the good news is I'm back, meaning I want to lose weight again. I got down to 75.8kg a week before my birthday (around the 19th) and since then I've gained almost 4kg! Eep :shock: I went out clubbing in the city for the first time and I was shocked by the amount of stunning females with gorgeous figures. They were everywhere. Where do they go during the day?? I had never seen so many in my life. I left the house feeling fairly confident (for me) and then I got there, lol! Well it's good really, because it's jogged me to get back into losing weight and finish what I started.

Megan
[/url]
Misstoodles

Re: Misstoodles Progress Thread. Before and During Pictures.

Postby Misstoodles » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:40 pm

:( I'm back. By back, I should say 'back up to 95kg'

GUH, I've done it to myself again. 2010 was very much a beer year for me. In January/Feb I got down to 74.5 kg, went on a last-minute holiday to the Gold Coast and Cairns and I haven't stopped drinking beer since. I also stopped exercising almost entirely. The other big culprit was definitely soft-drink, which I'm not even that fond of but was using to get the taste of cigarettes out of my mouth. Man, and mayo; all my life Mum bought 97% fat free mayo and I had no idea how tasty the real stuff is. >_< God, typing this out really underlines my bad habits.

I've noticed a pattern. Relationship fail = lots of weight without even realizing what I'm doing.

Having said all of that, Mum bought me Zumba for Christmas! and my darling brother got me a portable DVD player to help avoid embarrassment :) They make a thoughtul team.

So the past 3-4 days I've been at it. Using Zumba every day (lots of fun, the workout flies by like they say on the infomercial), aiming for 2-3 litres of water, making some changes to my food habits and trying to STAY AWAY FROM BOOZE - that's the hardest part for me.

My apologies, I couldn't find a decent photo of me at around 92-3 kg, only this blurred one:

And me in Cairns hiding behind my bag at around 76kg, wearing the same shirt (my fav.)

I think the blur is doing me justice, but you can still see that I've gained weight. I'm wider and if I was side on in the photograph you'd see that my thighs, bum and arms are fatter, too.

I've missed this place and I'm happy to be back.
[/url]
Misstoodles

Previous

Return to Before During and After Photos