It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:46 pm

Free Newsletter

Fell off the bandwagon and wtf

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Fell off the bandwagon and wtf

Postby Schteve » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:53 am

Well, on saturday morning I weighed myself and was 80kg. I 5 kilo drop since I started about a month ago, not too bad considering I've mainly changed my diet not my exercise routine.

But, I knew saturday night would send my diet to hell. It was my 20th, and I drank 16 beers and 16 cans of coke (first coke in 5 weeks). I of course ate junk food; chips, sausage rolls, chicken nuggets, pizzas, other random crap.

So I got up this morning, fearing the worst, and weighed myself... To be 78.5! :o First time I've been in the 70's in a long time. How on earth did I manage to lose 1.5 kilos drinking lots of beer and coke and eating junk?

Is the moral of the story to drink heaps and get drunk more often? lol
Schteve

Postby milkyway » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:55 am

I dunno - maybe you're dehydrated? :lol:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Mandie » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:47 am

I'd actually guess you were dehydrated too... The body works in a strange way, and even if you'd eaten enough to put on 1.5kg in a night (which is a LOT of calories), it wouldn't show up by the next morning like that.. takes a little while!

Very odd! But no, I don't think the moral is to eat junk and drink heaps, unfortunately!!! :) WIsh it was!!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:09 am

ive heard that happening before and then a couple of days later the person has put the weight back on plus more. 16 beers!!? far out must have been a good birthday hope you had a good one!!
kate_turner2000

Postby vanessa0305 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:24 am

I find that a bad food day can take up to 4 days to show up on the scales for me. I hope that this is a fluke and you get to keep your weight loss!!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby Schteve » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:23 pm

Yes it could well have been dehydration I suppose. I drank 2-3 glasses of water, but nowhere near as much as I peed out. ;) I didn't think of that.

I guess I'll wait a few days and see what the scales say. Hopefully I don't put heaps on, it was 79.5 this morning. I always weigh less in the mornings than at night by about a kilo, probably because at night my body digests all the food I've eaten properly.

Yeah it was a fun night. :) I was actually aiming to drink 20 (for my 20th), and fell a little bit short.. Not because I got too drunk, but because the damn things were hitting my stomach hard. Oh well.
Schteve

Postby SarahC » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:54 pm

Wow what a lot of drinks... well done!!

I have had times when I've come up a few kilos lighter after a big night of drinking... it's just dehyrdation unfortunately :(
SarahC

Postby Misstoodles » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:06 am

Yeah I had a very strange thing happen a couple of months ago too. Although I did keep to roughly my calorie requirements for the day, I had 'something' (it's going to remain nameless) and didn't do anything physical really for the entire evening/morning. Weighed myself the next day and realised I lost 800g.

I can't begin to understand why the hell it happened. I'm assuming it just sped my metabolism up like crazy? god knows. It was weird as hell. After that evening though it went back to my usual 200g weight loss each day, thank god.

: S
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Return to Weight loss Talk